Many people I know think that Gary Senise should have been Time's Person of the Year.

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2019, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There are those who think that if they line up this and that link it will change the mind of the reader..

We all have different abilities and lack of them as humans. Some minimize the strong abilities some have that can see right though people.

You cannot put lipstick on a pig and marry them off.

You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

And you cannot change a person who was born mad.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:21 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Maybe she began the thread for the same reason you responded. Her intent was to bash a person she felt was undeserving of such an award. You seem intent on bashing her posts for the same reason, you felt her posts were undeserving. This doesn't make one more right than the other.

Every person has an opinion and hers and many others who have expressed their opinion have disagreed with Time's selection. It doesn't matter how big a magazine is in the world, size doesn't make it right or wrong. Fox has more viewers in the cable news market, does that make them more right. Of course not, and since Time is going the way of print, it's a dying media and needed a boost in ratings. Rather than take the high road they chose a controversial subject.
Recommend you read the entire thread again. You have it wrong in my opinion. I have been following this thread and see the original post as an insult to TIME for picking an unworthy child for the honor. I also see this young girl as a hero and very deserving of person of the year.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Now do you see why the political forum is gone. PS the moderator just arrived.
Closed Thread

Tags
year, good, person, find, admirable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.