Mal-Practice attorney.

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2021, 02:19 PM
Veteran member
Default Mal-Practice attorney.

I think I have a rather good mal-practice case regarding a local Dr. and my wife Anyone here used any attorneys who you would recommend Thanks in advance. I know not all personal injury attorneys will handle mal-practice. I'm not after money just the principle of a total mis-diagnosis resulting in further extensive complications.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:13 PM
Bikeracer2009

You'll need an attorney that can pay an expert witness and the first step is mediation. Will cost about 10k for a written opinion on your claim. I've texted my attorney to see if he's interested. Will let you know.

You have 2 years to file a lawsuit. Finding your own expert first would make your case more appealing.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
I think I have a rather good mal-practice case regarding a local Dr. and my wife Anyone here used any attorneys who you would recommend Thanks in advance. I know not all personal injury attorneys will handle mal-practice. I'm not after money just the principle of a total mis-diagnosis resulting in further extensive complications.
If you're not interested in money then you don't need a malpractice attorney as the attorney's role is to get financial compensation for the tort. If your interest is in having the poor medical care lead to some kind of sanction you should be filing a complaint with the state medical board.
Florida Board of
Medicine >> How can I file a complaint against a licensee?- Healthcare Practitioner Licensing and Regulation

If this involves care provided in a hospital then you may also file a grievance with the hospital. The process would vary depending on the hospital. Calling the hospital and asking to speak to a patient ombudsman should get you going in the correct direction.

Lastly, and often not understood.. a mistaken diagnosis is not a medical error if the mistake was reasonable and the evaluation was reasonable. What would a reasonable doctor have done at the time the patient presented? Hindsight is always 20/20 Putting your life savings into Tesla the day the stock became available would have been both wrong, and right.
Closed Thread

Tags
mal-practice, attorneys, personal, injury, handle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.