Michael Jordan - simply AMAZING documentary "The Last Dance".

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2021, 07:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Michael Jordan - simply AMAZING documentary "The Last Dance".

First, must say that I am not a basketball fan. But always in awe of Michael Jordan and his unbelievable talents on the court and off...

This series - 10 50min segments on Netflix, or avail on other platforms - is so well produced. The stories are intriguing, even for non-b-ball fans. Of course MJ is front and center buy so many other side stories and interviews with other Bulls and competitor stars.

The series focuses on the 2 Bull's Championship three-peats during the 1990's. And MJ retirment and try at MLB baseball, and back to the Bulls for the 2nd Championship 3. His talent and competitive drive is front and center, but so much is NOT about him, but also how he raised other's up around him.

It's not all happy stuff. Injuries, Media stress, illnesses, his father's murder, etc. But how he was able to overcome despite all of this is breathtaking.

So worth the time to watch - but there is "language", you know locker room and interview...words.

Bottom line, I thought I knew much about MJ, but this doc was so impressive I have to heartily recommend to others. What a life he led, and so pleased that he's retired and enjoying his life to the fullest. What a role model and human being...

'The Last Dance' review: ESPN hits the right notes with its look back at Michael Jordan and the Bulls - CNN

The Last Dance (TV Mini-Series 2020) - IMDb
Old 04-22-2021, 08:54 AM
Gold member

I agree, it is a great series to watch. You don't need to be a basketball fan to enjoy it.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:59 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

This was on ESPN about a year ago. I agree. Excellent documentary. You don’t have to like basketball to watch it.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

As a lifelong basketball fan and former player, MJ is the best ever. I refer to him as the human cat. His jumping ability and body control in the air is unprecedented. His competitiveness was equal to Larry Bird, but with way more physical gifts. It didn’t hurt that he had Scottie Pippin as his running mate for most of his career.
Old 04-23-2021, 06:22 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
As a lifelong basketball fan and former player, MJ is the best ever. I refer to him as the human cat. His jumping ability and body control in the air is unprecedented. His competitiveness was equal to Larry Bird, but with way more physical gifts. It didn’t hurt that he had Scottie Pippin as his running mate for most of his career.
So agree. I started the post about MJ and the documentary because it truly had such an impact to me. Sometimes a movie or TV show 'hits that mark in your gut' - and this one did. I think about MJ and his career and that doc a few times a day now. Despite the life challenges he faced (mostly induced by HIS competitiveness..) he endured and succeeded beyond belief. Truly, singlehandedly drove the Bulls to each championship - AND was primarily responsible for the explosive worldwide growth of basketball in many many countries. And impacted much of our culture and sports marketing.

The man is super-human in so many ways.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:51 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Michael Jordan may be the last professional basketball player who played for the love of the game. He is light years ahead of the know nothings, "woke" idiots, and thugs who play today. I stopped watching "professional bball" 4 years ago because it was no longer about the game .
Old 04-23-2021, 03:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Michael Jordan may be the last professional basketball player who played for the love of the game. He is light years ahead of the know nothings, "woke" idiots, and thugs who play today. I stopped watching "professional bball" 4 years ago because it was no longer about the game .
AGREE - case in point what LeBron stupidly said after the 'knife-girl was killed...

Tags
bulls, center, front, championship, stories

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.