Last Day Of Work

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Sage
Default Last Day Of Work

Here it is, my last day at work. I hate that four letter word.

The company I am working at has nice people who treat me like an employee although I am a vendor to them. I will miss them as they are kind people who have their heart in the right place. The CEO and owner forwared an e-mail congratulating me on my retirement and it tells me, cake at 2 PM. My vendor boss is taking me to lunch and another group gave me a bottle of scotch. Also in the e-mail, they are gathering up a donation/gift to give to me. Life is good.

My comapny asked me to help out by working an additional week. I told them that was imposible as I was heading down to Florida. They have staffing problems but I gave them fours years to find a replacement for me. If they can't their act together, it's thei problem. Not hearing from them wil be a peaceful existence.

I will be driving down to Tampa first with my son to pick-up my grandchild and then to Ft. Lauderdale. I may be in TV in April for house hunting and definitely rent starting May 1st.

See y'all then.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Gold member

Congratulations 2B! Safe journey. See you soon!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Sage

One of life's greatest moments - retirement day! Safe travels and welcome to TV.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

Congratulations on your retirement! We have another 3 months until retiring from our jobs.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Sage
Default Very happy for you.

How wonderful for you! You have given your notice and it is the company's problem now to replace you. Try not to feel guilty about it. The same happened to me when I worked for our local hospital. I gave a two week notice as required and at the last minute they asked me to work a week longer due to staffing problems. I did as I wasn't in the position you are in planning to move. Once you give your notice, your head just isn't in it anymore. Best of luck to you.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Joe.

We G's can't wait until you come HOME!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Sage

Congratulations and best wishes! Safe travels as well and a smooth transition to Florida living!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

So happy for you. Have a big-ole scotch in celebration!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Here it is, my last day at work. I hate that four letter word.

The company I am working at has nice people who treat me like an employee although I am a vendor to them. I will miss them as they are kind people who have their heart in the right place. The CEO and owner forwared an e-mail congratulating me on my retirement and it tells me, cake at 2 PM. My vendor boss is taking me to lunch and another group gave me a bottle of scotch. Also in the e-mail, they are gathering up a donation/gift to give to me. Life is good.

My comapny asked me to help out by working an additional week. I told them that was imposible as I was heading down to Florida. They have staffing problems but I gave them fours years to find a replacement for me. If they can't their act together, it's thei problem. Not hearing from them wil be a peaceful existence.

I will be driving down to Tampa first with my son to pick-up my grandchild and then to Ft. Lauderdale. I may be in TV in April for house hunting and definitely rent starting May 1st.

See y'all then.
Congratulations!! I'm sure it all feels surreal right now. I'm happy and excited for you! Safe travels and I hope you have many blessings ahead!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to RETIREDSFW

Hurry on down. I want to see if that smile is for real. I can only imagine that grin is from ear to ear now that the last work day is here. I remember my last day 7-31-2009. Oh happy day! Looking forward to seeing you at crispers.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Sage
Smile

Congratulations to you!! A new wonderful life awaits you!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Isn't it odd that "they" always find out you are indispensable when you are leaving? Enjoy your new life.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
How wonderful for you! You have given your notice and it is the company's problem now to replace you. Try not to feel guilty about it. The same happened to me when I worked for our local hospital. I gave a two week notice as required and at the last minute they asked me to work a week longer due to staffing problems. I did as I wasn't in the position you are in planning to move. Once you give your notice, your head just isn't in it anymore. Best of luck to you.
They have big time staffing problems!!!!! It's funny the guy replacing me left a post where he hates it because a supervisor just leans heavy on everyone.
I think in a way that all things happen for a reason. Payback is a bitch as I left the same site for the same reason. Mean people stink!!!!

Oh Well!!! Pretty soon, I'll be singing, "it's another beautiful day in TV".

Old 03-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Isn't it odd that "they" always find out you are indispensable when you are leaving? Enjoy your new life.
I wished I could tell my previous supervisor something. They abuse you until you stick up for yourself. He called me at 5:30 PM when I was off duty, to tell me that I wasn't getting a raise. He had all day to do this and he wimped out. I was so mad that I didn't want to say anything so I just hung up on him.

If I followed my heart I would have told him "I quit", right then and there as he had nobody to replace me. He would have been beside himself and I probably would have gotten a raise. I like to think it would have been funny, as he would be calling me all night and asking if I was going in the next day and my response would have been "I quit and it's your problem now". I would have frusted the heck out of him. They throw around nickels like manhole covers. LOL

As The Godfather wisdom says, "You can act like a man". It was a classless way in which he handled it. Then they wonder why people quit like they don't realize people have a life.

Onto to happy thoughts!!!

Old 03-29-2013, 10:32 AM

Get on down here and leave all that frustration behind!! Congratulations and safe trip!!

After a lifetime of adventures, the adventure of a lifetime.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.