Great Story About High School Students In St. Petersburg, FL.

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion
Default Great Story About High School Students In St. Petersburg, FL.

In the feel good story of the day; the great students of Mitchell High School of St. Petersburg FL promoted and elected an extremely popular student to be Homecoming King. They choose Terrell Tolliver, who also happens to have Down's Syndrome.

Described as one of the "sweetest kids in the school", Terrell receive bear hugs by the school football team, of which he is the "hydration engineer". One girl said she's never seen everyone scream so much for any prom king or queen and was reduced to tears.

There's much more to bring a big grin to your face in the story linked. I just thought that in contrast to the media's focus on the very real problem of school bullying, that this story of how great our kids can be should be acknowledged and applauded.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humanin...m-king/1163366

I heartily applaud the wonderful kids at Mitchell High.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.