Appliance Recommendations?

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Default Appliance Recommendations?

I will be in the market for all new appliances including Stove, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Clothes Washer & Dryer. Does anyone recommend a particular brand or features?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Veteran member

Check Consumers Report on line or at the library
Old 01-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I have had excellent luck with Kenmore products, YMMV.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francie View Post
I will be in the market for all new appliances including Stove, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Clothes Washer & Dryer. Does anyone recommend a particular brand or features?
Are these appliances required for a home here in TV? We went with the appliances supplied by TV when our home was built, and eight years out we have no complaints.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-06-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post

I agree with the Kenmore advice. We've had good luck with the washer, dryer, and fridge. One exception would be the dishwasher. We went with Bosch. It's the nicest and quietest there is. Hardly know it's on.

This month's Consumer Report (feb '13) has ratings on dishwashers and washers and dryers. Just got mine in the mail last week.

Bosch dishwashers had 4 of the top 6 in the ratings.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Are these appliances required for a home here in TV? We went with the appliances supplied by TV when our home was built, and eight years out we have no complaints.
I have been told that TV no longer supplies appliances or, for that matter, window blinds, ceiling fans, etc. etc. Between this and the much bigger bonds that are not represented as part of the purchase price of new homes, it can appear that these are cheaper than resales. They are not when considering what a resale usually comes with, including appliances! I too am happy with the appliances that came with the house, and over the years I have had to do exactly one repair (to the tune of about $150). Sorry, have no suggestions where to go for appliances or what brands to buy. Agree with the poster who says to check them out on Consumer Reports.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Sage

Anothe rvote for consumer reports. I rather buy a product that will perform well over a long period of time and never had any problems with the suggestions on Consumer Reports.

Well worth to check into to.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Veteran member
Default Samsung

We went with Samsung appliances when we recently had our IRIS built.

Purchased online from Best Buy and delivered locally.

Did quite a bit of research and happy with our choice.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
I have been told that TV no longer supplies appliances or, for that matter, window blinds, ceiling fans, etc. etc. Between this and the much bigger bonds that are not represented as part of the purchase price of new homes, it can appear that these are cheaper than resales. They are not when considering what a resale usually comes with, including appliances! I too am happy with the appliances that came with the house, and over the years I have had to do exactly one repair (to the tune of about $150). Sorry, have no suggestions where to go for appliances or what brands to buy. Agree with the poster who says to check them out on Consumer Reports.
TV is still installing appliances unless you decline and buy your own. That was the case a few weeks back when we went through design.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default Regarding dishwasher

In most of our OPEN floor plans, I would suggest a QUIET dishwasher, we have a Bosch but Kitchen Aid is also know for being quiet! Most of our appliances are LG (Washer, Dryer, Refrig)....Stove (GE Cafe)...Happy with all
Old 01-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
I agree with the Kenmore advice. We've had good luck with the washer, dryer, and fridge. One exception be the dishwasher. We went with Bosch. It's the nicest and quietest there is. Hardly know it's on.

This month's Consumer Report (feb '13) has ratings on dishwashers and washers and dryers. Just got mine in the mail last week.

Bosch dishwashers had 4 of the top 6 in the ratings.
I agree totally when it comes to Sears Kenmore. The home we moved from and sold up north we bought all new appliances within two years of moving down here. That includes washer, drier, refridgerator, gas range and dishwasher. Our home prior to that also was equipped with Kenmore. If we need replacements in the future to replace the GE stuff that came with the house, there'll be no hesitation to go with Sears Kenmore!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-06-2013, 05:38 PM

Before I retired 4 years ago,( I am an electrical engineer.) I was in charge of US Standards for Safety of major appliances at Underwriters Laboratories (UL). I worked with the design engineers at all the major appliance manufacturers in the world. In my opinion the best appliances are Kenmore Elite. They are made for Sears by Whirlpool. Whirlpool manufacturers the Kitchen Aid dishwashers and the dishwashers are very quiet.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.