Later in life marriage

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2019, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
What a perfect thread with beautiful useful thoughtful information and ideas. I have one to add if a Second, Third Marriage is in the cards. If you need a Pre-Nuptial you are marring to quickly or don't know the other person well enough. A great person to ask would be Nickolas Cage!

Living in what was considered Sin a long time ago sounds like fun!
Pre-nup is helpful if one person in the couple has assets, or stands to inherit, that vastly exceed that of the other person of the couple. And the pre-nup can say anything the couple want it to say.

Example: You only get out what you put in, plus half of whatever developed after the wedding day.

or

You get what you put in, and nothing of what developed after the wedding day.

or

You didn't bring anything in, so you get nothing when you leave.

Or

You didn't bring anything in, but I want you to have half of what I brought in if something happens - though nothing that came in after the wedding day.

or

You didn't bring anything in, but I want you to have half of everything we created as a married couple. You don't get any of what I brought in before we were married.

or

We can fight over the money at the divorce. But no matter what else, I get the dog.

And so on.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Pre-nup is helpful if one person in the couple has assets, or stands to inherit, that vastly exceed that of the other person of the couple. And the pre-nup can say anything the couple want it to say.

Example: You only get out what you put in, plus half of whatever developed after the wedding day.

or

You get what you put in, and nothing of what developed after the wedding day.

or

You didn't bring anything in, so you get nothing when you leave.

Or

You didn't bring anything in, but I want you to have half of what I brought in if something happens - though nothing that came in after the wedding day.

or

You didn't bring anything in, but I want you to have half of everything we created as a married couple. You don't get any of what I brought in before we were married.

or

We can fight over the money at the divorce. But no matter what else, I get the dog.

And so on.
And you just touched the tip of the iceberg, on the plethora of different situations...than can occur with other than first marriages.

As mentioned further above, the biggest reason to get married and not just to live together, is to remove any chance that someone else (maybe even an estranged offspring, thinking of only the inheritance)...from keeping a person from legally seeing their loved one.

No one should have...that kind of power.

However, protecting ones previously acquired assets for your own offspring (or however you choose to disseminate it) and then 'sharing' all that comes after the new marriage (or even a first one, for that matter)...makes perfect sense IMHO.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:07 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

A prenup is advisable no matter what the individual financial circumstances of the marrying parties, especially if one or both have children from a previous marriage, from out of wedlock or otherwise.

From what I have read roughly half of first marriages last until death do them part; 70% of second marriages and 80% of third marriages do not last but end in divorce. It is a jungle out there!

Might be financially safer to be an animist and love whatever is the object of your affection until you pass .

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 04-24-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:37 AM

As a member in good standing in MGTOW, Men Going There Own Way.... The American divorce courts are laws draconian against men, unreasonable in time and financially ..Although, I still love the ladies......

Last edited by Villagevip; 04-24-2019 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:37 AM
Sage

I told each of my 8 wives, that just getting me was such a valuable benefit...that they should let me handle all of their previous assets/money.

And I was always very generous in the divorce settlements though, as each received cab fare and enough for a week...at the nearest Holiday Inn Express.

Nothing but the best...for my ex's.

(Although meant as a facetious bad joke, my heart goes out to those who were taken...by their con/scumbag spouses)
Old 04-24-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I told each of my 8 wives, that just getting me was such a valuable benefit...that they should let me handle all of their previous assets/money.

And I was always very generous in the divorce settlements though, as each received cab fare and enough for a week...at the nearest Holiday Inn Express.

(Although meant as a facetious bad joke, my heart goes out to those who were taken...by their con/scumbag spouses)
Hey that Holiday Inn Express is baller. They have FREE COOKIES every night!
Old 04-24-2019, 10:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Hey that Holiday Inn Express is baller. They have FREE COOKIES every night!
That's exactly why, even though I didn't have to, I threw in a few extra dollar bills to them...for a pint of milk to go with the free cookies.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We have good friends who have been married for a long long time. He told us he called her just once by his first wife's name and once was enough!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-24-2019, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The answer to me is not to marry anyone who you don't have faith in. I can't argue with one thing in Jauela's post. I can't get the picture of Sweetie Pie I Love You with all my Heart! All said on bended knee. And trouble standing up afterward! Will you marry me Sweetie Pie? She says Yes Baby Face Sweetie Pie Snookie Ukums. They embrace and then the next thing is Sign Here just in case! I understand and grasp the concept in this day and age its probably a great idea. It doesn't fit into my profile. Not a chance.

We prefer to see our children enjoy what we were going to leave them after we pass now instead. It's a blast. It made our life and their life better and made our Grandchildren see more of their parents instead of them having to work too much.

I'm not being difficult at all. That's not the point. We cut up the Money Pie but I kept more than half for us. I trust My Wife not Our Kids Necessarily including their wives.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
We have good friends who have been married for a long long time. He told us he called her just once by his first wife's name and once was enough!
Good one!

I have a buddy, who after recently proposing, received a call out of the blue from a woman...he hadn't dated for over a year.

In the interest of honesty and good will, he even put the cel phone on speaker so his betrothed could hear...both sides of the conversation.

He told the 'old' girlfriend that he had found the love of his life and while he appreciated her calling...she could take him off of her contact list.

He said his big mistake was, without even thinking, he used his standard goodbye of...

..."I'll talk to you later."

Needless to say...it didn't go over well.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

So do you hang your hat in Tennessee?

All my Ex's live in Texas- George Strait - YouTube
Old 04-24-2019, 12:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
So do you hang your hat in Tennessee?

All my Ex's live in Texas- George Strait - YouTube
While I have two good friends who live just outside of Nashville and when visiting them, always have a great time, it's also where outside of urban areas the best selling t-shirt says:

"Paddle faster...I hear banjo's."

As for Texas, I try to keep it a secret and not tell anyone... that I was actually born 1.3 miles from the Alamo.

Oops.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 04-24-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.