Living Trusts

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2020, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,688 Times in 5,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
I agree the problem may not be the law but the title company's procedures. That is why you need an attorney that knows this area of the law for the state you are in.
I agree. I would not try to make any deed changes without asking an attorney about the legal consequences, especially if I didn't fully understand them.

I am often shocked to find out that a friend or acquaintance owns a legal, financial, insurance, or investment product, and they have no idea what they purchased. I don't buy anything without asking a zillion questions.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:25 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
I agree the problem may not be the law but the title company's procedures. That is why you need an attorney that knows this area of the law for the state you are in.
At times how this type of title issue is handled can vary from county to county or even be unique within a city. I would never dream of changing a title in any manner without consulting an attorney well versed in local practices of this nature.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-03-2020, 07:25 AM

I had a living trust in another state that had to rewritten to comply with Florida laws. Check with your attorney on the best path forward.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacDQ View Post
I had a living trust in another state that had to rewritten to comply with Florida laws. Check with your attorney on the best path forward.

What were the key factors? Other than titling of a home for homestead qualification I can not think of any?
Old 10-03-2020, 11:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,688 Times in 5,234 Posts

Quote:
What were the key factors? Other than titling of a home for homestead qualification I can not think of any?
I wondered the same thing. If you have a competently prepared trust and a good, dependable trustee, the trust should be executable in any state. Hopefully, the State of Florida will have no involvement in executing the terms of the trust. A will is a different matter.
Closed Thread

Tags
living, trusts, florida, michigan, trust

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.