Marine Dad Banned From School After Complaining About Islam Assignment

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Veteran member

Perhaps I am just old, but I recall vividly as a young child the animosity toward anyone who was Japanese. I had an uncle who actually scared me with his attitude about Japanese people.....he had first hand witnessed many deaths UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND could be likened to the current beheadings. Very vicious.

I do not know the Marines service history...I am not excusing it....just pointing out that in our history, this attitude is not unique !
Old 10-31-2014, 12:12 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Part II

There are 1.5 billion Muslims i the world and the powers to be have shackled them to dogmatic traditions such as sectarianism, tribalism, chauvinism and theocracy.

This has resulted in human rights violations upon woman, minorities and all other religions. For example Saudi Arabia religious police prevented girls from escaping a burning school in Mecca (circa 2002) because their head scarves were not completely covering their head. All 15 died as a result. Educators should stick to writing reading and arithmetic but they won't because they have been brain washed and now they continue the pattern
Old 10-31-2014, 12:28 PM
Eternal Member

The former Marine was put on an order of no trespass because he threatened to "bring down a xxxxstorm like never seen before" at LaPlata High School.

It makes no difference whatsoever what topic was being studied.

Would any poster here feel their child was safe at that school with that threat being given to the superintendent? I hope not!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie11 View Post
You seem to think you have all the answers but as of yet not one human can get a drop of the sun to analyze it! We have computers and they make man think they are someone more than a cricket! Man can do nothing without GOD! All we do with these computers is go round and round the earth!
I am sorry. I may have made you angry. I do not have all the answers. I admire those who seek far and wide to find answers to the unknown. You believe all the answers can be found in one old book. I don't accept that limitation on the search for wisdom. I do think I am more than a cricket. I thought your book said the same, something about dominion over them. And I think the earth circled on its axis and revolved around the sun for many billion years (maybe except that one day when Joshua made the sun stop) We are never going to agree on the truthiness of religion. We can agree on the golden rule, on the values of honesty and sacrifice for community and family. Is that enough for you? If I am wrong and am to spend eternity in hellfire for being a good person who denied God his obeisance then I am sure I will find myself in the company of many fine people. I love my children whether they love me back or not. I would hope a God worth worshipping would outdo me in that regard.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Eternal Member

Once again, the story is not about the subject being taught at LaPlata High School. The story is about a former soldier (the article never said what he does now for a job) who threatened to bring down a "xxxxstorm on that school like has never been seen before".

Would you want your grandchildren at that school when he shows up for that xxxxstorm?
Old 11-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Once again, the story is not about the subject being taught at LaPlata High School. The story is about a former soldier (the article never said what he does now for a job) who threatened to bring down a "xxxxstorm on that school like has never been seen before".

Would you want your grandchildren at that school when he shows up for that xxxxstorm?
Actually, that's backwards. The real point of the story is all about the "normalization" of Islam in our schools. That is a major problem that we ignore to our collective peril, and I'm pondering opening a separate thread on that.

I agree however, that the Marine was wrong ... he lost it.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Think about who is reporting this story and why? Are they being objective? Have they tilted the story one way? Do they report the content of the study the school is conducting about Islam?

This issue and others pertaining to schools make me a supporter of school choice
Old 11-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post

Not for a moment do I believe that he was threatening any of the kids or the school, just the absolute idiocy of the administrators. He was ****ed. Not enough parents pay sufficient attention to what their kids are and are not being taught. He did and he was as mad as hell. If he was going to get violent, he would have done so swiftly.

There is no way that Islam should be represented as a legitimate religion and one of peace until mainstream Muslims become extremely vocal about the radicals. Someone needs to draw a line and keep drawing it day after day. The radicals need to be marginalized.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Sage

I feel sorry for all concerned. I am a retired teacher. I think it is a fair assignment but if I were the teacher I would have changed the assignment because her student's father was a brave Marine who lost some friends and was upset. The curious students in the class who want to learn about Islam will do it on their own.

Letting Fox get involved makes money for Fox one way or the other.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
There is no way that Islam should be represented as a legitimate religion and one of peace until mainstream Muslims become extremely vocal about the radicals. Someone needs to draw a line and keep drawing it day after day. The radicals need to be marginalized.
That is an excellent point Indy ... spot on. The radicals do indeed need to be marginalized, or they will take the entire religion over given enough time and brutality.

The question you raise about the "mainstream Muslims" is ... why have they not spoken up?? There's only two answers I can hypothesize ... either a) they are afraid too ... ie might cost them their head, or b) deep down, they agree with the thrust of making Islam and Sharia world-wide. I really don't know which it is, but neither answer is satisfactory.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I am sorry. I may have made you angry. I do not have all the answers. I admire those who seek far and wide to find answers to the unknown. You believe all the answers can be found in one old book. I don't accept that limitation on the search for wisdom. I do think I am more than a cricket. I thought your book said the same, something about dominion over them. And I think the earth circled on its axis and revolved around the sun for many billion years (maybe except that one day when Joshua made the sun stop) We are never going to agree on the truthiness of religion. We can agree on the golden rule, on the values of honesty and sacrifice for community and family. Is that enough for you? If I am wrong and am to spend eternity in hellfire for being a good person who denied God his obeisance then I am sure I will find myself in the company of many fine people. I love my children whether they love me back or not. I would hope a God worth worshipping would outdo me in that regard.

