More Transparency of this Message Board Needed

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2022, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
I can't believe someone else remembers that... at the time, I thought it was just villagers (residents) who set up a free website for us to be able to communicate, especially since it was difficult to get any news other than what the Daily Sun wanted residents to know. Used to be very helpful/reliable for suggestions for honest trades people, and yes, we'd meet in person at Crispers in the Publix plaza on 466, always on Fridays. It's changed a lot, especially how if ones asks for a recommendation to have something done, now seems it's more paid recommendations (??), or false recommendations from made up sources. Don't know, maybe not, but the whole "tone", the way people communicated with others changed.. guess everything does.
Some of the people I met in 2007 at Crispers are still on here but seldom post any more. From what I understand they are on Facebook sharing with their Friends on there about stuff.

Unfortunately, many from TOTV in 2007 passed away.
Old 11-14-2022, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I hate to tell you, but this is not a public forum, it is a private business. There is no free speech here. The moderators can censor you anytime they wish and you have no recourse. It is their business and you may wish to be able to contest how they operate their business, but you will have to do it elsewhere.

They have given us rules which they can enforce or not enforce, interpret or adjust as they see fit, on a whim or with careful consideration.

You can play on their playground as long as they let you, and you can take your toys and go home if you are unhappy.

Knowing their names or where they live makes no difference unless you feel the need to personally intimidate or attack the ownership. If you wish to thank them for doing the work and charging you nothing to visit this website, you can do it here any time you wish.

It is more than a bit ironic that someone clamoring for more transparency is not telling us his/her real identity.

This is the correct answer. Their site, their rules.

Hike naked, it adds color to your cheeks!
Old 11-14-2022, 03:04 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,198 Times in 326 Posts

Like a portion of us onboard here I’ve had my beefs with the Moderators and such. And silently complain when posts are closed or penalty boxes are given. BUT dispute the blemishes it still is a great Forum for us. In my opinion.

Like the Wizard of Oz we don’t see behind the curtain. Can only imagine what the Mods see and decide.
Old 11-14-2022, 10:31 PM
Veteran member

If you are not paying in dollars then you are paying with your data. Either way you are paying....AND there is zero free speech. Elon... where are you?
Old 11-14-2022, 10:43 PM
Sage

Talk of the Villages is one of the better public forums I have been on over the years.

Miss some of the great people who have been on here though like Carl in Tampa, ZCaveman and maybe even that Belvedere Library guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Like a portion of us onboard here I’ve had my beefs with the Moderators and such. And silently complain when posts are closed or penalty boxes are given. BUT dispute the blemishes it still is a great Forum for us. In my opinion.

Like the Wizard of Oz we don’t see behind the curtain. Can only imagine what the Mods see and decide.
Old 11-14-2022, 10:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,464 Times in 3,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by affald View Post
If you are not paying in dollars then you are paying with your data. Either way you are paying....AND there is zero free speech. Elon... where are you?
Freedom of speech doesn't apply to private property. It applies to government interference of public speech.

This is a private forum - you have to be a member in order to post on it.
Old 11-14-2022, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post

After reading "Blueash's" response, I get the suspicion (s)he is involved in the ownership or management org chart.
I took my comment off; I might get a life sentence if I keep it posted...

Last edited by I'm Popeye!; 11-15-2022 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:45 PM
Veteran member
Default Nothing is what it appears

Often public records of ownership are misdirection. George Soros-funded group of Hispanic investors buy up dozens of radio stations - Washington Times
Old 11-24-2022, 10:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by affald View Post
hmmmm like Sinclair Broadcasting Group ,Go patriots and I mean the football team not the January 6 ones
Old 11-25-2022, 06:47 AM

If you get booted, all 6 of the other posters won't see you anymore.
Old 11-25-2022, 07:08 AM
Sage

It is their house. We are invited guests.
Old 11-25-2022, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
So I did a little digging. ToTV has a heirarchy, and in the middle of the tre is Joseph Petersen, the Sales and Somethingorother Manager I wrote it down by hand and can't read my own writing.

The headquarters is at 350 Tatonka Ter, which is actually an internal road that runs through the Charter School campus. So that indidates to me that Talk of theVillages is owned by The Villages - either developer, holding corporation, llc, or whatever other of their 48 other cells in their corproration they use for various services.

They have another headquarter address, 7935 Airport Pulling Road North, in Naples. I find that pretty strange, but everyone needs a hobby and looking stuff up is mine.
Could be they rent the property on Tatonka Ter which would give them access to The Charter School if they and their employees have school age kids.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
good, accountability, moderate, people, public

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.