Kueruig brewer users??

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2012, 03:20 AM
Default Cuisinart

We've done a lot of research and have decided that we're going to purchase the Cuisinart - I have to drink decaf (migraine issues) so most of the full pot of coffee made in our Bunn goes to waste. We have a Senseo machine and do love it, but Sara Lee has stopped or slowed down distributing that good coffee (Douwe Egberts) so the pods are hard to find....so we're saying good bye to the Senseo and getting the Cuisinart. I will miss the "crema" that the Senseo pods produce, though. Don't want three machines on my counter!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
I don't know what model you have, but ours lets you select from 3 cup sizes. Have you been using the large cup button? If you have a really large mug even the large button won't fill it all the way. I have to do a large cup and then a small cup to fill my mug. I use the same Kcup for both. FYI Amazon.com sells a wonderful little thingie that lets you fill it with your own coffee. It is much better then the one that comes with the machine. Also, every Friday at the Amazon Friday Sale they have fabulous prices on the K cups.
I had to call Keurig once with a cleaning question and they were very helpful. Have you discussed your problem with their customer service department.
I do the same thing as described above and it works fine. Might be different if you like really strong coffee.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Smile

I have not had that problem. Call Keurig 800 number they are very helpful and if your brewer is still under warranty they will replace it if there's a problem.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

the Cuisanart is a Keurig dressed in a fancier package with a more expensive name.

btk
Old 01-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Default Why not a french press

I was just wondering why a French press wouldn't work.

I started using one when we were cruising on our sailboat, for different reasons but still it does the same as a K brewer. We had space issues, no room for a giant brewing machine. We had electric issues, didn't want to start a gen set, (we had a propane stove/oven) every time a cup of coffee was needed. We could brew any coffee we could find. We could brew one to three cups at a time, in the time it takes to boil water.

Just wondering why not a simple French press.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=sailor47;443999]I was just wondering why a French press wouldn't work.

I love my French press. The biggest problem with them is that after the first cup, the coffee is cold. No way to keep it warm.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Default Problems with Kurig not filling

I have had 3 of these units and all developed the same problem as you described.
I finally solved my problem. I have a small air brush compressor, when it starts to act up, i REMOVE THE WATER TANK empty out the water and apply small air pressure where the tank outlet enters the Kurig. Voila it always works.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Default got it!

Bought our Cuisinart brewer on Friday and just love it!!!! And, no I don't agree that it's the same as the Keurig just in a more expensive package. At our local Costco, the comparable Keurig was $20 less than the Cuisinart, which has a larger water reservoir, sleek design, My K-cup compartment built in, a rinse feature, 5 cup sizes but most of all it's a Cuisinart.....have been happy with other Cuisinart appliances, so this clinched the deal and for just $20 more than the Keurig Platinum (I think)....and $50 less than at BB&B...Anyway...love it and it looks SO sleek on my countertops!!!!! The Green Mountain Decaf is very good and Timothy's Decaf Colombian is very rich and tasty, too!!! Just thought I'd put my "2 cents" in!!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
the Cuisanart is a Keurig dressed in a fanciers package with a more expensive name.

btk
Might be so but we had 2 top of the line Keurigs that pooped out just beyond the 1 year warranty and now have a Cuisinart from SAMs club at same $179 price as the first Keurig and have had no problems even though we are well beyond the warranty. It just feels "sturdier" And operates much quieter. The Keurigs gave lots of strange problems (making wrong size cups -- having to "cock" the head several times to get it to work) before finally just not working at all! We were just visiting our son in NC and found them on their second Keurigs and already experiencing the strange problems that seem to plague Keurigs.

BTW, we only make 2 to 4 cups per day so I know we didn't wear them out.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

Amazon just added a new k-cup coffee line to their Subscribe & Save program. San Francisco Bay Coffee uses a mesh basket to hold their grounds instead of the plastic cup. It saves on manufacturing and shipping costs and works and tastes as good as a regular k-cup. Cost per cup using S&S is only 38 cents.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Sage

We have the Mr. Coffee with the Keurig compenents and so far so good. Only thing is, it doesn't make my large sized mugs full. I have to use a smaller mug that makes about 1 Measuring Cup full. We can use the pods 2x...but then we're not into strong coffee and use creamer. We will take note on the life-time of this (got ours over the holidays on sale at Beall's) and perhaps will look into the Cuisinart next time. We also purchased the filter from Walmart so we can use the regular coffee grounds. Hopefully Keurig will get their issues ironed out.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:04 AM
Platinum member

My 2 Keurigs only had 1 year warranties and that's when they pooped out. One year and one day! My Cuisinart has a 3 year warranty. My models were about the same price.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Veteran member

I have a Breville (replaced a Keurig that stopped working). I have zero problems since I use distilled water. No clogging, scale, etc. The flavor of the coffee is much better. If you don't want to go distilled, get a water softener from Lowes or Home Depot. Anything that uses hot water will work better and last longer.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:03 PM

Must be the model you bought. We have a 5 cup selector on ours. Haven't had any problems with filling a cup full Love it for everything from coffee to ice tea to hot chocolate
Old 08-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

mine is 3 years old and never had a problem..have always used bottled water

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.