matt lauer

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I know we're going to get mod-smacked for going off topic.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:51 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

It's related............we all sin, just in different degrees.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:05 PM
fw102807

Pretty sure ol Matt wasn't thinking about sin
Old 12-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Default Sexual assault

"But problems might develop as these people are exposed. It's getting pretty easy for a woman to simply accuse a man of something that might have happened years ago in order to ruin his life. I would guess that there are plenty of vindictive women out there that might be thinking about getting someone back for some kind of issue that was not sexual harassment."

Two things:

1. why does it matter when it was done or if it ruins his life. If he did it, he ruined her life!
2. where do you get off "guessing" plenty of vindictive women out there that might be thinking about getting someone back for some kind of issue that was not sexual harassment."
That seems very judgmental. It seems you have forgotten to judge the men who have actually done it, no matter when they did it. This is why it has become so pervasive in our society. If a man does something inappropriate he should face up to it. If a woman does something inappropriate she should face up to it. When a person has been sexually assaulted it is far more serious than if they had their purse snatched for instant. A person's psychological well being when bruised usually stays bruised. No excuses should be accepted.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
"But problems might develop as these people are exposed. It's getting pretty easy for a woman to simply accuse a man of something that might have happened years ago in order to ruin his life. I would guess that there are plenty of vindictive women out there that might be thinking about getting someone back for some kind of issue that was not sexual harassment."

Two things:

1. why does it matter when it was done or if it ruins his life. If he did it, he ruined her life!
2. where do you get off "guessing" plenty of vindictive women out there that might be thinking about getting someone back for some kind of issue that was not sexual harassment."
That seems very judgmental. It seems you have forgotten to judge the men who have actually done it, no matter when they did it. This is why it has become so pervasive in our society. If a man does something inappropriate he should face up to it. If a woman does something inappropriate she should face up to it. When a person has been sexually assaulted it is far more serious than if they had their purse snatched for instant. A person's psychological well being when bruised usually stays bruised. No excuses should be accepted.
I think how each of us look at this and how we feel about this issue has a lot to do with our own personal history.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post

Two things:

Old 12-03-2017, 06:45 PM

I miss Ann Curry. Bring her back to Tv
Old 12-03-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree.

Some men sexually harass women.
Some women lie about sexual harassment.
All people need to learn how to handle the strongest urge we all are gifted with, next to self preservation.
By "strongest urge..." I believe you are referencing sexual drive, but many times incidents of harrassment have more to do with power than sexual gratification.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:17 PM

The worst I've heard about are men who prey on children or minors.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
By "strongest urge..." I believe you are referencing sexual drive, but many times incidents of harrassment have more to do with power than sexual gratification.
I agree to a certain extent. Powe is what leads to the ability to sexually harrass someone. But sexual gratification plays a part in that as well, IMO.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:48 PM
TOTV Moderator

Members of TOTV may express their opinion on topics presented in threads. Fellow posters may agree or disagree, but must do so without posting comments directed at a member. Such posts will be deleted. If directed comments continue, the thread will be closed.

Old 12-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I agree to a certain extent. Powe is what leads to the ability to sexually harrass someone. But sexual gratification plays a part in that as well, IMO.

Sexual gratification is very subjective. Power and sex can be mutually satisfying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
lauer, beginning, list, long, fired

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.