Markets of Marion

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Veteran member

Sunglass Alley for sure...and the produce alley. Produce is good and much cheaper than the grocery stores! You would have to try it to form your own opinion. One person's bargain might be another's "junk" (just like in garage saleing)
Old 06-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Sage

The art framing shop is good - we got a price on framing from Jo-Anne Fabrics during one of their "60% off sales" and got a better price (with more matting) at Marion Market.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
The art framing shop is good - we got a price on framing from Jo-Anne Fabrics during one of their "60% off sales" and got a better price (with more matting) at Marion Market.
Agree with that!! I have bought some of the art there and had it framed and have bought some pictures I wanted framed to them for framing. Good job and cheap.

We have gone through the Markets of Marion from end to end. When we want certain items it is well worth the visit. Books, kitchen odds and ends, tools and parts (drill bits, etc), hats, etc. I found a couple DVDs that I could not find anywhere else. We found some of the produce to be cheaper and as good as the local stores. If you do any canning they have decent cukes and tomatoes.

All farmer markets are the same - some good stuff and a lot of junk. You need to do a walk through to see what they have and determine which stalls are worth the money.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
I went to the Wildwood Growers MKT this Sat and although it is very small and limited to Saturday morning, the prices are better and so is the produce. That does not even take into account the savings on gasoline. I did get a Mah Jongg set there at a fairly good price, however. PS They advertise right above the messages on TOTV,
Have to agree with this post too! We've gone there for produce, flowers AND shrubs! Great prices and not the crowds neither. Markets of Marion though, is fun once in awhile for an outing!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Veteran member
Default FLEA MKT and Antiques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I may visit the Markets of Marion when I'm in TV in July. Checked out their web site -- looks pretty good, but I would like some opinions from those that have actually been there. I've been to a few nice flea markets -- one near Orlando was very nice, and then I've been to a couple of flea markets in rural Illinois where the merchandise should probably be hauled away on trash day. Any feedback is appreciated. I will be renting in Chatham -- is that about a 15 minute car ride to the Markets of Marion?
IF you like Flea Mkt and Antiques . CHECK RENNINGERS (117 acres) at 20651 US HWY 441 in Mount Dora FL 32757. 26 miles south of Villages. Sat and Sun 9 to 4 is Farm and Flea Market..(at the top of the hill) 352-383-3141 ......AND.....Sat and Sun 9 to 5 is Antiques Mkt (at the bottom of the hill) 352-383-8393 .. www.renningers.com/dora/dorahome.htm ...BONUS.... they are MOSTLY Air -Conditioned. Of course you can also check out Mount Dora downtown.( eclectic mix of shops and restaurants) When leaving Renningers just go West on Lincoln Ave to Donnelley St. Then go South on Donnellly to 3rd - 4th and 5th st.(about 4 miles from Renningers) Several blocks of shopping in Old Downtown. HAPPY SHOPPING.

Last edited by mrfixit; 07-09-2011 at 03:49 AM. Reason: clarify
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.