matt lauer

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2017, 09:55 AM
Veteran member
Default matt lauer

wow nbc fired lauer today, lots of tv stars are going down, this is just the beginning of a long list.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
wow nbc fired lauer today, lots of tv stars are going down, this is just the beginning of a long list.
SAD.

I missed the whole trial by jury and the evidence.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Sexual harassment is real and it is not acceptable but I fear this is becoming like the Salem Witch Hunt.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
SAD.

I missed the whole trial by jury and the evidence.
They believed the woman and said they suspect there have been others. Maybe Lauer admitted it or maybe NBC was trying to get out from under a very costly contract.

In any event, it's not a court of law so trial by jury is not necessary for a company to fire an employee. If he feels he's innocent, he has the right to sue for unjust dismissal and slander. If he does sue successfully, NBC would pay out a lot more than what his contract called for so I would guess that they are pretty sure about what occurred.

But problems might develop as these people are exposed. It's getting pretty easy for a woman to simply accuse a man of something that might have happened years ago in order to ruin his life. I would guess that there are plenty of vindictive women out there that might be thinking about getting someone back for some kind of issue that was not sexual harrassment.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Sexual harassment is real and it is not acceptable but I fear this is becoming like the Salem Witch Hunt.
I KNOW I will get slammed for this but here goes .....

Totally agree with you on the witch hunt! Along with all the women who post on this board, we were all young once and I, for one, learned real early how to deal with harassment. I could go on and on, but just as a "for instance", would you really go to a man's apartment after he has put the move on you - as many of the women did with Harvey whatshisname!

Did anyone see Angela Lansbury's comments on this, this morning?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-29-2017, 10:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I KNOW I will get slammed for this but here goes .....

Totally agree with you on the witch hunt! Along with all the women who post on this board, we were all young once and I, for one, learned real early how to deal with harassment. I could go on and on, but just as a "for instance", would you really go to a man's apartment after he has put the move on you - as many of the women did with Harvey whatshisname!

Did anyone see Angela Lansbury's comments on this, this morning?
I agree.

Some men sexually harass women.
Some women lie about sexual harassment.
All people need to learn how to handle the strongest urge we all are gifted with, next to self preservation.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:34 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

I have two different fears...............I have one for my son and grandsons and a second type of fear for my daughters and granddaughters.

Over the years, I've seen guys that were labeled, "Huggers". Most were just harmless, or appeared to be harmless. Harmless or not, the Huggee decides.

It's difficult.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I have two different fears...............I have one for my son and grandsons and a second type of fear for my daughters and granddaughters.

Over the years, I've seen guys that were labeled, "Huggers". Most were just harmless, or appeared to be harmless. Harmless or not, the Huggee decides.

It's difficult.
Yes, feared for one of my sons, he was a pretty boy. He came through unscathed - I think, because I never heard anything.

For me, I learned very quickly that when a man put his arm around you for ANY REASON, you could just slide out of it and make an excuse to move on. But, I was never a starlet looking for a big break. I also had a wonderful older sister who taught me the ropes early on. However, I was never in a life or death situation, so I don't know how I would have handled that.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-29-2017, 11:08 AM
Sage

There are two sides to a pancake...no matter how flat it is. That said, just read an article about the man and guess within "the office" his escapades were well known but NBC didn't want to do anything because the show was #1. Disgusting!!!

Last edited by NotGolfer; 11-29-2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:22 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

The complaint about Lauer was for sexual assault, not harassment, at Rio Olympics. This is just tip of the iceberg, NYT has been working on a Lauer story for months, stay tuned.

Sorry to all you who think Matt was just the sweetest guy.

@yashar

Lauer is among the worst I've heard about. Not in terms of the kind of misconduct but the way in which he manipulated these women into silence. It's evil, frightening stuff.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Veteran member
Default Lauer

Not making excuses, but a lot partying went on after hours at the Rio games among reporters, network types and athletes. You see, there's a weakness with masculine biochemistry. Alcohol slows down inhibitions and makes guys believe all women want to have sex with them. It's like the old joke goes about what the difference is between a fox and a dog: three Martinis. Or you might remember the beatnik writings of Lawrence Ferlinghetti, "...And in the morning, she had bad teeth and didn't even like poetry."

By the way, is there a statute of limitations on this stuff? As a four-year-old, I may have had a playground "show-me-yours" encounter.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
The complaint about Lauer was for sexual assault, not harassment, at Rio Olympics. This is just tip of the iceberg, NYT has been working on a Lauer story for months, stay tuned.

Sorry to all you who think Matt was just the sweetest guy.

@yashar

Lauer is among the worst I've heard about. Not in terms of the kind of misconduct but the way in which he manipulated these women into silence. It's evil, frightening stuff.
Can you link us to a credible source?
Old 11-29-2017, 11:53 AM
Sage

Looking for connection to New York Times and found that Lauer and NYT reporter Brian Stelter had a "contentious " relationship.

I wasn't paying attention back then, but this is interesting;

Access Denied

I am digging and finding dirt on Matt Lauer.

sigh.

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-29-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:21 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Can you link us to a credible source?
Matt Lauer fired from NBC News after complaint about 'inappropriate sexual behavior' - Nov. 29, 2017

Just like Weinstein story, this will unfold in the next few days. There will be more about Matty.

Lack's memo said it was the first complaint lodged against Lauer in his career at the network. But it also said "we were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident."
Indeed, Lack and other NBC News executives have known for weeks that The Times and Variety magazine were working on investigations into Lauer's behavior.
Variety's New York bureau chief Ramin Setoodeh said on Twitter that he and his colleague Elizabeth Wagmeister have been doing reporting "about serious sexual harassment allegations against Lauer" for two months.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:28 PM

Matt Lauer was watch my me daily and I do like watching him, The Today Show,but I would like to know the full story and I do think all names should be included. They say it happen during the 2114 Olympics.
Closed Thread

Tags
lauer, beginning, list, long, fired

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.