Kueruig brewer users??

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Meridana,
I love my Kuerig. It's the only gadget I've got that I love as much as my Kindle. (In fact, one infinitely enhances the other. )

Well, I recently had this problem. I've had it a few years, so it was not in warranty. I called Keurig to see if they might be able to help me trouble shoot.

They did one better. First they tried to help me trouble-shoot. When it didn't work, they offered to send me a replacement. Sure enough, two days later, I received a brand new one. They even sent me a package of coffee for my trouble.

I'm a Kuerig for life!
My wife had exactly the same issue with the same end result. We are very happy with the Keurig.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Rael Furniture In House Repair

try un-plugging it and the chip will recycle
for coffee that is about 40 cents a cup , go to coffeepeople.com
Old 08-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Meridana has had five of these machines and they've all developed the same problem. Silvertoken has had six of them. many other posters are talking about their problems with them.
Please explain to me why these are so wonderful. I don't drink coffee, but I had a Bunn coffee maker for 20 years and never had to replace it.
When I moved here I bought a Mr Coffee for my wife and it works just fine. It's probably the last coffee maker I'l ever buy.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
How do you get 30% off coupons?
Either on mailed flyers (sign up for mail list or open a Kohls Card)
also you can go to gottadeal.com and pull the 30% kohls when they are available..normally one week a month. But the code you get online can only be used online and can be used in conjuntion with a free ship code also. I always wait for both. Normally all codes need the kohls card. Once in awhile a code will work with your visa. Yep we stock up on kcups at Kohls, Bedbathandbeyond and walmart. Starbucks are the big draw
Old 08-22-2012, 11:32 AM

We buy our coffee through Green Mt, and they will replace free any Keurig coffee maker as long as you continue to buy through them. We get the discounted rate on k-cup, etc and free shipping.

We are on our 3rd Keurig.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:44 AM

I had the problem after two years of use. I called Keurig, and they decided I needed a replacement, which they sent right away.. no cost! Made me happy!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
with a Keurig you will save money once one stops throwing out the coffee that is always left in the pot.

Plus never a stale cup of coffee.

Their customer service is tops.

Buy their k-cups at Kohl's when they have their 30% off coupons.

We have had one for three years and cannot come up a downside for having one!

btk
My daughter has one and when we are visiting I'm forced to use it. Actually I've recently brought my own coffee pot up Because:

k-cups of coffee are way weaker than I'm used to. For me they make a lousy cup of coffee.

Very expensive like 60 cents a cup. I can get a Mc Donalds senior coffee for 50 cents I can brew my own for about 10 cents. If you have 4 cups in the morning and one at evening it adds up to plenty for just coffee.

The k-cup brewers don't last long maybe a year or two thats from my friends experience and THEY are not cheap. I got a Farberware purculator my Grandmother gave me when Nixon was president!

All in all.... rave on if you will, they are not for everyone. Not for me.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:50 AM

My Keurig dispenses a stream of coffee and 2 streams of water at the same time. Have cleaned it, de-scaled it, etc., and still happens. Any ideas?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marennorge View Post
My Keurig dispenses a stream of coffee and 2 streams of water at the same time. Have cleaned it, de-scaled it, etc., and still happens. Any ideas?
Get the old Mr Coffee out again!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM
Sage
Default What type of water to use in a Keurig brewer?

I received a Keurig brewer for Christmas -- love it so far. I only drink about 2 cups of coffee/tea per day, so it is perfect for me. Should I be using distilled or bottled water in the Keurig instead of tap water for best taste and to reduce scale build up?
Old 12-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I received a Keurig brewer for Christmas -- love it so far. I only drink about 2 cups of coffee/tea per day, so it is perfect for me. Should I be using distilled or bottled water in the Keurig instead of tap water for best taste and to reduce scale build up?
We have been using distilled or bottled water in our Keurig. We just installed a Whirlpool water purifier on our kitchen tap, so now we'll try using that water.

We buy our K cups at Bealls, they offer a good variety. We use a Coupon which is offered a lot ..."$10 off your next purchase of $25 or more."
Old 12-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Sage

Barefoot, Thanks for the suggestion to use bottled or distilled water. I have heard the same thing from a couple of other people who have a Keurig.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
we use bottled spring water in our keurig - but they do offer a filter for the larger machines that fits right into the water reservoir - less than $20 - available at bed, bath and beyond [my budget] with their 20% off coupon.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman931 View Post
How about sources for the best bargains for coffee.
I always check the internet for best deals, but I seem to get the best deals on K-cups from 11th Street Coffee.

As for the brewer itself, we have a Breville........quite expensive but seems to be holding up just fine after about 2 years (hope I didn't just jinx myself).
Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

no matter the make of the brewer, if you want it to last do not use the tap water in TV. Far too many minerals that will in fact slow down your machines flow and eventually clog it. Yes cleaning with white vinegar helps some, but not enough.

Spring or distilled water is best.

btk
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.