Meet & Greet for Newbies!!

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Dancing Thyme
Default Meet & Greet for Newbies!!

I see that a lot of newbies will be arriving in TV right after the Crispers lunch on Friday, Feb. 18.. Therefore, I'd like to have a special Meet & Greet at Crispers to welcome all those who can't make it on the 18th. I'm especially thinking about Ladydoc who has become my friend already and has loads of questions about TV. Ladydoc and hubs will be arriving on Feb. 23, so I've been thinking that maybe Friday Feb 25 might be a good date... Let me know if you'd like to attend.

Hope to see you all... I LOVE NEWBIES!!!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011
Default We'll be there!!!!

My friend Terry and I (Carolyn) would love to meet all of you next week on the 25th. Terry is making settlement on her dream home in the Villages on the 23rd and will be moving in right after she retires April 1st. I have my house up for sale and once it sells (hopefully soon - keep your fingers crossed) I too will be moving to the Villages. We both have been on TOTV every day and have found it provides an unbelievable wealth of information. Looking forward to meeting all of you!!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Great idea Kathie! Count me in.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Gold member

We will be there!!! Also looking forward to dinner with Kathie on Thursday. I am in the middle of packing and am so excited about coming to TV and meeting face to face all the people I feel I already know from TOTV. I better get back packing...
Old 02-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Default Count us in

Kathie Carol and I get in on the 23rd in the afternoon. Where are you goinb to have the meet and greet? Shighsmi
Old 02-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Sage

KathieI,
Oh how I wish I could be there.

Just wanted to mention that this is so nice of you to do! You are wonderful. Hugs!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:43 PM

I close on my CYV Feb. 23rd and would love to join the meet & greet Feb. 25th. I've visited The Villages a couple times a year for the past 12 years while visiting relatives in nearby Leesburg, always saying one day when I retire I want to move to the Villages. Well, that day has finally arrived. I close Feb. 23rd, I retire April 1st and will move to the Villages two weeks after that. I don't have to "press my nose to the glass" looking in wishing I was there anymore! I've read TOTV for years and this is my first post! Looking forward to meeting all the people who's posts I've read all these years!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

We are so happy for you Ohio RailGirl! You must be extremely excited.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:17 PM

Yes, I can't believe I'm finally retiring let alone moving to The Villages. I have 42 days to go to retirement. I have a retirement clock on my desk at work, counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:25 PM

We would love to join you on the 25th at Crispers. What time?
Will be moving into our Patio Villa in Mallory Square Feb 21.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Sage

Ohio RailGirl,

to TV and to TOTV. We're glad you joined us!

You are in for the time of your life.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:42 PM

Sure would love to meet the TOTV peeps and all of the newbies! What time would it be? I have to drive my sister to the airport that day but I would love to make the luncheon.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Dancing Thyme

Wow!!!
What a great response... I'm so glad.. Since its a Friday, why don't we have it at 3pm (just like our regular monthly meeting) at Crispers on 466 in the Southern Trace Shopping Plaza.

I was at Crispers today with Helene 2008 and Shirleevee and they have the best food and atmosphere even better than Panera. The weather is really warming up, so I'll bet we can have it outside on the patio. Won't that be grand.

I will for sure, take pictures AND POST THEM, no comments pleaseeeee, because this is an event that is of historical proportion for TOTV. This is how we all met about 4 years ago.... and now we are all friends living in Paradise....

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 02-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Default Wish we could...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Wow!!!
What a great response... I'm so glad.. Since its a Friday, why don't we have it at 3pm (just like our regular monthly meeting) at Crispers on 466 in the Southern Trace Shopping Plaza.

I was at Crispers today with Helene 2008 and Shirleevee and they have the best food and atmosphere even better than Panera. The weather is really warming up, so I'll bet we can have it outside on the patio. Won't that be grand.

I will for sure, take pictures AND POST THEM, no comments pleaseeeee, because this is an event that is of historical proportion for TOTV. This is how we all met about 4 years ago.... and now we are all friends living in Paradise....
Hi KathieI, You are sooo kind! Wish we could be there, but we arrive 3/1 Will try to make the March meeting! We're trying to figure out how we're going to resist purchasing something while we're there!!! Apprehensive about house selling when we put it on the market on our return. Good luck to all the newbies...we're jealous
Old 02-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzjay View Post
Hi KathieI, You are sooo kind! Wish we could be there, but we arrive 3/1 Will try to make the March meeting! We're trying to figure out how we're going to resist purchasing something while we're there!!! Apprehensive about house selling when we put it on the market on our return. Good luck to all the newbies...we're jealous
Hi PZ, so you will be here for the March lunch, which is Mar 18... We'll see ya there!!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.