Leesburg Cop

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-09-2011, 07:29 PM
rubicon rubicon is offline
Email Reported As Spam
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,701
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Leesburg Cop

I am like most very respectful and appreciative of the fine work police do. It can be a thankless job. However this AM I was on my way down to Altamonte Springs via 441. I was in the left lane traveling between 40- 45 mph in a 45mph. I spotted a Leesburg cop ahead. Some drivers moved over or ahead of the cop. Bikers could be seen in every direction. some cars speeded up to beat the yellow light. I did not For some unknown reason just before this yellow light incident ,this cop slowed up then pulled behind me and followed me about 5-6 miles until I reached the city line and then pulled into the left lane and went back around. During this time my poor wife was somewhat unnerved wondering why or what we had done?

When we reached our destination I made mention to the salesman of this incident. His first question to me was what kind of a car do you drive. I told him he lauhed and said that cops love to target high end vehicles. He told me his brother was a trooper and that it was common place for traffic cops to target high end vehicles. The salesman laughed and said police enforcement seems to attract more than an average number of bully types. He said his brother is a bully. I told the salesman to tell his brother that this type of harassement is not appreciated. The salesman replied that he doesn't speak to his brother anymore.

In today's not so civilized society what are needed more than ever are law enforcement officers who have the skills set to keep things harmonious and here we have a guy acting like an antagonist and to add insult to possible injury he is allowed to carry a gun with live ammunition

I want to report the guy but I know exactly where it will end up.. I'll be the butt end of their joke. don't they do psychological tests on these guys before they hire them???? I am outraged....I feel better now..thanks
  #2  
Old 04-09-2011, 08:12 PM
784caroline 784caroline is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,430
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Report him for what?? You think he is bullying you because you drive a high end car?? I think you would get the paranoid award

He probbaly was runnng a vehicle or license check ...but so what. I would be glad he is doing his job....and I would, stop listening to your salesman.
  #3  
Old 04-09-2011, 10:03 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,207
Thanks: 2,934
Thanked 2,517 Times in 910 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

I kinda think he was driving behind you. They have to drive somewhere in between when they eat donuts in the parking lot at Publix. There aren't many bad guys in TV....Plus we have all of those gun toter Villagers to watch out for us if something does get out of hand. The poor guys don't feel needed.

They sometimes follow me in my Chrysler van. But maybe it's because I am such a hot babe.
  #4  
Old 04-10-2011, 06:42 AM
red tail red tail is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rio Grande Designer Villas of De Laguna
Posts: 1,113
Thanks: 16
Thanked 31 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I am like most very respectful and appreciative of the fine work police do. It can be a thankless job. However this AM I was on my way down to Altamonte Springs via 441. I was in the left lane traveling between 40- 45 mph in a 45mph. I spotted a Leesburg cop ahead. Some drivers moved over or ahead of the cop. Bikers could be seen in every direction. some cars speeded up to beat the yellow light. I did not For some unknown reason just before this yellow light incident ,this cop slowed up then pulled behind me and followed me about 5-6 miles until I reached the city line and then pulled into the left lane and went back around. During this time my poor wife was somewhat unnerved wondering why or what we had done?

When we reached our destination I made mention to the salesman of this incident. His first question to me was what kind of a car do you drive. I told him he lauhed and said that cops love to target high end vehicles. He told me his brother was a trooper and that it was common place for traffic cops to target high end vehicles. The salesman laughed and said police enforcement seems to attract more than an average number of bully types. He said his brother is a bully. I told the salesman to tell his brother that this type of harassement is not appreciated. The salesman replied that he doesn't speak to his brother anymore.

In today's not so civilized society what are needed more than ever are law enforcement officers who have the skills set to keep things harmonious and here we have a guy acting like an antagonist and to add insult to possible injury he is allowed to carry a gun with live ammunition

I want to report the guy but I know exactly where it will end up.. I'll be the butt end of their joke. don't they do psychological tests on these guys before they hire them???? I am outraged....I feel better now..thanks
maybe because you were doing 40-45 in the left lane and the speed limit was 45!
  #5  
Old 04-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Uptown Girl's Avatar
Uptown Girl Uptown Girl is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Villages
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I am like most very respectful and appreciative of the fine work police do. It can be a thankless job. However this AM I was on my way down to Altamonte Springs via 441. I was in the left lane traveling between 40- 45 mph in a 45mph. I spotted a Leesburg cop ahead. Some drivers moved over or ahead of the cop. Bikers could be seen in every direction. some cars speeded up to beat the yellow light. I did not For some unknown reason just before this yellow light incident ,this cop slowed up then pulled behind me and followed me about 5-6 miles until I reached the city line and then pulled into the left lane and went back around. During this time my poor wife was somewhat unnerved wondering why or what we had done?

