A Letter to the NFL Commissioners

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2017, 10:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

SMH

It's NOT about the flag or anyone's patriotism.

It's about bringing attention to this country's continued racism.

Quote:

"Thinking NFL players are 'protesting the flag,' is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation.

Here's something else to think about.

Here’s What Many White Christians Fail To Understand About The NFL Protests

Quote:
When Tim Tebow knelt on the sidelines of a football game in a defiant and public act of faith during his years as an N.F.L. quarterback, he was adored as a darling of the American church. When Colin Kaepernick knelt before games in protest of police brutality, he received death threats, was called a “traitor” and eventually, left unsigned by the NFL.

Kaepernick is a devout Christian whose faith has turned him into an activist.

Eric Reid, Kaepernick’s former teammate on the San Francisco 49ers, recently wrote an op-ed in The New York Times describing the moment that he decided to join Kaepernick’s protest last year. Reid claims it was his Christianity that moved him to take the knee.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:55 PM

Tebow appeared to be praying! I doubt Kapernick prayed.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:46 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
SMH

It's NOT about the flag or anyone's patriotism.

It's about bringing attention to this country's continued racism.

Here's something else to think about.

Here’s What Many White Christians Fail To Understand About The NFL Protests
Racism ended with decisions by the Supreme Court and congressional legislation. what we have today's is the politicization of racism by the left for financial gain and empowerment. How can racism exist in the NFL when the majority of players are black. it is my friend an oxymoron

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-29-2017, 05:55 AM
Email Reported As Spam

The majority of us stand for the national anthem and kneel when we pray. Its called respect, humility and appreciation for the fallen who have given blood and treasure to preserve this Union.

What we are witnessing in the NFL stadiums is narcissistic over paid man-children who show no appreciation to a nation that has provided them an opportunity that they would not have had anywhere else. Many would be walking the streets or employed in menial jobs. some unfortunately in jail.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-30-2017, 06:06 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

If everyone would write their congressman to sponsor a bill to eliminate the tax favoritism for the NFL perhaps we could hit the owners who could stop this where it would hurt them the most. In their wallet. And if they lose that, they wouldn't have as much money to pay these jerks who show no respect for those who died to protect them.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
If everyone would write their congressman to sponsor a bill to eliminate the tax favoritism for the NFL perhaps we could hit the owners who could stop this where it would hurt them the most. In their wallet. And if they lose that, they wouldn't have as much money to pay these jerks who show no respect for those who died to protect them.
I pay attention to any thing you post.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-30-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:03 AM
Sage

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-30-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

There is only one NFL Commissioner. I would write these on occasion along with the baseball, basketball, and other major sports officials. History of the NFL Commissioner - Wikipedia
Old 09-30-2017, 10:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
We finally agree...hope I do not taint your reputation by agreeing.

"deserve
verb US ​ /dɪˈzɜrv/

to have earned something or be given something because of your actions or qualities:
[ T ] These charities deserve your support.
[ + to infinitive ] The American people deserve to know what went wrong.
[ T ] I hope those crooks get what they deserve (= receive a punishment that suits their crime)."

deserve Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary

DWIGHT EISENHOWER (1890-1969)
The qualities of a great man are "vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character."
Old 09-30-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
And right now the government does not deserve it.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPSKIPJUMP View Post
Pass this one on if you agree with the message…
I don’t think this could have been said any better and it definitely is a time someone said it. Hopefully, this will go out over EVERY computer in the U.S. And maybe, just maybe, these sports people will get the message of just how ridiculous they are to disrespect Our flag, and how little what they do in sports compare to what our great military has done for this country.

The NFL protesting the flag –

Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers wrote to the NFL commissioners the following:

Commissioners,
I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium.

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies.

My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes, who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for.

They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special!

They’re not!

My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this!

You fine players for large and small infractions, but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen soldiers to put an immediate stop to this.

Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.

But I wonder, what would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs in public?

I saw a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring…
I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem!

Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting the opposition or the public not allowed; yet taunting America is OK?

You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes, yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air.

They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are.

I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL.

I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines.

I applaud those teams who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads.

· They wear body armor and carry rifles.

· They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families.

· They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday.

· They do it 24/7 often with lead in the air, not footballs, coming in their direction.

· They watch their brothers carted off in pieces. Many don’t have legs or arms, unlike the player on a gurney off to get some ice on his knee or ankle.

America’s heroes wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America.

They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety.

On 9-11, hundreds vanished.

They are the heroes.

I hope that you and your high paid, protesting, pretty boys look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds.

You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Powers originally sent his letter to former Florida Congressman Allen West.
West then posted the Letter to his news website.

As of last week, at least 18 NFL players had protested the anthem by either kneeling during the anthem or Raising their fists, according to USA Today Sports.

If you agree with what he said please pass this on. And remember, it is a great American tradition to stop trading, watching, or participating with fools and clowns who disrespect the flag, the country, or the Constitution.
Well said.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Racism ended with decisions by the Supreme Court and congressional legislation. what we have today's is the politicization of racism by the left for financial gain and empowerment. How can racism exist in the NFL when the majority of players are black. it is my friend an oxymoron

Personal Best Regards:
Amazing.

Racism | Definition of Racism by Merriam-Webster
Quote:

Definition of racism

1 :a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2 a :a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

b :a political or social system founded on racism

3 :racial prejudice or discrimination

You need to rethink your assertion.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:32 AM

Totally agree!

In every job I had over my entire working life, there were guidelines and expectations of behaivor. In not one of those jobs would I have been allowed to advance my own agenda on my employers time.

The NFL players are employees .. nothing more, nothing less, although they seem to think they are a whole lot more.

I too blame the NFL. I'd be saying, "You're on my clock, on my payroll and this is how you will act while that is a statement of fact. You want to do otherwide, don't bother to dress out because you won't be playing!"
Old 10-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Veteran member

Totaly agree> Way overpaid players (employed by NFL) protesting at a game is crazy. The only way the NFL will get the picture is not attending or watching the games so it hurts their pocket book. I think if most of us protested something on our Employers time in front of millions of their paying customer we would be out on the street quickly.
Closed Thread

Tags
flag, nfl, disrespect, marines, wear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.