The Longest Day " John Wayne "

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Veteran member
Default The Longest Day " John Wayne "

John Wayne ..a Wanna Be " Audi Murphy " a disgrace the close as he got to a military uniform for John Wayne was in the movies.

A Draft Dodger and a Disgrace. An American Hero....? Not

He played in The Longest Day.....A Colonel a platoon leader ... a knucklehead draft dodger.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I guess I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 06-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
John Wayne ..a Wanna Be " Audi Murphy " a disgrace the close as he got to a military uniform for John Wayne was in the movies.

He played in The Longest Day.....A Colonel a platoon leader ... a knucklehead draft dodger.
John Wayne - Wikipedia

Check his biography. He was too young for WWI and too old for WWII. (check the bio though).

Quote:
America's entry into World War II resulted in a deluge of support for the war effort from all sectors of society, and Hollywood was no exception. Wayne was exempted from service due to his age (34 at the time of Pearl Harbor) and family status (classified as 3-A – family deferment). Wayne repeatedly wrote to John Ford saying he wanted to enlist, on one occasion inquiring whether he could get into Ford's military unit, but consistently kept postponing it until after "he finished just one or two pictures".[4]:212 Wayne did not attempt to prevent his reclassification as 1-A (draft eligible), but Republic Studios was emphatically resistant to losing him since he was their only A-list actor under contract. Herbert J. Yates, President of Republic, threatened Wayne with a lawsuit if he walked away from his contract,[4]:220 and Republic Pictures intervened in the Selective Service process, requesting Wayne's further deferment.[4]:213

File:Angel and the Badman 1947 John Wayne.ogv
Wayne (right) acting in a short clip from Angel and the Badman (1947) (click to play)
U.S. National Archives records indicate that Wayne, in fact, did make an application[36] to serve in the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), precursor to the modern CIA, and had been accepted within the U.S. Army's allotted billet to the OSS. William J. Donovan, OSS Commander, wrote Wayne a letter informing him of his acceptance into the Field Photographic Unit, but the letter went to his estranged wife Josephine's home. She never told him about it. Donovan also issued an OSS Certificate of Service to Wayne.[37]

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-07-2019 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:48 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

T 725, Thanks for facts!!!!
Old 06-07-2019, 10:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post

Don't knock the Duke!
Old 06-08-2019, 08:26 AM
Angry Who Cares Now ????

Who in their right mind gives a hoot now. The man gave us great entertainment. He is deceased so bringing up such a topic now is just "WRONG."
I for one don't give a rats butt. He was a great actor and I enjoyed his movies.

Let the man R.I.P.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:32 AM
Sage

John Wayne - Movies, Children & Death - Biography

Enjoyed a lot of his movies-- The Cowboys, Rooster Cogburn, True Grit, The Searchers, The Shootist, Stagecoach and many others.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

While you're add it, why didn't you expose his real name, Marion Morrison. Carry Grant real name is Archibald Leach. A lot of Hollywood actors are fake, you can say the same thing today about Matt Damon, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, they all play soldiers, spys, tough guys, and in real life they're wouldn't be associated with the type. The only one I know who did something is Adam Driver. He enlisted in the Marines right after 9/11 and became a motar man but was medically discharged just under 3 years because of a mountain bike accident. At least he tried, I see him all the time now, he was in Star Wars and just watched Black Klansman on HBO, it's actually a decent movie and he's one of the main characters. Although I don't agree with the director Spike Lee adding some current day scenes about a story from the 70's.

The Villages Florida
Old 06-08-2019, 01:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
While you're add it, why didn't you expose his real name, Marion Morrison. Carry Grant real name is Archibald Leach. A lot of Hollywood actors are fake, you can say the same thing today about Matt Damon, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, they all play soldiers, spys, tough guys, and in real life they're wouldn't be associated with the type. The only one I know who did something is Adam Driver. He enlisted in the Marines right after 9/11 and became a motar man but was medically discharged just under 3 years because of a mountain bike accident. At least he tried, I see him all the time now, he was in Star Wars and just watched Black Klansman on HBO, it's actually a decent movie and he's one of the main characters. Although I don't agree with the director Spike Lee adding some current day scenes about a story from the 70's.

The Villages Florida
Pat Sajak - Wikipedia

You can really never tell who might or might not have been in the US or any other military as far as Hollywood is concerned.

Mel Brooks - Wikipedia
Old 06-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

John Wayne and his last wife, Pilar, were nearby neighbors of two of my closest friends in the Back Bay Area of Newport Beach, CA. He was very popular with everyone, always having a friendly greeting for whoever he ran into around town. I love the fact the Orange County airport, one of the nicest in the country, is named for John Wayne and contains a huge statue of him. Santa Ana, CA - John Wayne Statue #2

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-08-2019, 10:10 PM

Really?? where do you get your info?
Old 06-08-2019, 10:13 PM

Thanks for the input. I can't believe the original post. Don't know where his info came from.
Closed Thread

Tags
wayne, john, dodger, draft, disgrace

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.