When we reached our destination I made mention to the salesman of this incident. His first question to me was what kind of a car do you drive. I told him he lauhed and said that cops love to target high end vehicles. He told me his brother was a trooper and that it was common place for traffic cops to target high end vehicles. The salesman laughed and said police enforcement seems to attract more than an average number of bully types. He said his brother is a bully. I told the salesman to tell his brother that this type of harassement is not appreciated. The salesman replied that he doesn't speak to his brother anymore.

In today's not so civilized society what are needed more than ever are law enforcement officers who have the skills set to keep things harmonious and here we have a guy acting like an antagonist and to add insult to possible injury he is allowed to carry a gun with live ammunition

I want to report the guy but I know exactly where it will end up.. I'll be the butt end of their joke. don't they do psychological tests on these guys before they hire them???? I am outraged....I feel better now..thanks
Dear Rubicon,
I understand that this upset you and your bride, nobody enjoys driving in that state. With all due respect, it indeed may have happened because you were planted in the left lane. Please remember, that lane is primarily for passing and/or getting in line to make a left hand turn.
To travel along in the left hand lane without doing either of those things can really screw others up who are traveling behind you, especially at traffic lights with a left-hand turning lane. And certainly if your vehicle is a larger one.
The officer could have pulled you over (instead of dogging you) and explained that as a courtesy, but that probably would have shaken you a bit. As most people's instinct is to move to the right lane when a police car is behind them, he may have given you a few blocks to do that.
I assume he gave up and went his way.
Probably not the best way it could be handled, but better than here in Chicago where the officer pulls along side and loudly orders drivers to stop sailing the left hand lane.
For what it's worth....
  #6  
Old 04-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Xavier's Avatar
Xavier Xavier is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,039
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I am like most very respectful and appreciative of the fine work police do. It can be a thankless job. However this AM I was on my way down to Altamonte Springs via 441. I was in the left lane traveling between 40- 45 mph in a 45mph. I spotted a Leesburg cop ahead. Some drivers moved over or ahead of the cop. Bikers could be seen in every direction. some cars speeded up to beat the yellow light. I did not For some unknown reason just before this yellow light incident ,this cop slowed up then pulled behind me and followed me about 5-6 miles until I reached the city line and then pulled into the left lane and went back around. During this time my poor wife was somewhat unnerved wondering why or what we had done?

When we reached our destination I made mention to the salesman of this incident. His first question to me was what kind of a car do you drive. I told him he lauhed and said that cops love to target high end vehicles. He told me his brother was a trooper and that it was common place for traffic cops to target high end vehicles. The salesman laughed and said police enforcement seems to attract more than an average number of bully types. He said his brother is a bully. I told the salesman to tell his brother that this type of harassement is not appreciated. The salesman replied that he doesn't speak to his brother anymore.

In today's not so civilized society what are needed more than ever are law enforcement officers who have the skills set to keep things harmonious and here we have a guy acting like an antagonist and to add insult to possible injury he is allowed to carry a gun with live ammunition

I want to report the guy but I know exactly where it will end up.. I'll be the butt end of their joke. don't they do psychological tests on these guys before they hire them???? I am outraged....I feel better now..thanks
... and your point is? Seriously, you want to report this guy? For what? How dare he follow your high-end car. I can see me getting upset if he followed my low-end car .... yeah, right.

Xavier
__________________
My approach to today's politics: "Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul" ~ Walt Whitman
  #7  
Old 04-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Sparky-30 Sparky-30 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 309
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

As a ret. law enforcement officer, I suggest you sign up for the "Ride along program". Anyone can do that, you spend the day or night with an Officers tour of duty, really get your eyes opened up!
  #8  
Old 04-10-2011, 12:43 PM
K9-Lovers's Avatar
K9-Lovers K9-Lovers is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Posts: 2,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Dear Rubicon,
I understand that this upset you and your bride, nobody enjoys driving in that state. With all due respect, it indeed may have happened because you were planted in the left lane. Please remember, that lane is primarily for passing and/or getting in line to make a left hand turn.
To travel along in the left hand lane without doing either of those things can really screw others up who are traveling behind you, especially at traffic lights with a left-hand turning lane. And certainly if your vehicle is a larger one.
The officer could have pulled you over (instead of dogging you) and explained that as a courtesy, but that probably would have shaken you a bit. As most people's instinct is to move to the right lane when a police car is behind them, he may have given you a few blocks to do that.
I assume he gave up and went his way.
Probably not the best way it could be handled, but better than here in Chicago where the officer pulls along side and loudly orders drivers to stop sailing the left hand lane.
For what it's worth....
This sounds right to me.
__________________
K9-Lovers
  #9  
Old 04-10-2011, 12:54 PM
jchase jchase is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 320
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Maybe should drive in the driving lane, not the passing lane.
  #10  
Old 04-10-2011, 01:02 PM
golf2140 golf2140 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bonita
Posts: 1,862
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I am like most very respectful and appreciative of the fine work police do. It can be a thankless job. However this AM I was on my way down to Altamonte Springs via 441. I was in the left lane traveling between 40- 45 mph in a 45mph. I spotted a Leesburg cop ahead. Some drivers moved over or ahead of the cop. Bikers could be seen in every direction. some cars speeded up to beat the yellow light. I did not For some unknown reason just before this yellow light incident ,this cop slowed up then pulled behind me and followed me about 5-6 miles until I reached the city line and then pulled into the left lane and went back around. During this time my poor wife was somewhat unnerved wondering why or what we had done?

