Mean and cruel

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2018, 03:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
She probaly doesn’t have a brain to begin with. That’s awful man oh man talk about stealing childhood away from children.
So sad
Old 12-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
I wonder if this teacher transferred from Oklahoma

Oklahoma teacher tells class that left-handedness is evil and sinister
This what talking about, teach the lesson plan and keep personal beliefs, structured personal agenda out of school. Let the little minds form their own opinions.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
This what talking about, teach the lesson plan and keep personal beliefs, structured personal agenda out of school. Let the little minds form their own opinions.
Exactly
Old 12-05-2018, 07:07 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Highly offensive. Disgusting. Callous. Ignorant. Pathetic. Arrogant. And — seems obvious that teachers like this have a mean streak.

And — I was shocked, horrified, angry and sad, all at the same time, when I heard about that group of Idaho teachers who for Halloween came to school with some dressed up as a wall, while others wore stereotypical Mexican costumes. (ponchos, sombreros, mustaches, etc.) It is likely there were Hispanic children at that school. How could teachers possibly think it was OK, cute, and funny to mock a child’s cultural heritage — or anybody’s? And even if there were no Hispanic children there, what kind of example were those teachers setting by even going down that road. Geez.

Are schools so desperate for teachers now that they have to keep those who have absolutely no judgement skills or conscience.

Heart-breaking.

I hope the administration of those schools has sense enough to deal with these people. They are poisoning kids.

Like Maya Angelou said, “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.”

Boomer, retired

Last edited by Boomer; 12-05-2018 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Highly offensive. Disgusting. Callous. Ignorant. Pathetic. Arrogant. And — seems obvious that teachers like this have a mean streak.

And — I was shocked, horrified, angry and sad, all at the same time, when I heard about that group of Idaho teachers who for Halloween came to school with some dressed up as a wall, while others wore stereotypical Mexican costumes. (ponchos, sombreros, mustaches, etc.)

Are schools so desperate for teachers now that they have to keep those who have absolutely no judgement skills or conscience.

Heart-breaking.

I hope the administration of those schools has sense enough to deal with these people. Get them out. They are poisoning kids.

Like Maya Angelou said, “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.”

Boomer, retired

Yep.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Platinum member

How I would love to exit interview this employee and hear from her lips, what she said, what she was thinking and why? What lesson was she providing and what did she hope her students would learn – from her point of view. I believe it important to understand this aberration and to determine if she had some fallacious belief that a purpose was being served – other than crushing the dreams of these children.

I think it would be interesting but no explanation alters the fact that this is an example of extremely poor judgment on so many levels.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:28 PM
Platinum member

Karma won! She has been fired!
Old 12-06-2018, 03:34 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
Karma won! She has been fired!
Not to me. She lost a job. The class lost some magic. Karma needs to bite her a lot harder to make this right.

I really don’t understand, nor do I want to, how anyone could so willingly destroy the magic of childhood. This woman is just plain evil. Hanging by her short hairs is too kind.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-06-2018, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Worse yet. I know what's gonna happen to HER.

Coal.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
A substitute teacher in Montvale N.J. told her first grade class that there is no Santa Claus. Also no Easter bunny, also no tooth fairy. It’s all your parents, she said
I am sad because for some little chidren this is the only magic they have and possibly the only magic they will ever have
Another example of educators overstepping their bounds. This is not the business of first grade teachers. What they want their children to believe or not believe is up to parents. This teachers should be fired.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:57 PM
Platinum member

She wants kids to know the truth...except when it comes to their scholastics...everyone gets told they are doing great.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

She was FIRED------put it to bed.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 12-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
But I just got the torch lit.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Now, now. I taught Little biddy ones for decades and I find this a very awful thing. I want to talk about it some more.

This is just another example of people telling others what they can or cannot say. It is like some in this country are trying to con us into some new weird religion. I don't like it at all.

There has to be some magic. And we should be able to use words the way we want to. People are too thin skinned and find reason to take offense when none was meant. They danged nigh have killed humor.

Tags
easter, bunnybunny, claus, santa, tooth

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.