Leesburg Cop

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2011, 08:07 AM

I know that one of things that attracted me to law enforcement was that it was a place where psychologically unfit bullies like me would be welcome. Ah, I remember the many hours we spent in the police acadamy learning how to seperate the high end vehicles from the rest of the herd and then just following them for no reason other than the plain and simple joy of knowing we were harassing them. Everyday when I pinned my little tin badge on I felt the enormous god like power that I possessed. We would have contests to see how many retired folks we could send right over the edge with our Gestapo type tactics of follow and harass. I won many a toaster oven over the years as the contest winner. Of course there were many real bad guys out there we could have targeted, but what's the fun in that? I mean the real joy of police work is targeting the blue hairs and their high end cars. My only regret is that I never got to patrol an area like The Villages, it would have been like hunting ducks with a machine gun.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

This is gettin' good!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
This is gettin' good!
I love sarcasm. I guess you all knew that.

I really get the point r Foye.

Some struggle always with issues about authority.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
This is gettin' good!
I can't stop laughing out loud!

Hey, pass some of that on down here........

Bill
Old 04-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

JackZ

Since you are in Rome, I surprised you did not indicate that you would have expected a "proper hand signal" to be forth comming!!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default If one gets that bent out of shape because a law enforcement

vehicle was behind them, there musta been a reason for such concern!!??
Maybe they were tailing the car in front of you.
I can honestly say the only time I get nervous when the police are behind me is when I KNOW I was speeding and I just may be the one he is after.
When they are behind me any other time, they are just another vehicle.
I don't have a "high end" vehicle, but I do not note they behave any differently when they are behind me when I am driving my Vette!!

The incident is only an incident in the eye of the beholder. Since you were not pulled over apparently the officer had no interest in you. I fully understand the police paranoia. I have a brother in law when he is driving...if a police car happens to come up behind him, the first thing he says is..oh-oh there is a police man behind me! And every single time I always ask...what did you do wrong. He always says nothing. And I always ask the what's the concern? His response....I just don't like police "following me". And the we skew into the discussion about being followed...and on and on and on.

We should be glad where ever and when ever there is an appearance of an officer of the law.

btk
Old 04-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Veteran member
Default Drivers in Rome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
JackZ

Since you are in Rome, I surprised you did not indicate that you would have expected a "proper hand signal" to be forth comming!!
Don't get me started on driving in Rome..... I was once posted to Bangkok and thought traffic was out of control, that is until this posting in Rome...
Old 04-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_foye View Post
I know that one of things that attracted me to law enforcement was that it was a place where psychologically unfit bullies like me would be welcome. Ah, I remember the many hours we spent in the police acadamy learning how to seperate the high end vehicles from the rest of the herd and then just following them for no reason other than the plain and simple joy of knowing we were harassing them. Everyday when I pinned my little tin badge on I felt the enormous god like power that I possessed. We would have contests to see how many retired folks we could send right over the edge with our Gestapo type tactics of follow and harass. I won many a toaster oven over the years as the contest winner. Of course there were many real bad guys out there we could have targeted, but what's the fun in that? I mean the real joy of police work is targeting the blue hairs and their high end cars. My only regret is that I never got to patrol an area like The Villages, it would have been like hunting ducks with a machine gun.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I'm a humorous person, but I fail to see any humor in taking sarcastic pot-shots at all law enforcement when there is no valid reason for doing so. I not only found it to be humorless, but also disrespectful and insulting. Can someone explain to me why it's funny or what's so funny about it, or where I might be wrong about this?
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
Don't get me started on driving in Rome..... I was once posted to Bangkok and thought traffic was out of control, that is until this posting in Rome...
go down to naples...
Old 04-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
JackZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
go down to naples...
Continue south to Catania,Sicily!

If you need a hand signal translator I'm fluent after three years in Sicily.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I'm a humorous person, but I fail to see any humor in taking sarcastic pot-shots at all law enforcement when there is no valid reason for doing so. I not only found it to be humorless, but also disrespectful and insulting. Can someone explain to me why it's funny or what's so funny about it, or where I might be wrong about this?
Are you referring to the original poster or r_foye? If it's r-foye you need to read it again. He/she is/was obviously a law enforcement office with a wicked sense of humor. I loved it. Well done. If you are talking about the original post and it's two updates, I agree with you completely.

Xavier
Old 04-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Leesburg Cop

Reviewed the post to date
Memason "this IS getting good"
Sparky-30 "Do I have what it takes" in my occupation I received some serious threats from guys with flat noses and deep voices.
kippyclubb I have a cousin who lived in LA and belonged to a biker club in his day and whom I love to this day . So my remarks were not about bikers per se but the fact that they were speeding and apparently unnoticed by the cop.
gmcneill your post addressed my very thought. this was about one guy not all of law enforcement
784 caroline"we don't know that"
rfoyle "please don't either you or Xavier hold back.
brill n brillo your friend had a restriction was pulled over and look at his reaction
jackz the capitalization was for emphasis but thank you for the reminder as the nature of caps

We all should learn from our mistakes and it is good for the soul to admit them.
Like all of us there are issues that we have to deal with and on some days they just don't sit right. That was what it was like for me on that day and the last thing I needed was to have some guy for no apparent reason ride my tail. Normally I would have ignored it but this guy caught me on a bad day. Because there was and never would be an opportunity to tell this guy how I felt I made the mistake of blowing off steam here and if you will recollect I said I felt better..thanks for listening on my very first post.

I heard several different point of view but I do not recall reading were one person said you have a right to feel that way. A close friend of mine who is a priest what have said you had that right but as a responsible person you did not react irrationally. I was over this issue immediately after my first post. What had taken me by surprise, some pleasant, was that there was such a reaction. so my hats off to sparky30 and his LOE buddies people really are in your corner.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:01 PM

Leesburg has bad neighborhoods and drug problems in that area. There are gangs in that city that drive high-end vehicles (just like yours) on the highway during all hours of the day and night. Maybe this guy was just being safe and running your tag and such....
Old 04-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Are you referring to the original poster or r_foye? If it's r-foye you need to read it again. He/she is/was obviously a law enforcement office with a wicked sense of humor. I loved it. Well done. If you are talking about the original post and it's two updates, I agree with you completely.

Xavier
I was definitely not talking about the OP. IMHO, the OP's concern was just a case of their verbalizing paranoia and an expression of personal opinion. However, it did not rise to the level of intentional ridicule or facetiously mocking law enforcement officers.

I also respectfully disagree with you about r_foye's post. I saw it as a fictious monologue with ridicule, presented as humor, as an objective with no indication that the poster really was an active or retired law enforcement officer. If it was clear to me that he/she was an officer, then I would have just moved on and not make a post, figuring he/she was just engaging in some self-depravating humor.

Anyway, I really do hope that I'm wrong and that law enforcement people did find some humor in it instead of being offended by it.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.