USA Women's Soccer Team

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2019, 10:43 AM
Veteran member
Default USA Women's Soccer Team

The conduct and comments of some members of the USA Women's Soccer were disgraceful. Namely Megan Rapino, Alex Morgan, and Allie Long.

The worst conduct came from Allie Long who dropped the American Flag to the ground while waving to the crowd.

One player that stood out " Kelley O'Hara " who quickly ran over and picked up the flag.

It will be interesting to see just how many players accept the upcoming invitation to the White House.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:02 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
The conduct and comments of some members of the USA Women's Soccer were disgraceful. Namely Megan Rapino, Alex Morgan, and Allie Long.

The worst conduct came from Allie Long who dropped the American Flag to the ground while waving to the crowd.

One player that stood out " Kelley O'Hara " who quickly ran over and picked up the flag.

It will be interesting to see just how many players accept the upcoming invitation to the White House.
Believe it or not there will be some here that will give an excuse for what happened. I can't believe it was just pure ignorance dragging and dropping the flag to the ground like that.

This "discussion" will not last long, just like the last one
Steve
Old 07-08-2019, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Believe it or not there will be some here that will give an excuse for what happened. I can't believe it was just pure ignorance dragging and dropping the flag to the ground like that.

This "discussion" will not last long, just like the last one
Steve
Deleted as the thread should have been.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Just more athletes that only care about themselves and how they can promote themselves. We have no heroes for the younger generation. Just a bunch of "I" am, self centered, money grabbing athletes. What a shame, they are very talented. I would not even extend an invitation after the off field antics and comments.
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 07-08-2019, 02:52 PM
Gold member

they talked the talk and walked the walk and did it with humor ,honesty and wit. They proved you could play for your country and not be owned by it. They had an indefatigable drive, a belief in hard work,caring for each other, America at its best. They faced ridiculous criticism from our President and others. Was the flag dropping a bad move,yes. Waas it done on purpose? I doubt it. I dont get it. They were great and did little to embarrass our country something I cannotg say about others. Lets celebrate a greta win!!!
Old 07-08-2019, 03:04 PM

Seoul, I disagree very strongly that we have no heroes these days. You may not see them on TV or read about them in the paper, but there are some outstanding young people working very hard and sacrificing for our country. Each older generation thinks the one following behind is worthless, but the generation behind always rises to the occasion. I am proud of my two sons and I am sure there are many on here who are proud of their kids and grandkids. Even in sports there are great individuals giving back to their communities and using their wealth to help others. All is not lost!
Old 07-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

The Daily Sun front page article about the big win and the Ellis family was quite interesting. How about the fact that two time winning coach Jill is now a Villager?! [emoji460]️

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2019, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
Seoul, I disagree very strongly that we have no heroes these days. You may not see them on TV or read about them in the paper, but there are some outstanding young people working very hard and sacrificing for our country. Each older generation thinks the one following behind is worthless, but the generation behind always rises to the occasion. I am proud of my two sons and I am sure there are many on here who are proud of their kids and grandkids. Even in sports there are great individuals giving back to their communities and using their wealth to help others. All is not lost!
"The Millennials were born between 1980 and 2004. This group grew up with computers, social media, and technological advancement never seen during their parents’ and grandparents’ youth. They have witnessed terrorism and school shootings, and a large number came from divorced homes. Technology brings worldwide events into local consciousness and the Internet keeps them wired at all times. Given their experiences, it is understandable they would feel more fear and anxiety than their predecessors. At the same time, they have shown great courage as they advocated in the Me Too Movement, marched for gay rights, gun control, and women's issues. They are a diverse group and are perceived as being more accepting of those who differ from the norm."

Why Do Today's Youth Seem So Different? | Psychology Today

As our world becomes smaller and smaller (despite efforts to stop that) the actions of these youth are vital to our country and world.

Youth offers me engouragement
Old 07-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post

"Fox News said teammate Kelley O'Hara quickly ran over to pick up the dropped flag. It appears Long looked down at the flag after she dropped it and helped hand it to her teammate."

US women's soccer player drops American flag between legs and dances to celebrate World Cup title. Benghazi hero is not pleased. - TheBlaze

And quickly, as usual turned into a political circus.

Some day we will get it right and aim our critique and such at the right parties, but we take direct aim at anyone who expresses views different than ours.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:14 PM

So let me get this right, if a flag is dropped on the ground while placing it one boot from the headstone of a fallen soldier makes that soldier, volunteer or family member a worthless scum. As one who has spent many days putting out flags on graves of service men and dropping a few in the process I have never been derided or shamed by others both military and civilian for this indiscretion. As the son of a career(32 yrs), Korean & 2 time Viet Nam veteran I was told more than once in my younger life that outward demonstrations of patriotism are for the people that look at them, what counts is what you believe in your heart. I do not wear a flag of any kind on my person, nor do I fly one at my home, there have been times I did not put my hand on my heart or take my hat off but I will put my love for the country and all that is good & bad on par or above anyone.

As for the millennial comment, I challenge that person to go to Walter Reed and tell the 20 yr olds in the wards there that they have not patriotism. Then explain to them how that fits in with the wounds they have and will carry for life.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Veteran member

Moderator: please move to "Non Villages Discussion"
Old 07-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
So let me get this right, if a flag is dropped on the ground while placing it one boot from the headstone of a fallen soldier makes that soldier, volunteer or family member a worthless scum. As one who has spent many days putting out flags on graves of service men and dropping a few in the process I have never been derided or shamed by others both military and civilian for this indiscretion. As the son of a career(32 yrs), Korean & 2 time Viet Nam veteran I was told more than once in my younger life that outward demonstrations of patriotism are for the people that look at them, what counts is what you believe in your heart. I do not wear a flag of any kind on my person, nor do I fly one at my home, there have been times I did not put my hand on my heart or take my hat off but I will put my love for the country and all that is good & bad on par or above anyone.

As for the millennial comment, I challenge that person to go to Walter Reed and tell the 20 yr olds in the wards there that they have not patriotism. Then explain to them how that fits in with the wounds they have and will carry for life.
Nicely put. And then there are self-serving types who throw the flag and The Bible in at every convenient but carefully orchestrated moment for no other reason than their personal gain of some kind. And if you look at their lives you will hardly believe they value either The Bible or the flag. It's just drama.

These ladies won the World Cup. Give them some room to make mistakes when all the cameras of the world are on them.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-08-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:40 PM
TOTV Moderator

We can't seem to stay on topic when it comes to USA Women's soccer and it inevitably turns into political and inflammatory discussions. Many posts have been deleted/removed.

The soccer competition is over. Civil discussion seems to be impossible.

Thread closed....again.

Moderator.
Closed Thread

Tags
allie, flag, usa, soccer, long

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.