Leaking Window - Who Would You Call?

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2015, 01:46 PM
Gold member
Default Leaking Window - Who Would You Call?

If you have a window that has possibly a broken seal, as it is fogged up, and there is a stain on the paint next to it, who would you call to fix replace it? NOT under warranty.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Gold member

I have the same issue. I tried contacting the manufacturer online and didn't get anywhere. I went to Lowes and Home Depot and all they sell is complete new windows. When I googled replacement glass I got about a couple dozen contacts want to sell me a whole new house full of windows. Maybe somebody will know something.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
If you have a window that has possibly a broken seal, as it is fogged up, and there is a stain on the paint next to it, who would you call to fix replace it? NOT under warranty.
I still would call warranty and find out the company who installed the window and have them come out. A friend with an 8 year old home recently had them come out because of the same and they replaced two windows rather cheaply. The warranty is for longer than the one year house warranty.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Platinum member
Default Windows leaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I still would call warranty and find out the company who installed the window and have them come out. A friend with an 8 year old home recently had them come out because of the same and they replaced two windows rather cheaply. The warranty is for longer than the one year house warranty.
Sometimes contacting the manufacturer will be successful. They like to know about the products and want to keep a good public name. I know that double pane windows can develope problems like this after a few years.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

You might try Ro-Mac Lumber & Supply, the garage door people. They're a really large company and do more than just garage doors. I had a crack in one of my sliding glass doors. I called Tim 'the toolman' Miller, he's probably the most popular handyman in TV. He went to Ro-mac and picked up just one slider without the frame for $153.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Gold member

Same problem here. Think villages didn't install the best windows. If you have been in home less than 10 yrs call warranty dept. When you see a lot of condensation on windows its probably a leak
Old 07-24-2015, 07:34 PM
Platinum member

This just happened to us a month ago. I called Home Warranty and they gave me the number for Custom Windows in Ocala. Called Custom and they sent a tech out to measure and 2 weeks later installed new window......no charge. House is 5 years old. Always call Home Warranty first.
Closed Thread

Tags
window, call, paint, stain, fix, warranty, replace, possibly, broken, seal, fogged, leaking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.