For members who haven't posted.

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Default Re: For members who haven't posted.

This has really been a worthwhile and productive post...come on folks, let's read some more from those who are hesitant to speak. We're on a roll.

Let us hear from you good, bad, or indifferent. Post, post, post. We really want your input.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:39 AM
JohnnyM

Frank it was a good thread and your intentions were honest and forthright. I think the response was good, but really great from our veterans who really know the work that is put into making TOTV a success. Personally, I don't speak for all, but I am done with the Mak attack.....Johnny (No pun intended)
Old 01-22-2008, 03:12 AM
Veteran member

All together now on three say:
AMEN
Handie :joke:
Old 01-22-2008, 03:21 AM
Dancing Thyme

AMEN!!! :bow: :bow:
AMEN!!! :bow: :bow:

Kathie :redface:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-22-2008, 04:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by handieman
All together now on three say:
AMEN
Handie :joke:
Peace and love to all. lovehorse
Old 01-22-2008, 08:11 AM

Mak
If you held true to your word, you already "deep 6ed" yourself. Apparently you did find some use or interest in this forum for nearly 6 months. You asked us to do what you want, how about a little slack for those who see the need for some personal interaction beyond the exchange of sterile facts. Why not try working with the admin and members to get what you want. Possibly they could make it a little more obvious for the Sgt Friday user to distinguish between non TV and TV related posts. Maybe admin could find a way to better filter what you are interested in. Your attitude of do it only my way comes across a bit self centered. I found TV people very welcoming and helpful if given a chance. I find it interesting that your only post in 6 months was non-TV related -- exactly what I understand you oppose. Interesting dilemma, how does one have a forum to voice concerns like yours if "non fact" based data is not allowed. Consider another shot at TOTV --- who knows we might get to know you and possibly you could help others. As they say in Jamaica "come back" but get a TV friendly personality. For those who may side with Mak consider a more constructive approach to get the changes that could make TOTV more attractive or useful to broader audience? Don't just drop an atom bomb and sail away.

Barbi
Old 01-22-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyM
Frank it was a good thread and your intentions were honest and forthright. I think the response was good, but really great from our veterans who really know the work that is put into making TOTV a success. Personally, I don't speak for all, but I am done with the Mak attack.....Johnny (No pun intended)
JohnnyM, my post was never intended to become a Mak attack. It was a simple request to those who are members, and who have not posted, to let us know why they've been silent. I think we did get some good input and I was encouraging more first timers to contribute.

Please understand that my intentions are innocent of any attack and understand, also, that it's not in my control to monitor or influence any member's response.

If these threads need to be put to rest I'll say the first prayer.

Thanks for your input.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:56 PM
JohnnyM

Frank maybe Mak put an end to the post with his/her comments before it had a chance to grow. How about you start a similar post with different wording and maybe someone new will give us some educated and respectful opinions that TOTV, veterans and Administrators can work with. Johnny
Old 01-24-2008, 02:38 AM

Johnny & Frank

I like your suggestions for a more constructive rerun of this subject. I think what derailed the original thread was MAK came across as attacking us so the instinct was to give it back. I think the original ideas was good and hope we didn't scare off anyone from making a first post. Maybe we should impose on ourselves a silent "seven second time out" rule or a "no idea is a bad idea" rule for first time posters. Showing a little patience to first time posters will be much more effective way to get them started. If the person turns out to continue the attack on others then take it from there. I know for one as a new person, I'm still a little nervous about the process and character of the this forum. I count on help and constructive feedback.

Barbi
Old 01-24-2008, 04:51 AM
JohnnyM

Thanks for the input Barbi, I think you are right about reaching out again to our first time posters. I think we should defer to Frank as he was the original host for the topic to see if he would like to start a new thread. I'm sure we can succeed in our goal to bring in more folks to join TOTV. It was unfortunate that Mak was the first post. I think if we had other posts before his it might have been a lot different. If at first you don't succeed! Johnny
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.