Life After Death?

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 01-30-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Gold member

I too and reading Proof of Heaven and as a believer find it a great read. Very though provoking. I'm having difficulty...nevermind. Maybe we can get together when we finish the book and discuss it.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Dr. Eben Alexander
Author of "Proof of Heaven"
He will be appearing locally on April 25 to discuss his book. I'll check my calendar and post further details.

Like Cantwaittoarrive, I'm also enjoying my earthly visit. And I'm in no hurry to pass over. But when it's time for me to leave my human suit behind and transition back home, I know it will be a joyful experience.
Thanks Bare, I'll be sure to keep April 25 free.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
"Life after Life" by Dr. Moody was one of the first I read a very long time ago. Thank you for mentioning those books..........

Don't understand the "scoffers"......best to keep an open mind about these things............plus some folks are just more in tune with things spiritual or unseen......

Anyway, how can any of us put a "damper" on someone elses reality?

"FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY.
FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE."
What clear and thoughtful commentary; thanks so much for posting this.

For what it's worth, the best friend of a cousin of mine is a psychic. Her explanation for this is what I emphasized above in part of the quoted comments. This woman has been called on by her local police to do everything from finding a body to locating evidence and has done things like this time and again. She has also served people in her community in matters relevant to her abilities.

She makes one point about her ability to do this that she says is crucial, and that is that it's a gift that she's been given, and it's her responsibility to use that gift to serve others. Consequently, she absolutely and categorically refuses, EVER, to accept any form of payment or gift or do anything (such as a lecture circuit or a book) that would generate personal income for her, stemming from her using her psychic abilities. She feels that it would be simply wrong to "capitalize" on her psychic abilities and does not agree with those who say that there is benefit to sharing what it's all about for her and be somehow paid for doing so. Her view is to simply use the skills to serve others. I mention this without comment other than to explain that this is simply her point of view....
Old 03-26-2013, 06:07 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 01-30-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Veteran member

has anyone on here had a 'near-death' experience? or something like that?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
The woman in the video is an orthopedic surgeon, so I'm surprised, being a woman of science, that she didn't realize that her brain was NOT dead, and also that her body would have been flooded with natural pain killing hormones or endorphins. These hormones act like opiate drugs, so what she likely had was a really nice drug-like dream-state-of-mind.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Sage

I apologize if this has been posted previously.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Eben Alexander is a Neurosurgeon who has written a New York Times best selling book called "Proof of Heaven", a Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife.

Dr. Alexander will be speaking at Harbor Hills Country Club, 6538 Lake Griffin Road, Lady Lake on Thursday April 25, 2013. He will tell his story about his Near Death Experience and there will be an extensive question and answer period.

The two sessions are Thursday, April 25, 2013, from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM. Tickets are $35.00 prior to April 1, and $40.00 after that date. Tickets may be purchased at Mulberry Integrative Medicine, 910 Old Camp Road, LSL, 352-430-2720.

FYI, I just purchased a ticket for the afternoon session and there are only a few tickets left!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:01 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 01-30-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

Dr. Alexander will be speaking at Harbor Hills Country Club, 6538 Lake Griffin Road, Lady Lake on Thursday April 25, 2013. He will tell his story about his Near Death Experience and there will be an extensive question and answer period.

The two sessions are Thursday, April 25, 2013, from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM. Tickets are $35.00 prior to April 1, and $40.00 after that date. Tickets may be purchased at Mulberry Integrative Medicine, 910 Old Camp Road, LSL, 352-430-2720.
Wow, that's darn profitable!!! (And no need to deal with fighting for payments from insurance companies....) More power to Dr. Alexander!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
The woman in the video is an orthopedic surgeon, so I'm surprised, being a woman of science, that she didn't realize that her brain was NOT dead, and also that her body would have been flooded with natural pain killing hormones or endorphins. These hormones act like opiate drugs, so what she likely had was a really nice drug-like dream-state-of-mind.
Best sensible response so far. It is wonderful to have hope and belief in miracles, but you must consider all possibilities based on what we know to be factual and that includes science as well.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

We'll all just have to wait and see...
Old 04-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 01-30-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Veteran member

I have a certain level of skepticism about any claims from anybody related to certain types of personal metaphysical experiences.

But, I do find the topic interesting.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
The woman in the video is an orthopedic surgeon, so I'm surprised, being a woman of science, that she didn't realize that her brain was NOT dead, ....... what she likely had was a really nice drug-like dream-state-of-mind.
Perhaps orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons know more than the general public about what is happening in their brains, being people of science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklesweep View Post
Wow, that's darn profitable!!! More power to Dr. Alexander!
I somehow doubt public speaking is as profitable as neurosurgery!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.