This is kind and fair. Not all of us are engineered to be scientists and our abilities to conceptualize many things are very different. We cannot always make another understand the things we think we know and we are forced to take others the way they are, hoping they will do the same and accept us.. That is why I like some of the old wisdom, the tradition passed down from generation to another.

It probably will not be important for most of us for the rest of our lives whether we think of ourselves as all primates, and somehow related; the fuzzy ones and the unfuzzy ones.

When I went to school, all I remember about Muslim people is that they were called Moors and were responsible for the arch and had to be tortured by the Spanish to find out stuff.

I wish that there would be a way to teach differences in philosophy and religion fairly in public school, but most of us don't want our children to be taught that another way is the "right" way. I know I didn't. I would handle that myself...but as a result, we really DON'T know much about other peoples religious beliefs and other peoples lack of religious beliefs.

We cannot, should not, will not be all alike. But we can work to be accepting of each other.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This is kind and fair. Not all of us are engineered to be scientists and our abilities to conceptualize many things are very different. We cannot always make another understand the things we think we know and we are forced to take others the way they are, hoping they will do the same and accept us.. That is why I like some of the old wisdom, the tradition passed down from generation to another.

It probably will not be important for most of us for the rest of our lives whether we think of ourselves as all primates, and somehow related; the fuzzy ones and the unfuzzy ones.

When I went to school, all I remember about Muslim people is that they were called Moors and were responsible for the arch and had to be tortured by the Spanish to find out stuff.

I wish that there would be a way to teach differences in philosophy and religion fairly in public school, but most of us don't want our children to be taught that another way is the "right" way. I know I didn't. I would handle that myself...but as a result, we really DON'T know much about other peoples religious beliefs and other peoples lack of religious beliefs.

We cannot, should not, will not be all alike. But we can work to be accepting of each other.
I keep going back in time on this. This Marine saw good friends and buddies killed by Muslims. He returned home and watched more die.

I mentioned earlier...my uncle who witnessed first hand....brutal slayings by Japanese of his very good friends and frankly had he heard about anything being taught about Japan, he would have been front and center at the school.

Thus I cut this guy a break....my uncle would give anyone the shirt of his back but could not forget what he witnessed during the war with Japanese.

Today, with this doggone internet, we get information about situations like this so instantly and then with our current culture, we all jump on board to take a side and get it spread everywhere.

I do not read too much into this...I do not understand the pontificating as if this isolated incident was going to change the world.

I do not throw stones JUST to throw stones and this strikes me as something that should be left to die. There is no great moral lesson to be learned. There is no impact on anyone except those right on the scene.

The situation with Muslims will work out, one way or another. Hating anyone just because strikes me as a total waste of time. We are not charged with making policy, so lets just let folks live their lives....make mistakes..do good things....you know, LIFE. Our war is with RADICAL MUSLIMS. Some, with agendas seem to want to make this something it is not.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
I keep going back in time on this. This Marine saw good friends and buddies killed by Muslims. He returned home and watched more die.

I mentioned earlier...my uncle who witnessed first hand....brutal slayings by Japanese of his very good friends and frankly had he heard about anything being taught about Japan, he would have been front and center at the school.

Thus I cut this guy a break....my uncle would give anyone the shirt of his back but could not forget what he witnessed during the war with Japanese.

Today, with this doggone internet, we get information about situations like this so instantly and then with our current culture, we all jump on board to take a side and get it spread everywhere.

I do not read too much into this...I do not understand the pontificating as if this isolated incident was going to change the world.

I do not throw stones JUST to throw stones and this strikes me as something that should be left to die. There is no great moral lesson to be learned. There is no impact on anyone except those right on the scene.

The situation with Muslims will work out, one way or another. Hating anyone just because strikes me as a total waste of time. We are not charged with making policy, so lets just let folks live their lives....make mistakes..do good things....you know, LIFE. Our war is with RADICAL MUSLIMS. Some, with agendas seem to want to make this something it is not.
Wow! I totally agree with you!!!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 11-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Eternal Member

"I keep going back in time on this. This Marine saw good friends and buddies killed by Muslims. He returned home and watched more die.

Thus I cut this guy a break.

I do not read too much into this...I do not understand the pontificating as if this isolated incident was going to change the world.'

I did a little cutting but did not change the timbre of the post here.

The ex-soldier father did see friends and buddies die at the hands of Muslims. True. However cutting the guy a break, to me, is not in the cards. He did not like his daughter being taught about Islam. So he goes to the school superintendent and threatens to bring down a "xxxxstorm upon the school." Sure sounds as though he has severe emotional issues. To most reasonable people (a standard of law), this sounds like he is going to do some horrendous act of violence at the school.

This very well could have been the next Sandy Hook School incident in which a crazed (bring down a xxxxstorm upon the school sure sounds crazed) person kills schoolkids. IF that would have happened - people would be saying things like the school knew about this man and yet did nothing to protect the kids.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
... We cannot, should not, will not be all alike. But we can work to be accepting of each other.

This sentence says it all for me. That is my two cents.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.