Internet posts last a long time

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Sage
Smile Internet posts last a long time

I was googling my e-mail address the other day just because I had nothing to do at the moment. I was surprised that a something I posted back in 1999 came up. It was a post about my windows fogging up on my brand new 1999 Saturn. I was shocked. It was a blast from the past. You really do have to watch what you put on forums like your phone number, contact info and anything you don't want to come back at you 15 years later.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I was googling my e-mail address the other day just because I had nothing to do at the moment. I was surprised that a something I posted back in 1999 came up. It was a post about my windows fogging up on my brand new 1999 Saturn. I was shocked. It was a blast from the past. You really do have to watch what you put on forums like your phone number, contact info and anything you don't want to come back at you 15 years later.
Wow! Very interesting. I'll have to try googling my e'mail address too.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Gold member

Good reason to make sure what you are reading on the internet is current, could be a business that has folded, etc. Or a medical solution that has been found ineffective. Check dates if you can.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Sage
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Wow! Very interesting. I'll have to try googling my e'mail address too.
I just tried it and all I got was a lot of miscellaneous information.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
What you post on the internet will out live you and your grandchildren's children.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Sage

I find it very creepy when shopping on the internet, that other stores will send me an e-mail saying, thay found what I was looking for.

Really!!!!

As always, one needs to be careful.

I got a call the other day from somone who didn't identify themselves but wanted to talk about my PC. My reponse was,

"CLICK".

The best one is when a telemarketer gets thru, and when I respond, "I don't want their services, they start arguing with me".

DUH!!!! "CLICK' again.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

I used to comment on Web store sites etc re purchase of items/quality etc after receipt. When I saw what the OP is referring to re the Internet -I stopped doing just that a couple years ago. I really did want to provide my feedback to potential buyers of items I tried, but no more.

Geez - look at this... I am NOW doing the thing I said I stopped years ago. #%@$!
Old 05-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

When I did a search on my email, the first hit had "sky, 79, passed away peacefully. November 14, 2009, at home" in the description. Wish I had known sooner. There have been a few people I would have loved to have haunted since then!
The Villages Florida
Also, I found that the personal website I originally built on Road Runner in 1996 is still existed intact even though I haven't had that account for a number of years now!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
When I did a search on my email, the first hit had "sky, 79, passed away peacefully. November 14, 2009, at home" in the description. Wish I had known sooner. There have been a few people I would have loved to have haunted since then!
The Villages Florida
Also, I found that the personal website I originally built on Road Runner in 1996 is still existed intact even though I haven't had that account for a number of years now!
The reports of your demise were greatly exaggerated! (Sorry, not a totally correct quote.)

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.