When we reached our destination I made mention to the salesman of this incident. His first question to me was what kind of a car do you drive. I told him he lauhed and said that cops love to target high end vehicles. He told me his brother was a trooper and that it was common place for traffic cops to target high end vehicles. The salesman laughed and said police enforcement seems to attract more than an average number of bully types. He said his brother is a bully. I told the salesman to tell his brother that this type of harassement is not appreciated. The salesman replied that he doesn't speak to his brother anymore.

In today's not so civilized society what are needed more than ever are law enforcement officers who have the skills set to keep things harmonious and here we have a guy acting like an antagonist and to add insult to possible injury he is allowed to carry a gun with live ammunition

I want to report the guy but I know exactly where it will end up.. I'll be the butt end of their joke. don't they do psychological tests on these guys before they hire them???? I am outraged....I feel better now..thanks
Maybe you shouldn't leave TV. What did the officer do wrong?
__________________
Villager from 2000 until they take me out in a small box!!!
  #11  
Old 04-10-2011, 02:19 PM
rubicon rubicon is offline
Email Reported As Spam
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,701
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Leesburg cop

Thank you all for your candid replies. First I am not paranoid. My professional background provided plenty of information in which to assess this situation. I moved from the left lane to the middle lane wherein the cop moved from the left lane to the middle lane and was tailgating me until we reached the city line some six miles. During this time bikers were passing left and right and two cars sped through the yellow light but this guy continued to hug my tail. It appears it is one of those situations where you had to be there to understand. Say what you will but I still don't believe his tin badge gives him the right to harass citizens. Finally I did end my post with a statement that it would do me no good to complain to officials. And that my friends was my point that his tin badge does give him license and that unfortunately negates much of the good these guys do in my mind. Many of your posts confirmed that point. I understand that force must be met with force, etc. I also understnad that respect is met with respect. Do you believe his actions garner respect. I just wonder if you really would have been as judgemental cocnerning this tale had you been the subject of this tactic? I know some of you will reply back that you would but.................?
  #12  
Old 04-10-2011, 02:27 PM
K9-Lovers's Avatar
K9-Lovers K9-Lovers is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Posts: 2,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Rubicon, I'm sure that no one who answered you meant any disrespect to you. We were all simply trying to figure out (other than being a bully) why a police officer would be following you. If you had fully explained the situation (changed lanes, others going through yellow lights, etc.) in your original post, we would not be left guessing. I assumed, as did the others on this forum, that you were inviting discussion of this incident. What else did you suppose us to do?
__________________
K9-Lovers
  #13  
Old 04-10-2011, 02:35 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,207
Thanks: 2,934
Thanked 2,517 Times in 910 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

And maybe the car may have been described in some felony...a car like yours...maybe no license plate was given.

Who knows?

I know that I may have sounded insensitive and K9 is right, I sort of reacted to the post, which didn't give all of the information just given.
And I came back with a smart aleck answer. I am sorry.

But we all react according to our life experiences and I haven't had any negative dealings with police officers...so I just kinda still think that they are all Officer Friendly.
  #14  
Old 04-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Sparky-30 Sparky-30 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 309
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Most Police agencies outside of the Highway Patrol (their job is mainly traffic) are much more involved in robberies, shootings, rapes, you name it, ASSAULT ON POLICE OFFICERS, than stopping little old ladies or men and harassing them. Traffic was usually the last thing on our minds. Staying alive was also the main issue, I always swore I was coming home that night or day, and back in the day we didnt have safety vests to wear, working the big city was a job in itself.
Like I posted before go on the ride along program, but take in mind you have to sign a waiver before, incase you get shot at or somone tries to get away real fast, could be the ride of your life............have you got what it takes, or are you gonna pick up the phone and start crying how the police are always picking on little old me.
  #15  
Old 04-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Jhooman Jhooman is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 368
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Gracie,

Your getting salty! I like that part of you, you hot babe.
__________________
J
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.