Markets of Marion

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Markets of Marion

Um, Chuck why would I want to go 301 to 466? I live by 441! rofl

I may not have a sense of direction, but I don't get lost. Give me a landmark and I'll find my way.

l2 -- There are some very good bridge groups here. There are also some truly awful ones. Some think the KISS system is too complicated it seems. Others want to play Shenken (ewwwww). It seems most of the dupe ones want you to come with a partner. So, give a shout out and we'll see what we can scrounge up together.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Platinum member

My family goes through grated cheese (Pecorino Romano) pretty quickly. There's a woman who sells all types of cheese at the flea market. I think she charges $7 lb for the Pecorino Romano which is $11 or $12 per lb in Publix. Like everything else, if you know prices and more importantly, have a need, then it's worth the trip. My brother in law and I have also bought hand tools, and a bench vice there. They even sell puppies.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Eternal Member

It is only open on Friday during the winter/snowbird season.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:40 PM

I have been to the Markets of Marion several times and I am always amazed by the number of puppies and kittens they sell. The prices are outrageous; I would rather adopt from a shelter, but I often wonder if the animals are healthy and well taken care of by their breeders. They sure are adorable!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Sage

MSNPA,

The purebred puppies at Mkts of Marion are outrageously priced. How does anyone know if these pups are healthy or what kind of breeding the owners did. I would never pay those prices at a flea mkt for a dog. However I am always on the lookout for animals at flea mkts that are not healthy looking. I must say that up to this point, the ones at Marion do seem well cared for, however I have turned in a bird breeder at this flea mkt for lack of water and clean cages. Also turned one in(bird breeder) at Renningers. Im not sure how much good it did to report them to Agriculture and Markets as they are still there selling. Conditions do seem a bit better at both places.

I imagine these breeders got a slap on the hand and will back to their old ways eventually. It really infuriates me to see this. These money hungry breeders (not all) care very little for the animals, it is all a big money making business for them. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! >

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If you want to kill an afternoon and have some fun , go the Marion Market......Everybody does , and FLEA MARKET is not an accurate description . 95% of items there are new stuff , not used........so be sure you check it out....Its great fun ...
Fumar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.