Casey Guilty or Not?

View Poll Results: Is Casey Anthony Guilty or Not? On the top count.
Guilty 90 81.08%
Not Guilty 17 15.32%
Not Sure 4 3.60%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Veteran member
Default Casey Guilty or Not?

Is Casey Anthony guilty or not?
Old 07-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Gold member

I don't think that Casey ment to kill her child. I think that she got careless with the chloraform and it was not 1st degree murder but mansalughter. But on the other hand she should get the max sentence.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Platinum member

As I Understand it, even if she got careless with the chloraform it is still 1st degree murder in the state of Florida.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
As I Understand it, even if she got careless with the chloraform it is still 1st degree murder in the state of Florida.
Florida Statute 782.04 defines First Degree Murder as a killing that is "perpetrated from a premeditated design to effect the death of the person killed or any human being." The Florida Criminal Jury Instructions explains that a defendant is not guilty of First Degree Murder unless the State of Florida proves beyond a reasonable doubt that the killing was a premeditated murder, a "killing after consciously deciding to do so."

Based on this, I will have to disagree...
Old 07-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Sage

I wonder if the people who voted "not guilty" in this poll meant she's not guilty of any of the charges, including all four counts of perjury.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Veteran member

Once this trial is over, it still won't be over. There will be movies, bookings for TV interviews, etc. What a circus! Yeah, I think she's guilty, but not 1st degree. She wanted freedom from Caylee. Now she'll have freedom in jail. The whole thing is sad.

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 07-04-2011, 08:29 PM

If you think she'll have freedom in prison you need to take a closer look at the corrections system. She will be a target, period, you can fill in the remainder.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

In Florida it is first degree murder, as a felony murder, even if the death was not premeditated, if it occurred as a result of an act of aggravated child abuse.

I think she would not be safe in public; and in prison she will probably have to be kept in a restricted area for her safety from other prisoners; either way, not much of a life.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Difference

I think there is a difference between being innocent and not guilty. If the jury votes "not guilty" that does not mean she is innocent. It means there was not enought proof to prove she was "guilty".
I personally don't believe the State proved she is guilty as they never could prove cause of death. And in fact they could not prove who killed her, where she was killed, when she was killed, etc.
I am not saying she is innocent as there was not enough proof to prove that but she is "not guilty" as there was also not enough proof of this.
I really did not like the Judge and could not understand why so many thought he was good. I firmly believe that because of his judicial actions that if she is convicted there is an abundance of errors that would support a mis trial if it ends up as an appeal and it will for sure if there is a guilty verdict.
In any significat trial the defense does what is known as creating a bag for the appeal. They put in the bag (figure of speach) all the possible errors to support an appeal. In this case there is a pretty full bag.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I think there is a difference between being innocent and not guilty. If the jury votes "not guilty" that does not mean she is innocent. It means there was not enought proof to prove she was "guilty".
I personally don't believe the State proved she is guilty as they never could prove cause of death. And in fact they could not prove who killed her, where she was killed, when she was killed, etc.
I am not saying she is innocent as there was not enough proof to prove that but she is "not guilty" as there was also not enough proof of this.
I really did not like the Judge and could not understand why so many thought he was good. I firmly believe that because of his judicial actions that if she is convicted there is an abundance of errors that would support a mis trial if it ends up as an appeal and it will for sure if there is a guilty verdict.
In any significat trial the defense does what is known as creating a bag for the appeal. They put in the bag (figure of speach) all the possible errors to support an appeal. In this case there is a pretty full bag.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
In Florida it is first degree murder, as a felony murder, even if the death was not premeditated, if it occurred as a result of an act of aggravated child abuse.

I think she would not be safe in public; and in prison she will probably have to be kept in a restricted area for her safety from other prisoners; either way, not much of a life.

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 07-05-2011, 08:26 AM

I would like to know who made the rule that the state of Florda and it's tax payers pick up the tab for this trial???
Old 07-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Default Madame Defarge???

Off with her head. Or are you in the colosseum playing emperor and doing the "thumb" thingee?

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 07-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Sage

This is my first post on this matter and I haven't followed this trial except for the comments made on this forum.

I sure hope that she will not get off because all the dots cannot be connected.

I sure hope that justice will be served for poor little Caylee.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Sage

I sure hope that Casey doesn't walk out of there a free woman. I'm unsure about premeditated murder, but I definitely think she is guilty of felony murder and aggravated child abuse. Casey has already admitted to lying to police officers, so she will be guilty of those charges for sure. (But perhaps her penalty will be time served).

Unlike PennBF, I thought the Judge did a stellar job. Slow, careful and methodical, and nobody's fool.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.