The morse family

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2020, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
The primary, perhaps only, reason for the CDD form of "government" is to ensure the amenities will be maintained after the Developer leaves.
And to insure that the residents/landowners have a voice. There are over 600 CDD's in Florida, it's not just a Villages thing

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-04-2020, 10:17 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARLETT1615 View Post
I was pleased to find out that the Morse family is paying most
of their employees while on furlough. It is easy to complain
about the Morse family being rich and selfish but they worked
very hard for their wealth. They continue to keep out "Hometown"
functioning and beautiful. Perhaps all the doubters should register
for the Residents and Citizens Academies to realize what it take
to keep this place running. Personally I have always been a
fan of the Morse family and appreciate the lifestyle they offer
us. Go visit some of the developments surrounding The Villages
and you will can see the difference. I know of no other community
that offers so much. Hats off to the Morse Family.
The Villages employees that I know are not getting paid.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
The Villages employees that I know are not getting paid.
The old ones kept telling us. "Save your money". What money we laughed, we make so little. Save your money they said. From somewhere, give up something, don't buy something, they said. Do without something but save your money. You never know what is going to happen. Save your money they said, even if it is small, save it. Some day it will keep you from starving.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladila2 View Post
Just a thought.....We, as residents of "The Villages" have been without any amenities due to the Virus. Why should we pay for "services" that we do not receive? You can treat this question in several ways, however, let's face it, when things are going right think of the $money$ that flows into the developer's pocket???

I have no problem for paying for services that I receive however, when the services CEASE I must question the costs!
First of all, amenity fees do not go to into the developer's pocket.

Second, costs and sevices do not go to zero when the rec facilities close.

May I suggest that you attend Resident Acadamy to learn how our community functions.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post

May I suggest that you attend Resident Acadamy to learn how our community functions.
It really is sad! You can suggest all day..... they don't have a clue and would rather complain.

Ever hear the expression "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you"? You can keep trying to explain it to people but I'm thinking your head will feel better if you stop.

Last edited by CWGUY; 04-04-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:41 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post

Why should they do that? The facts of how the system works would likely disprove their slander.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I support your thoughts, but I must correct you. Amenity fees do not pay for Villages fire safety and EMS service.

The amenity fees provide funding for items such as common area maintenance, community watch, recreation centers and activities, water retention areas, gate and postal facility maintenance and executive golf courses.
The amenity fee revenue from the Village Center residents or those living north of CR 466 is collected in the Recreation Amenities Division Fund that is normally called the RAD fund.
The amenity fee revenue from the Sumter Landing residents or those living south of CR 466 is collected in the Sumter Landing Amenities Division Fund that is normally called SLAD.

The Villages Fire Protection District is funded by a Non-Ad Valorem assessment which appears on your annual property tax bill.
Unfortunately you are incorrect on the amenity fee not paying for the fire department services, at least in part. The fire services are partially funded by the amenity fee, however the majority of their budget comes from the assessment as you mentioned and the county property taxes.

Each month $4.08 of the amenity paid by each and every home in The Villages is budgeted to the Department of Safety. North of CR466 this amounts to $1,083,599 and south of CR466 $1,813,340 or about $3 million total. These numbers are from the 2019-2020 SLAD and RAD Amenity budgets. The total budget for the Department of Safety is $17,023,608.

Why is this done? Because the residents of The Villages want a higher level of service than is normally received, and we receive it. How you may ask? Two prime examples: 1) smoke alarm battery change out, if you call public safety they will come out and change your batteries for you so you don't have to climb on a ladder or chair to do it, this significantly reduces the risk of falling, and 2) their work with the AED programs and their responsiveness give you about a 40% chance of survival from a heart attack, nearly 5 time the national average.

I for one have no issue with the <3% of the collected funds going to Department of Safety. Seems a good investment to allow many/any of us to enjoy our amenities and time on this earth a little longer.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Closed Thread

Tags
family, morse, offer, lifestyle, personally

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.