A Letter to the NFL Commissioners

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2017, 10:02 PM
Default A Letter to the NFL Commissioners

Pass this one on if you agree with the message…
I don’t think this could have been said any better and it definitely is a time someone said it. Hopefully, this will go out over EVERY computer in the U.S. And maybe, just maybe, these sports people will get the message of just how ridiculous they are to disrespect Our flag, and how little what they do in sports compare to what our great military has done for this country.

The NFL protesting the flag –

Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers wrote to the NFL commissioners the following:

Commissioners,
I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium.

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies.

My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes, who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for.

They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special!

They’re not!

My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this!

You fine players for large and small infractions, but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen soldiers to put an immediate stop to this.

Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.

But I wonder, what would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs in public?

I saw a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring…
I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem!

Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting the opposition or the public not allowed; yet taunting America is OK?

You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes, yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air.

They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are.

I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL.

I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines.

I applaud those teams who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads.

· They wear body armor and carry rifles.

· They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families.

· They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday.

· They do it 24/7 often with lead in the air, not footballs, coming in their direction.

· They watch their brothers carted off in pieces. Many don’t have legs or arms, unlike the player on a gurney off to get some ice on his knee or ankle.

America’s heroes wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America.

They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety.

On 9-11, hundreds vanished.

They are the heroes.

I hope that you and your high paid, protesting, pretty boys look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds.

You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Powers originally sent his letter to former Florida Congressman Allen West.
West then posted the Letter to his news website.

As of last week, at least 18 NFL players had protested the anthem by either kneeling during the anthem or Raising their fists, according to USA Today Sports.

If you agree with what he said please pass this on. And remember, it is a great American tradition to stop trading, watching, or participating with fools and clowns who disrespect the flag, the country, or the Constitution.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Great post. **** on the NFL and their "oppressed" thuggy millionaires. NFL = Not For Long
Old 09-28-2017, 05:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

HOPSKIPJUMP, the best post on the most important subject to me that I have ever seen on TOTV'S. Thank you so much.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
HOPSKIPJUMP, the best post on the most important subject to me that I have ever seen on TOTV'S. Thank you so much.
Yes thank you for posting and words of truth.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:10 AM

I couldn’t agree more!
Old 09-28-2017, 08:02 AM

Great post. THANK YOU . I will always STAND for my flag and my country.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:20 AM
Default Fear

I, for one, am tired of the reference of the first amendment as though it were applicable to this situation. As most know, the first amendment only guarantees that the government will not obstruct the freedom of speech. Employees always obstruct speech on the job. Try making a racist remark at work, demean the company you work for, or making sexist remarks, and you'll will be, and should be, out on your duff in a second. The motive behind the owner's acceptance of this behavior is fear; fear of what the athletes may or may not do, if they interfere and believe me, the root of this fear begins way before they play for the NFL. Try suspending a star quarterback on a college football team that is failing to make good grades in academic classes and watch the push-back. We've all see horrific things occur as a result of obsession with protecting star athletes. We start treating them special as kids and wonder why their actions can't be controlled in the workplace like everyone else.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:31 AM
Sage
Default No fans left

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Great post. **** on the NFL and their "oppressed" thuggy millionaires. NFL = Not For Long
NFL = No Fans Left
Old 09-28-2017, 08:43 AM

Amazing how they do not stage anything to bring attention to Chicago where black gangs kill more blacks in a day than police will shoot anyone throughout the nation. They do not stage protests over the NFL recruiting and hiring wife beaters, I could name 50 more things..........Wearing pink does not cure breast cancer and kneeling during anthem does not solve anything either. They should go into communities with their fame and money and do positive things for their cause. Look at what J.J. Watt did by raising money for hurricane relief. THAT is how to do it.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

For those who will throw doubt at the letter:

FACT CHECK: Did a Retired Marine Write an Open Letter to the NFL's Roger Goodell About Kneeling Football Players?

Due to the media control and loyalty there will never be an adequate representation of the counter protest underway.

The constant testing of the whittling away at our core values has to be stopped.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

Love this letter. I hope it gets out there for all those rich scum can see and read it and get taken down a few pegs.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:03 AM

Good post. I wonder how many organizations will be watching football this Sunday at their inexpensive watering holes. ( i.e., VFW, American Legion, K of C, B.P.O.E, and many others) Just wondering.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:00 AM
Gold member
Default I am a great believer in freedom of speach but

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPSKIPJUMP View Post
Pass this one on if you agree with the message…
I don’t think this could have been said any better and it definitely is a time someone said it. Hopefully, this will go out over EVERY computer in the U.S. And maybe, just maybe, these sports people will get the message of just how ridiculous they are to disrespect Our flag, and how little what they do in sports compare to what our great military has done for this country.

Commissioners,
I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium.

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies.

My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes, who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for.

They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special!

They’re not!

You fine players for large and small infractions, but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen soldiers to put an immediate stop to this.

Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.

But I wonder, what would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs in public?

I saw a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring…

Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting the opposition or the public not allowed; yet taunting America is OK?

You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes, yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air.

They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are.

I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines.

· They do it 24/7 often with lead in the air, not footballs, coming in their direction.

· They watch their brothers carted off in pieces. Many don’t have legs or arms, unlike the player on a gurney off to get some ice on his knee or ankle.

America’s heroes wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America.

They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety.

They are the heroes.

I hope that you and your high paid, protesting, pretty boys look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds.

As of last week, at least 18 NFL players had protested the anthem by either kneeling during the anthem or Raising their fists, according to USA Today Sports.

If you agree with what he said please pass this on. And remember, it is a great American tradition to stop trading, watching, or participating with fools and clowns who disrespect the flag, the country, or the Constitution.
There are OR SHOULD BE LIMITS. You cannot yell fire.

in the end it is truly simple. These TURDS are doing this because it gets a reaction and a reaction is what they want.

The FANS actually allow this. Yes, tickets are expensive.

IMAGINE-if the fans after saluting the flag simply left. LEAVING THESE BALL PLAYERS TO PLAY WITH THEMSELVES.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:25 AM
Veteran member
Default NFL etc.

[QUOTE=HOPSKIPJUMP;1454474]Pass this one on if you agree with the message…

Commissioners,

They’re not!

They are the heroes.

** COMMENT **

Hi. Well let me lend some data on this. I was a Tenured Full Professor at two different prominent Universities. Ball players are a bunch of spoiled brats. Some of them never go to class, most of them are cheating and YES, THE FACULTY GIVE THEM THE ANSWERS TO THE EXAMS BEFORE THEY TAKE IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IF THEY SHOW UP.
People do not know how the world bends to cater to these idiots. Check the notation here about the former Marine who lost his buddies, while we cater to these guys who are overpaid, who play ball for a living and make millions and commit crimes and get off. Hey, if you only knew how rotten some of them are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes, not all. So why should a guy get paid millions of dollars for playing ball while he is so disrespectful of his country and his flag and his countrymen who died for him so he can prance around like he means something to humanity???? Fire the bums.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:10 PM
Default Verified

I felt this issue was way too important not to have it verified before I posted it.
If you feel as strong as I do about this issue please send it out to all of your email contacts.
Closed Thread

Tags
flag, nfl, disrespect, marines, wear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.