The morse family

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2020, 11:57 AM

Publix is foregoing rent from merchants in the shopping centers they own. It wouldn't surprise me to someday learn that the Morse family did something similar for the tenants in the commercial properties they own. The town squares are one of the big things that makes The Villages truly unique over other retirement developments. If they turn into ghost towns, selling a home here will be much more difficult and property values will reflect it.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I would add that (the Developer) also controls the three commercial CDDs as they appoint the supervisors for these which is allowed per Florida law. These commercial CDDs are what I would call master CDDs. I would also say that no other group or one entity has more control over what happens in TV than (the Developer). I am not expressing an opinion on if this control is good or bad. Just that “it’s the fact”.
And it seems to be working just fine . What do you think the odds are on Oshkosh happening this year and are you planning on going?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-31-2020, 01:49 PM

Just a thought.....We, as residents of "The Villages" have been without any amenities due to the Virus. Why should we pay for "services" that we do not receive? You can treat this question in several ways, however, let's face it, when things are going right think of the $money$ that flows into the developer's pocket???

I have no problem for paying for services that I receive however, when the services CEASE I must question the costs!

Last edited by Moderator; 03-31-2020 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Some amenities may not be fully utilized or closed does not mean there is no expense for upkeep/maintenance.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladila2 View Post
Just a thought.....We, as residents of "The Villages" have been without any amenities due to the Virus. Why should we pay for "services" that we do not receive? You can treat this question in several ways, however, let's face it, when things are going right think of the $money$ that flows into the developer's pocket???

I have no problem for paying for services that I receive however, when the services CEASE I must question the costs!
I guess you missed this thread...………………..
Villages Amenity fees during CV crisis
Old 04-01-2020, 03:26 PM
Sage

I remember years ago when someone thought TV would be a ghost town when the IRS was trying to impose a tax and people were up in arms. They thought the Morse family would bail but that didn't happen either.

It seems we are set in perpetuity as the generations of Morse children and grandchildren will keep things running long after we are all gone!

I"ve never lived in a place that was kept this immaculate!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladila2 View Post

Please learn what your amenity fees support before making comments like this. Check the treads on this topic. My question which people who support suspending the amenity fees never seem to answer is; is it ok if the fire department or the paramedics do not show up because of not having funds to support their departments? These services are supported by amenity fees.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Please learn what your amenity fees support before making comments like this. Check the treads on this topic. My question which people who support suspending the amenity fees never seem to answer is; is it ok if the fire department or the paramedics do not show up because of not having funds to support their departments? These services are supported by amenity fees.
What more can I say other than thank you!!
Old 04-01-2020, 04:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I support your thoughts, but I must correct you. Amenity fees do not pay for Villages fire safety and EMS service.

The amenity fees provide funding for items such as common area maintenance, community watch, recreation centers and activities, water retention areas, gate and postal facility maintenance and executive golf courses.
The amenity fee revenue from the Village Center residents or those living north of CR 466 is collected in the Recreation Amenities Division Fund that is normally called the RAD fund.
The amenity fee revenue from the Sumter Landing residents or those living south of CR 466 is collected in the Sumter Landing Amenities Division Fund that is normally called SLAD.

The Villages Fire Protection District is funded by a Non-Ad Valorem assessment which appears on your annual property tax bill.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:09 PM
Default morse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpygreens View Post
Publix is foregoing rent from merchants in the shopping centers they own. It wouldn't surprise me to someday learn that the Morse family did something similar for the tenants in the commercial properties they own. The town squares are one of the big things that makes The Villages truly unique over other retirement developments. If they turn into ghost towns, selling a home here will be much more difficult and property values will reflect it.
it would shock me absolutely and positively for them to forego even one penny -- I lived in a community where the developers were done when they were done and that will happen here -- hope we are a city by them
Old 04-01-2020, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet10s View Post
it would shock me absolutely and positively for them to forego even one penny -- I lived in a community where the developers were done when they were done and that will happen here -- hope we are a city by them
Hopefully that will never happen....and your comment is speculation, which is in the spirit of this site.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-01-2020, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet10s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Hopefully that will never happen....and your comment is speculation, which is in the spirit of this site.
Jomar agree with you. Basing what will happen here, on what happened with some two-bit developer is pure speculation.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Actually, one of the reasons I bought in TV last year was because the developer family is still active here. There was rumor sometime before that they have finished build out, made me uncomfortable with the idea who will take over. When you think of what this area was like before development.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage

I was told build-out would be finished in 2012!!! Bought in 2013.

I am still waiting!!!

Build-out is a myth according to one long time poster.

I feel comfortable to say build-out will not occur in my lifetime!!!

There is too much money to be made for the Morse family to even consider walking away. IMHO

I believe they said in their annual meeting several years back, their grandchildren will continue to run TV.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-02-2020, 03:41 PM
Sage

The primary, perhaps only, reason for the CDD form of "government" is to ensure the amenities will be maintained after the Developer leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Actually, one of the reasons I bought in TV last year was because the developer family is still active here. There was rumor sometime before that they have finished build out, made me uncomfortable with the idea who will take over. When you think of what this area was like before development.
Closed Thread

Tags
family, morse, offer, lifestyle, personally

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.