Latest Tax bill question - Levying Authority

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2022, 11:56 AM
Default Latest Tax bill question - Levying Authority

On my most recent tax bill I have a non-ad valorem assessment I don't understand. Its now Saturday and tax office not open and can't wait till Monday to find out what the line item: 735A Unit 135-Maintenance of $472.70 is? I'm in Hadley and guessing something got fixed in my village? Anybody know? thank you.
Peace
Old 11-05-2022, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Your answer is here.
Property Taxes - Randy Mask - Sumter County Tax Collector
Old 11-05-2022, 12:13 PM
Veteran member

That would be your District 7 annual assessment
Old 11-05-2022, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfriendly View Post
On my most recent tax bill I have a non-ad valorem assessment I don't understand. Its now Saturday and tax office not open and can't wait till Monday to find out what the line item: 735A Unit 135-Maintenance of $472.70 is? I'm in Hadley and guessing something got fixed in my village? Anybody know? thank you.
Peace
All tax bills have an annual maintenance fee. It is for the cost to maintain the infrastructure that was purchased with the bond money, such as roads, utilities, etc. The bond is for the initial infrastructure purchase and the annual maintenance fee is to maintain it. It is typically about $400 to $500.
Old 11-05-2022, 12:39 PM

Now that the OP has his answer, I find myself wondering what do people research before buying a house? If anything!
What do people miss the most in their research and was there anything that surprised you?
Old 11-05-2022, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Guy View Post
Now that the OP has his answer, I find myself wondering what do people research before buying a house? If anything!
What do people miss the most in their research and was there anything that surprised you?
This website is a good guide to the cost of living in The Villages.

The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community
Old 11-05-2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
This website is a good guide to the cost of living in The Villages.

The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community
I agree. We have lived here full time for 18 years and not much surprised us. We did a lot of research. I think some researched paint colors..... MAYBE!
Old 11-05-2022, 04:21 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,304 Times in 589 Posts

The Villages Special Assessments

(352) 751-3900

The Maintenance Assessments are also billed on the annual tax bill to cover the maintenance and replacement of the infrastructure that was purchased with the Bonds.

The Board of Supervisors set the Maintenance Assessments, through Budget workshops each year by reviewing the operational needs of the Districts. The Maintenance Assessments are used to cover the cost of items, such as landscaping, deed compliance, road maintenance, wetlands and preserves, water retention areas, storm/gutter facilities, rights-of-way, transportation paths, walls, fences, utilities, insurance, etc. along with setting aside reserve funds for future projects.

In the Non Ad Valorem section of you tax bill you will find the Municipal Bond Assessment (Indicated with a “B”) and the Maintenance Assessment (indicated with an “A”).
Old 11-05-2022, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
I missed the fact that there are a few seemingly miserable people out there that feel the need to spend their time criticizing fellow Villagers. I guess I shouldn’t find it surprising given how big the place is?
Old 11-05-2022, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I missed the fact that there are a few seemingly miserable people out there that feel the need to spend their time criticizing fellow Villagers. I guess I shouldn’t find it surprising given how big the place is?
You mean like this?
Originally Posted by village dreamer
i think he means , to turn off or shut off. i can see someone with a hacksaw cutting off the water line.

Tophcfa
Hmmmm, if someone is that stupid then they deserve the damage that would cause.
Old 11-06-2022, 06:06 AM
Default Maintenance Charge

More than half the money is transferred to Project Wide Advisory Committee PWAC for general maintenance south of 466. Homeowners end up paying for maintenance of commercial areas of Sumter Landing and Brownwood. Commercial properties pay only 1 percent of maintenance fees.
Old 11-06-2022, 06:23 AM

I missed the clause in my covenants that I could not have any farm animals on property. What a downer. I was so hoping to have a few pigs, sheep, aardvarks and buffalos.
Old 11-06-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Why do you care enough about this to post and have to them spend time looking at info that is useless?? Just saying.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
The Villages Special Assessments

(352) 751-3900

The Maintenance Assessments are also billed on the annual tax bill to cover the maintenance and replacement of the infrastructure that was purchased with the Bonds.

The Board of Supervisors set the Maintenance Assessments, through Budget workshops each year by reviewing the operational needs of the Districts. The Maintenance Assessments are used to cover the cost of items, such as landscaping, deed compliance, road maintenance, wetlands and preserves, water retention areas, storm/gutter facilities, rights-of-way, transportation paths, walls, fences, utilities, insurance, etc. along with setting aside reserve funds for future projects.

In the Non Ad Valorem section of you tax bill you will find the Municipal Bond Assessment (Indicated with a “B”) and the Maintenance Assessment (indicated with an “A”).

Special Thanks to: Kansas, Retiredguy and Rainger for your detailed answers.

Last edited by Mrfriendly; 11-06-2022 at 08:31 AM. Reason: adding special thanks to a few who helped with my question
Old 11-06-2022, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Yes, maybe it helps them feel superior..
Closed Thread

Tags
tax, bill, line, item, 735a

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.