Media predictions about Florida

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2020, 08:12 AM

The worst of the media are outlets like the NY Post and the Trump cheerleading FoxNews. These brainwashers still view the virus as a hoax and/or something to trivialize. A steady diet of them will get us all killed.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:32 AM
Location: Moved to the Village of Caroline from St. Louis MO.

Well at least a few of us can spell!
Old 05-21-2020, 08:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Governor Cuomo did shut it down. Shut the Subways down

More misinformation. They have never shut down the subways completely. Up until May 1 the subways ran normally. On that date they shut them down for 5 hours in the night for cleaning. You really need to start looking things up.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Apple View Post
The worst of the media are outlets like the NY Post and the Trump cheerleading FoxNews. These brainwashers still view the virus as a hoax and/or something to trivialize. A steady diet of them will get us all killed.
Seriously?? Please provide proof that those two outfits believe the virus is a "hoax".
Old 05-21-2020, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

At the end of the day, a pandamic was predictable/forecast for many years so anyone blame storming needs to look in the mirror.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
i'se amazed,,, what in hell do the polish people have to do with this ?
Old 05-21-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
So sick of Media reporting. For every report one way you can find one the opposite. Same with Poles.
Now we're picking on the Polish?
Old 05-21-2020, 09:19 AM

Governor Cuomo has been lionized by the media for his daily pressers about the coronavirus in NY. He's reading speeches, of course, since there's a full-screen graphic ready to pop on screen as soon as he mentions the topic/sentence. But, no matter.

Cuomo and Governor Murphy from NJ should be answering very tough questions about their policies regarding nursing home residents and LTC residents re: Covid-19. In both states, nursing homes were forced to take back nursing home patients who tested positive.

How did that work out? Horrifically. Cuomo's been trying to dance around the topic whenever he's asked about it. Yesterday, he specifically blamed Trump because - he said - NY made its decision to force nursing home residents who tested positive back to their nursing homes because of the CDC guidelines that were in force.

Funny how Governor DeSantis didn't do that. Was DeSantis in violation of CDC guidelines? Of is this just another example of Cuomo thinking he can do no wrong, and that no one will actually call him out on it?

Thankfully, there finally is some growing concerns for investigations into what went down in NYS, and why. Will Cuomo actually pay a price for his policy? I wouldn't hold my breath. But there's lots of relatives of deceased NY nursing home residents who want answers, and some politicians are taking notice. There's a bit of an increase on the press side, but that's not to be counted on.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:30 AM

As we excitedly wait for a Coronavirus vaccine to keep us safe again we must not forget that 45,000 - 65,000 die in the US every year from Influenza even WITH a flu Vaccine.. I wonder where those numbers would be without a vaccine, I myself haven't had the flu in 15 years or so since taking the flu shot.. I think the mortality rate will continue to decline as we accept the responsibility of protecting ourselves and not expecting the Government to do it for us..
Old 05-21-2020, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Governor Cuomo did shut it down. Shut the Subways down

More misinformation. They have never shut down the subways completely. Up until May 1 the subways ran normally. On that date they shut them down for 5 hours in the night for cleaning. You really need to start looking things up.
You are right GoodLife. And I was wrong about the Subways. You seem to get so much pleasure when I am wrong.

In my defense. I was following the events through frequent conversations with our granddaughter who lives in the lower East Side. She kept saying that they were not using the subways, so I assumed they were shut down.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:53 AM

If you find NEWS during ABC's "World News" 6.30pm nightly, good luck.. If you get 9 mins worthwhile news in 30 mins you are lucky.. and world news... NO CHANCE....
Old 05-21-2020, 09:54 AM

I find this map and statistics very interesting. I understand the map and what it is portraying but it is unreadable . When I enlarge it it is still unreadable. Can you post a link where we can view for older eyes?
Old 05-21-2020, 09:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are right GoodLife. And I was wrong about the Subways. You seem to get so much pleasure when I am wrong.

In my defense. I was following the events through frequent conversations with our granddaughter who lives in the lower East Side. She kept saying that they were not using the subways, so I assumed they were shut down.
I commend you for admitting your error. Most here never do this. I am giving you a star for honest behavior.

However, your first comment in this thread sort of accused me of posting exaggerated titles or headlines. In fact I took those Florida scare headlines direct from the media. You should know by now I don't make posts without backup.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:01 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erojohn View Post
I find this map and statistics very interesting. I understand the map and what it is portraying but it is unreadable . When I enlarge it it is still unreadable. Can you post a link where we can view for older eyes?
You can't see it better when you click on it? Try saving the image to your computer and then you can zoom in on it.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:11 AM
Location: Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, New Zealand, Uruguay, DC, VA, OH, Village of Santiago
Default Flip-flopping Poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
So sick of Media reporting. For every report one way you can find one the opposite. Same with Poles.
Don'tcha just hate it when for every Pole you talk to, another says just the opposite!?!
Closed Thread

Tags
florida, counties, deaths, 1/3, click

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.