MBT's

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Sage
Default Re: MBT's

I've patronized the Foot Solutions here and in my former state. I really like their business model....they do a free evaulation of your foot issues, including computer mapping of hot spots and pressure points. Then, they can recommend shoes and/or orthotics that will best help you manage your foot issue. For orthotics, they have some over the counter products that they can adjust or they do the full measurement for custom built orthotics at the company factory.

They also have MBT, New Balance, and a few other brands of specialty shoes. If you have any kind of foot problems, they are a very knowledgeable and helpful resource. The franchise here in the Villages is owned, operated, and staffed by very qualified and dedicated personnel -- they are certified podarthists. I was very pleased with my orthotics for managing both flat feet and bunion issues and a pair of NB cross trainer shoes that are a dream to walk in.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Sage

Really appreciate this info. Mabe the right shoe will make all the difference in my pain level. I will be sure to check them out when I get there. Thanks again! :bigthumbsup:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:19 AM
Sage

V7, great recommendation for Foot Solutions, thank you for that information. I'll make sure to visit them. They have a perfect location here in TV with all the tender geriatric tootsies. :bigthumbsup:
Old 01-08-2008, 02:31 PM

Always can count on great topics in TOTV. I love to walk and try to get 10,000 steps in a day. For months now my right arch has been killing me. Thanks to these posts I've gotten some great recommendations for footwear.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

great topic, close to my heart and my feet! LOL
Old 01-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Gold member

Thanks for the link Barb1191. I have to admit I didn't have a clue what MBT's were.
Pretty pricey !
Thank goodness I do not have problems with my feet. I do like Birk's even though they are b... ugly. Haven't tried Croc's, aren't they hot in the warm weather, being rubber or plastic or whatever they are????
Old 01-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Sage

Beady,

I wear crocks most of the time in the summer and dont find them to be overly hot. They have lots of air holes for ventilation. Crocks also makes an open sandle now that I hear is quite comfortable. Personally I love the Teva sandles in warm weather and they are still at the top of my list.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Crocs definitely Rock! I'm wearing a pair as we speak. As soon as I get home I kick off those heavy old boots and slip on my Crocs. Yes, Crocs come in Flip Flop style sandals and a slider style. Crocs have even come out with a a winter boot.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:05 AM
Gold member

Barb,

Thanks for post what MBT's are. Had to get to nearly the beginning of this thread to find out what they are.

HB
Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 PM

I love my Easy Spirit no back shoes. I was afraid I would have trouble keeping them on but no they are great. I have even danced on the square wearing them.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Taltarzac

Masai Barefoot Technology=MBT.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.