Kueruig brewer users??

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemom View Post

As for the brewer itself, we have a Breville........quite expensive but seems to be holding up just fine after about 2 years (hope I didn't just jinx myself).
We have a Keurig, but I am a very great fan of Breville appliances!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Veteran member
Default Like My Keurig

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekeithfan View Post
My daughter has one and when we are visiting I'm forced to use it. Actually I've recently brought my own coffee pot up Because:

k-cups of coffee are way weaker than I'm used to. For me they make a lousy cup of coffee.

Very expensive like 60 cents a cup. I can get a Mc Donalds senior coffee for 50 cents I can brew my own for about 10 cents. If you have 4 cups in the morning and one at evening it adds up to plenty for just coffee.

The k-cup brewers don't last long maybe a year or two thats from my friends experience and THEY are not cheap. I got a Farberware purculator my Grandmother gave me when Nixon was president!

All in all.... rave on if you will, they are not for everyone. Not for me.
I agree that the Keurig may not be for everyone. I have a couple, one in my home (about 3 -4 years now) and one in my office and have never had an issue. I drink 2-4 cups a day using the Keuring. Scale buildup can occur in any coffee maker if it is not properly maintained. As to the issue of the cost of k-cups, would you be aware of the k-cup insert that you can purchase so that you can use your own coffee? I grind my own coffee beans each morning and enjoy the fresh coffee. I do use the k-cups if I am running late for example, but overall, I agree, even on sale, they can be pricey. I think I am going to go get another fresh cup now!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I have a Cuisinart that has an alert (red blinking light) to tell me it needs a cleaning with vinegar/water solution. I try to complete this maintenanc before the alert operates.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

I have used the same 4 cup Mr Coffee brewer for at least 10 years with absolutely no problems. Rinse it out with vinegar every few years if I remember to do it. The coffee is fine by me.

I think I paid in the neighborhood of $20 for it. If I paid in excess of $100 for a coffee maker and had the troubles mentioned by previous posters, I think I would throw a good ole Ohio hissy-fit! I still can't figure out what's included in the Keurigs that makes them worth $100. Just sayin'.

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Default Keurig coffee makers

Our daughter purchased a Keurig for us (a 3 cup one) a few years ago. It lasted just short of a year and a half and we returned it to Costco (in VT) but you must make sure that you have the widget that brews your own blend of coffee. They took it back, no questions, and we purchased another when they gave us a refund. One would think a $130 plus coffee maker would last more than a few years.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:40 PM

We bought our first one 5+ yrs ago. We got the one with 5 different cup sizes so hubby could have a big cup of coffee. I use the smaller settings, depending on what I am making. We are on our 3rd Keurig (current one was a replacement for one that died in March 2012). We love it - even though it is pricy for drinks - it is cheaper than Starbucks, and love the convenience of it. Also, hubby and I do not drink the same drinks, and we both alternate our choices through out the day. It is not for everyone, and hubby was very skeptical at first. Now, when we travel he takes it with him if he can. LOL
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 PM

Take the filter out.mine did the same thing and once I removed that filter contraption it works perfect
Old 01-07-2013, 06:13 AM

Sounds like there may be coffee grounds partially blocking the inline filter. Remove the top of your machine. Cut the tie wraps that hold the water lines to both sides of the filter. Pull off both lines. Blow into the filter. The filter is dense, so you will not feel air coming from the other end, but it will dislodge the blockage. Aim it at a cup of water. If there is a blockage you will see it in the cup of water. Put water lines back on the filter. Replace the tie wraps. Put the top back on and give it a try.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Default Best (Kueruig) coffee Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman931 View Post
How about sources for the best bargains for coffee.

I purchase from Lowes, they have a good variety, and if you are a Veteran you get 10% off the price (must show ID) or if you have a Lowes credit card, you can also get 10% off.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Sage

I hate it! I find it is so much richer coffee than keurig to make with an expresso/latte maker. And almost the same amount of effort for being able to select your own coffee.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.