Leesburg Cop

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Hey Mike.......who's that in the Foster Grants? Welcome back!

Bill
Yeah....back from the dark side . . .

I hope this one doesn't give Tony the willies..... EEEKKKKKKK!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Now that really gives me the willies.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Leesburg cop

If I had intended a social experiment I could not have picked a better title. never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine my original post would have gotten seven pages of chatter. In fact when keyboarding the original post I just envisioned my thoughts being disappearing into space. Certainly my emotions regarding this even went that way.

Chief X thank you I was not being critical of copS only the action of one cop that caught me on a bad day. Nor was i implying that the copy was after me. In fact that was the only reason I referenced my vehicle. While I understnad the nature and benefits of profiling I also understand that people can also be blindsided by that process . It was also interesting to see how certain words had different meanings and created different reactions from people reading the same post. for example a politician can get bad reaction from me if he refers to social security and medicare as entitlement programs since i was forced into both programs with payroll deductions. In fact when I ask politician when they use entitlement to mean yhat you sir mean that you are entitled to raid these programs to fund your pet projects.

So once again if I have upset anyone mea culpa. As far as this thread goes I will now run silent and run deep.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Now that really gives me the willies.
"Willie"......that's one of my numerous nicknames.........

Bill
Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Default You the man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
If I had intended a social experiment I could not have picked a better title. never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine my original post would have gotten seven pages of chatter. In fact when keyboarding the original post I just envisioned my thoughts being disappearing into space. Certainly my emotions regarding this even went that way.

Chief X thank you I was not being critical of copS only the action of one cop that caught me on a bad day. Nor was i implying that the copy was after me. In fact that was the only reason I referenced my vehicle. While I understnad the nature and benefits of profiling I also understand that people can also be blindsided by that process . It was also interesting to see how certain words had different meanings and created different reactions from people reading the same post. for example a politician can get bad reaction from me if he refers to social security and medicare as entitlement programs since i was forced into both programs with payroll deductions. In fact when I ask politician when they use entitlement to mean yhat you sir mean that you are entitled to raid these programs to fund your pet projects.

So once again if I have upset anyone mea culpa. As far as this thread goes I will now run silent and run deep.
As a relative new "poster" to TOTV (but a reader for 10 months), I've seen so many times the multiple reactions to what seemingly was an innocent post. I guess it is just the "nature of the beast" on TOTV.

I've been followed rather close by the police too, but not for 5-6 miles. I think the suggestion to pull over into a public place would have saved a lot of frustration. But that is "hindsight".

Don't lose sight of the fact that is forum is AWESOME as well as the good folks who post here. Do we overreact at times? Yes. Are we still "good folk"? Most assuredly. Do we sometimes get too wordy or seem to go on and on and on? I'm guilty.

As far as the "seven pages of chatter", heck, I read through 7 pages of chatter about an alligator walking across a golf course!!

Bottom line. You experienced an uncomfortable situation which I think most can relate to. As you implied above, we certainly have beat this "dead horse" (topic) to death to the point the horse's hoofs are barely showing above ground.

So I give you a "You the man" award for hanging in there through the reactions to your posted situation. I just freshened my "5 o'clock somewhere" and purpose a toast we move on to the next threat!!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Platinum member

Rubi,

Give it up.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.