Leesburg Cop

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
......bill n brillo your friend had a restriction was pulled over and look at his reaction......
I was kinda defending your position/mindset, actually. My friend was upset that his plate got run by the deputy for no reason, same as you weren't happy about having the Leesburg fellow following you for several miles for no apparent reason. In my friend's case, the deputy only uncovered the 'suspended license' issue AFTER running the plate which was prior to him "lightin' 'em up" and pulling my friend over. No way for the deputy to have known about it otherwise. My friend was only upset about having his plate run for no reason - he had no issue with the licensing questions as he knew he was driving within the parameters of what was allowed by the restriction and always carries the paperwork with him to support it.

Bill
Old 04-12-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I was definitely not talking about the OP. IMHO, the OP's concern was just a case of their verbalizing paranoia and an expression of personal opinion. However, it did not rise to the level of intentional ridicule or facetiously mocking law enforcement officers.

I also respectfully disagree with you about r_foye's post. I saw it as a fictious monologue with ridicule, presented as humor, as an objective with no indication that the poster really was an active or retired law enforcement officer. If it was clear to me that he/she was an officer, then I would have just moved on and not make a post, figuring he/she was just engaging in some self-depravating humor.

Anyway, I really do hope that I'm wrong and that law enforcement people did find some humor in it instead of being offended by it.
The really cool part about being me is that I don't have to prove who I am to anybody on this forum. But just so you know, I am retired law enforcement and the post was exactly what you said it was, " a fictious monologue with ridicule." It was what we in law enforement call "sarcasm" And it was Ridicule aimed at one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen on this forum. Now Im sure those of you with sensitive bellies will be offended with what I just said, but thats okay, im a bully and the badge is weighing heavy on me right about now, so I'll just go lie down and dream of the glory days when the retirees shook in their loafers when they saw me coming...
Old 04-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_foye View Post
The really cool part about being me is that I don't have to prove who I am to anybody on this forum. But just so you know, I am retired law enforcement and the post was exactly what you said it was, " a fictious monologue with ridicule." It was what we in law enforement call "sarcasm" And it was Ridicule aimed at one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen on this forum. Now Im sure those of you with sensitive bellies will be offended with what I just said, but thats okay, im a bully and the badge is weighing heavy on me right about now, so I'll just go lie down and dream of the glory days when the retirees shook in their loafers when they saw me coming...
Office-r_foye, thanks for your explaination and for your prior service to your community. Because of your explaination I can now understand where you were coming from and no longer view your post as being offensive to law enforcement officers. I also hope you understand that my comments were born out of respect for the those who have honorably served.

In conclusion, I must now lower my head, put my tail between my legs and admit... I NOW GET IT!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 PM

Seems like some on here are over-analyzing this...
Cop was just doing his job, profiled a vehicle that was driving on the highway at an odd hour. Somehow the driver took offense and displayed it on a forum. Next time stay in the right lane to avoid suspicious behavior.

What if you were really a drug dealer going to a house and the cop just doesn't pay any mind to you. At that point you get to your deal and shots are fired killing innocent bystanders (one of them being someone you personally knew).... See, don't you wish the cop would have done his job, ran your tag and made sure nothing went down?

"People hate cops until they desperately need their help."
Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-12-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: It sounded judgmental.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Man I hate it when I miss graciegirls stuff! I've got to get it before she erases it.

Xavier
Old 04-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Say whaaaaa? C'mon Graciegirl. Just cause you're back up north doesn't mean you don't have to talk to us. We miss you! Talk to us . . .
Old 04-13-2011, 04:48 AM
Sage

I just wish the farmers and the cowmen could be friends.

First to identify the musical gets a hug.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
I just wish the farmers and the cowmen could be friends.

First to identify the musical gets a hug.
The farmers and the cowmen should be friends in OKLAHOMA, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:40 AM
Founder

So far this year, 26 officers have been gunned down - 44 percent more than the 18 shot and killed at this point in 2010.
The next time anyone is tempted to make a disparaging remark about police officers and taking donuts breaks, please remember the families (specially the little children) of these dead heroes. These men and women died protecting us......not eating donuts.

I can never understand why it's such good sport to minimize the dignity of police officers by painting them as donut hounds.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
So far this year, 26 officers have been gunned down - 44 percent more than the 18 shot and killed at this point in 2010.
The next time anyone is tempted to make a disparaging remark about police officers and taking donuts breaks, please remember the families (specially the little children) of these dead heroes. These men and women died protecting us......not eating donuts.

I can never understand why it's such good sport to minimize the dignity of police officers by painting them as donut hounds.
That would be me, and I am a huge supporter of the police officers who protect us. My grandfather who raised me was a police officer in Columbus, Ohio for 37 years. I have never had any kind of dealings with an officer of the law that was not positive, even when I got a ticket years ago.

My attempt at a little levity and my posts about the law enforcement people here in The Villages eating donuts in the parking lot at Publix only meant to reinforce my view that this place is safer than most places. I would like to add that I have never, ever, personally seen them munching donuts.

Maybe one bagel.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 AM

Initially, I was going to make a comment that this thread needs to be put to bed...because like many threads on so many forums, things seem to get beat to death. As a retired Chief and 30 years in service, the comments and topics regarding police officers/departments is nothing new to me. I don't take offense to the posts and remarks that we hear most of the time, in fact, I am often heard to make jokes and comments about cops and donuts and other remarks like "why don't the cops go after real criminals and leave the traffic violators alone". I think most of the time, comments such as these are all in fun, although I know that there are some real haters out there.

I don't believe the original poster here meant anything derogatory. I think he was just looking for opinions, although I may be wrong. I appreciate (which prompted this response) the Talk Host commenting about the seriousness and inherent dangers associated with police work. Thanks!

Take a minute if interested, to read my latest story "The Meet" on my blog, On the Road with the Chief. It's relevant to this topic.

Chief X
Old 04-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X View Post
Initially, I was going to make a comment that this thread needs to be put to bed...because like many threads on so many forums, things seem to get beat to death. As a retired Chief and 30 years in service, the comments and topics regarding police officers/departments is nothing new to me. I don't take offense to the posts and remarks that we hear most of the time, in fact, I am often heard to make jokes and comments about cops and donuts and other remarks like "why don't the cops go after real criminals and leave the traffic violators alone". I think most of the time, comments such as these are all in fun, although I know that there are some real haters out there.

I don't believe the original poster here meant anything derogatory. I think he was just looking for opinions, although I may be wrong. I appreciate (which prompted this response) the Talk Host commenting about the seriousness and inherent dangers associated with police work. Thanks!

Take a minute if interested, to read my latest story "The Meet" on my blog, On the Road with the Chief. It's relevant to this topic.

Chief X
Chief X..... I read your blog and I think you might just be my write-in candidate for President in 2012!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Sage

Hey Mike.......who's that in the Foster Grants? Welcome back!

Bill
Old 04-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Hey Mike.......who's that in the Foster Grants? Welcome back!

Bill
What? You didn't recognize one of those motorcycle cops from the TV show CHIPS? Poor guy, you must have run out of your pop-corn supply and going through withdrawal!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.