Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Mean and cruel (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/mean-cruel-279002/)

missypie 12-05-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-flat (Post 1605087)
She probaly doesn’t have a brain to begin with. That’s awful man oh man talk about stealing childhood away from children.

So sad

Topspinmo 12-05-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1605079)
I wonder if this teacher transferred from Oklahoma

Oklahoma teacher tells class that left-handedness is evil and sinister

This what talking about, teach the lesson plan and keep personal beliefs, structured personal agenda out of school. Let the little minds form their own opinions.

missypie 12-05-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1605140)
This what talking about, teach the lesson plan and keep personal beliefs, structured personal agenda out of school. Let the little minds form their own opinions.

Exactly

Boomer 12-05-2018 07:07 PM

Highly offensive. Disgusting. Callous. Ignorant. Pathetic. Arrogant. And — seems obvious that teachers like this have a mean streak.

And — I was shocked, horrified, angry and sad, all at the same time, when I heard about that group of Idaho teachers who for Halloween came to school with some dressed up as a wall, while others wore stereotypical Mexican costumes. (ponchos, sombreros, mustaches, etc.) It is likely there were Hispanic children at that school. How could teachers possibly think it was OK, cute, and funny to mock a child’s cultural heritage — or anybody’s? And even if there were no Hispanic children there, what kind of example were those teachers setting by even going down that road. Geez.

Are schools so desperate for teachers now that they have to keep those who have absolutely no judgement skills or conscience.

Heart-breaking.

I hope the administration of those schools has sense enough to deal with these people. They are poisoning kids.

Like Maya Angelou said, “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.”

Boomer, retired

ColdNoMore 12-05-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 1605211)
Highly offensive. Disgusting. Callous. Ignorant. Pathetic. Arrogant. And — seems obvious that teachers like this have a mean streak.

And — I was shocked, horrified, angry and sad, all at the same time, when I heard about that group of Idaho teachers who for Halloween came to school with some dressed up as a wall, while others wore stereotypical Mexican costumes. (ponchos, sombreros, mustaches, etc.)

Are schools so desperate for teachers now that they have to keep those who have absolutely no judgement skills or conscience.

Heart-breaking.

I hope the administration of those schools has sense enough to deal with these people. Get them out. They are poisoning kids.

Like Maya Angelou said, “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.”

Boomer, retired

Yep.
:agree:

BK001 12-05-2018 08:39 PM

How I would love to exit interview this employee and hear from her lips, what she said, what she was thinking and why? What lesson was she providing and what did she hope her students would learn – from her point of view. I believe it important to understand this aberration and to determine if she had some fallacious belief that a purpose was being served – other than crushing the dreams of these children.

I think it would be interesting but no explanation alters the fact that this is an example of extremely poor judgment on so many levels.

wendyquat 12-05-2018 10:28 PM

Karma won! She has been fired! :1rotfl:

redwitch 12-06-2018 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendyquat (Post 1605272)
Karma won! She has been fired! :1rotfl:

Not to me. She lost a job. The class lost some magic. Karma needs to bite her a lot harder to make this right.

I really don’t understand, nor do I want to, how anyone could so willingly destroy the magic of childhood. This woman is just plain evil. Hanging by her short hairs is too kind.

graciegirl 12-06-2018 07:50 AM

Worse yet. I know what's gonna happen to HER.

Coal.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 12-06-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jblum315 (Post 1604672)
A substitute teacher in Montvale N.J. told her first grade class that there is no Santa Claus. Also no Easter bunny, also no tooth fairy. It’s all your parents, she said
I am sad because for some little chidren this is the only magic they have and possibly the only magic they will ever have

Another example of educators overstepping their bounds. This is not the business of first grade teachers. What they want their children to believe or not believe is up to parents. This teachers should be fired.

Rapscallion St Croix 12-06-2018 12:57 PM

She wants kids to know the truth...except when it comes to their scholastics...everyone gets told they are doing great.

BobnBev 12-06-2018 06:33 PM

She was FIRED------put it to bed.:ohdear::ohdear:

Rapscallion St Croix 12-06-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1605489)

But I just got the torch lit.

graciegirl 12-06-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1605489)

Now, now. I taught Little biddy ones for decades and I find this a very awful thing. I want to talk about it some more.

This is just another example of people telling others what they can or cannot say. It is like some in this country are trying to con us into some new weird religion. I don't like it at all.

There has to be some magic. And we should be able to use words the way we want to. People are too thin skinned and find reason to take offense when none was meant. They danged nigh have killed humor.