Loving and Living Together

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
We are two things. We are called lucky...I have 51 years of marriage and gets better each day.

Second thing we are called is old fashioned....I am not sure what the OP was driving at here.....I cannot imagine anyone opposed to love.....I cannot imagine anyone opposed to marriage (if possible). If the OP is looking to see if anyone will condemn those who, for one reason or another, live together....he won't find any for sure either.
Bucco: I am heading for my 52nd this summer. In my earlier post I stated she would be my last love. I made that statement because in my view she is the only woman I said Ï love you, to". To remarry, etc in my minds eye is betrayal of that statement and to do otherwise means my life has been a lie
and I have always been honest with myself and with others. I am a naturalist, a purist, a loyalist and a bit of a romantic but I always default to being balanced.

Your posts tell me you and I think a lot alike about many issues and I for one appreciate the company because all around me all I am seeing and hearing lately are absurdities
Old 03-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Isn't marriage just a legal thing?

Commitment comes in many forms...

Just an opinion
Old 03-06-2014, 12:06 PM

Totally agree, heading to #47 this year. Hubby has been the light of my life since we were teenagers. Hard work and commitment make it work and as our girls say, look easy.

Having said that we know older couples where marriage would cause a financial hardship due to loss of pension of spouse, etc. so on that I am live and let live, we all have to decide on and live with the decisions we make in this life.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Isn't marriage just a legal thing?

Commitment comes in many forms...

Just an opinion
Hi memason: I do understand your rationale. However, at first blush yes but think about the fine line between commitment and commitment by marriage. To me its the difference between a fair weather golfer and a dedicated lover of the sport.

And that legal thing has certainly created an uproar all over the world by the gay community

Personal Best Regard:
Old 03-06-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
At our ages, I care about who loves whom (is that right???) and how they can make that happen with the least amount of complication.

I said to my 20-year-olds, I hope you get married and not just live with someone. I would say to my 65+-year-old friends, I hope you find love, companionship, and happiness in the most financially feasible way possible. If that means you can't get married, so be it.
BINGO! Exactly how I feel. When you are young and want a family - I think marriage is an important bond.

For people who have been through and lived that, now marriage is not that important to me. It's the loving bond that counts. Also sometimes financially it's better not to be married.

Visited The Villages in Oct., '09
Working on making it permanent.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi memason: I do understand your rationale. However, at first blush yes but think about the fine line between commitment and commitment by marriage. To me its the difference between a fair weather golfer and a dedicated lover of the sport.

And that legal thing has certainly created an uproar all over the world by the gay community

Personal Best Regard:
I do not understand your second paragraph. Shouldn't gay and lesbian couples have the same protection under the law as straight couples, i.e. legal marriage?

It does stray from the intent of the post but I know there are such couples in The Villages.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.