Learning New Language Anybody? Duolingo Possibly?

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2021, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecrenshaw View Post
Salut...I have been taking French on Duolingo for years...hopefully to keep my mind active. Love it! I can read and write in French but have difficulty with the pronunciation...I wish there was somewhere to actually practice speaking it. Au Revoir, Dale
Try watching some French films with the English captioning on. One example is Lupin on Netflix. It will help with pronunciation.

There used to be a French language club in TV, but I've heard the leader is very happy to ask you to leave if you're not fluent enough.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Interesting. I have not found that to be the case at all.
I learned more French living in Quebec province for a summer, than I did studying French via DuoLingo.

I learned more Spanish by working for Burger King than I did taking formal lessons in High School for four years.

I definitely learned more Mandarin with DuoLingo than I learned it in the real world, but that's only because the only Mandarin I ever was exposed to in the real world was watching some shows on TV where someone says "ni hao."
Closed Thread

Tags
learning, fun, time, app, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.