Man with bomb strapped to him arrested near Times Square.

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2017, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Man with bomb strapped to him arrested near Times Square.

Explosion in subway tunnel near Port Authority.

Granddaughter just moved to Manhattan.

Not likin' this at all.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts
Angry

Port Authority bus terminal explosion: New York Police Department confirms a bomb exploded near Times Square - live updates - CBS News

Here is a link for this developing story.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Gold member

Here is a video of the guy blowing himself up. Report on NBC a few minutes ago said four bystanders injured, none seriously. Allah Akbar indeed.

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/m...2646757218.mp4
Old 12-11-2017, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

My cousin's husband was a teacher at Columbine...when that heinous act was committed.

A guy that worked for me, lost a relative in the church shooting in Charleston.

Neither of those unspeakable acts of course, were perpetrated by those who like to lump a certain religious demographic...as all being extremists.

Facts, not emotions...matter.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
My cousin's husband was a teacher at Columbine...when that heinous act was committed.

Neither of those unspeakable acts of course, were perpetrated by those who like to lump a certain religious demographic...as all being extremists.

I don't think anyone mentioned it except one and he didn't belabor it.

However now that you did........ I am for tight controls on immigration.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:

There are many motivations behind terrorist attacks over the years since they started being used quite a bit for some agenda.

This man just looks like another one polluted by a radical fringe of a religious group.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

You mean since your distant relatives already immigrated here and you're only primarily against one religion immigrating...correct?

I'm pretty sure after the Native Americans saw what happened to them...they would now feel the same way about 'Christian immigrants.'

The positive side (if there is one from dying), is that the overwhelming vast majority of Americans will die of heart problems, obesity, car crashes, firearm accidents, etc....instead of from religious extremist terrorism.

That's why facts, not emotions manifested from fear tactics....matter.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I totally agree, and the USA welcomes more immigrants
than just about any other country, but it’s just common sense
to document and know who enters our country!
Old 12-11-2017, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post

I totally agree, and the USA welcomes more immigrants
than just about any other country, but it’s just common sense
to document and know who enters our country!
Are there facts about this perpetrator yet? The 9/11 terrorists looked like they fit in very well with immigrants that are commonly let into the US.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-11-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I think I might be hearing things because I thought that I heard Mayor de Blasio say that New York City is the safest place on earth and that they proved it on 9/11.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Are there facts about this perpetrator yet. The 9/11 terrorists looked like they fit in very well with immigrants that are commonly let into the US.
Do you think documenting and doing background
checks on ALL immigrants is unreasonable?
Old 12-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Do you think documenting and doing background
checks on ALL immigrants is unreasonable?
Where possible to get accurate info...I'm all for it.

The questions being, how do we ensure accurate background info...and starting from when?

Maybe taking a look at those who immigrated from Germany at the turn of the century and since, to ensure that they weren't either Nazi sympathizers....or even involved with the atrocities committed during WWI and WWII?

Or how about those immigrants and their ancestors prior to the Civil War, to root out those traitors who tried to break up the United States of America?

That's one heck of a can of worms to open up.

Then of course, how about we question why the country that supplied most of the perpetrators of 9/11...are not on the immigrant ban?

Oh so many questions.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
You mean since your distant relatives already immigrated here and you're only primarily against one religion immigrating...correct?

I'm pretty sure after the Native Americans saw what happened to them...they would now feel the same way about 'Christian immigrants.'

The positive side (if there is one from dying), is that the overwhelming vast majority of Americans will die of heart problems, obesity, car crashes, firearm accidents, etc....instead of from religious extremist terrorism.

That's why facts, not emotions manifested from fear tactics....matter.
When the pilgrims first came to this land, there was no country here. There were simply tribal peoples. The land wasn't considered to be "owned" by anyone or considered to be part of any country.
So making a comparison to the first European people to come here and illegal immigrants is ludicrous.

A country has since been formed and as a country, we have laws that determine who may enter. This is not different from any other sovereign country on earth.

No one is against any people of any religion immigrating here. Most of the terrorists that have attacked us, (it's probably a good idea to remember that we were attacked and continue to be attacked) came from Muslim majority countries. If they had come and continued to come from Ireland, it would be prudent to look more closely at people trying to immigrate from Ireland.

There is absolutely no rational argument that can be made against looking closely at who immigrates to this country and knowing who and where non-U.S. citizens are in this county.

No one is implying that all Muslims are terrorists. But no one can deny that the vast majority of terrorists who have been attacking us over the past 16 years have been Muslims. These people believe in an extremist form of Islam with which most Muslims disagree. Those Muslims want to kill as many U.S. citizens that they can and want to destroy our country and turn the entire world into a theocracy based on their religious belief. According to some on the left, we should ignore this threat and pretend that it does not exist because it might appear that we are discriminating on the basis of race or religion. That's utter nonsense.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Where possible to get accurate info...I'm all for it.

The questions being, how do we ensure accurate background info...and starting from when?

Maybe taking a look at those who immigrated from Germany at the turn of the century and since, to ensure that they weren't either Nazi sympathizers....or even involved with the atrocities committed during WWI and WWII?

Or how about those immigrants and their ancestors prior to the Civil War, to root out those traitors who tried to break up the United States of America?

That's one heck of a can of worms to open up.

Then of course, how about we question why the country that supplied most of the perpetrators of 9/11...are not on the immigrant ban?

Oh so many questions.
I believe our immigration laws are for the most part adequate,
but I believe the enforcement of the laws has been corrupted by politics and special interests!

But this thread is about a religious extremist who failed in his attempt to do harm to many Americans!
That has been stated as a fact by NY authorities!
Old 12-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Location: Village of Hillsborough. (Past) Gilbertsvile, PA and Philadelphia, PA

What is this world coming to. Our daughter spent the weekend in Manhattan, had an awesome time dining, going to show, ice skating etc. Thank God she arrived home safely last night

Tags
manhattan, moved, authority, granddaughter, likin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.