THE most irritating 3 words in Sports

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2019, 05:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

IMHO, the U.S. Open's primary broadcast team... leaves a whole lot to be desired.

Evey time I hear Joe Buck's voice, I expect to be watching a World Series and hearing..."it's a home run."

Azinger tries too hard to be as controversial as Miller (without the talent/career) and his color commentary, is filled with a lot of nasty/demeaning comments toward certain players...not interesting insider info.

And the last person who should be making any comments about players showing anger/displeasure after a shot is Curtis Strange, who almost invented...the modern-day player petulance.

The one bright spot to me, is having the noted architect Gil Hanse on staff who provides an authoritative voice on aspects that the average golfer...may never have thought about.

All in all though...I'm personally not impressed.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Since moving to TV 6 years ago we have taken up golf and enjoy watching LPGA and PGA, especially the Majors.

Who else is TOTALLY irritated, when watching talented pros, and constantly hearing "IN THE HOLE!!!".

Bad enough after a chip to the green- but after a drive from a par 4 or 5? And this seems to escalate later after the consumption of adult beverages.

grrrrrr
You are so correct, how aggravating. Never happened that I can recall in the days Of Wide World Of Sports. I'm with you.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
IMHO, the U.S. Open's primary broadcast team... leaves a whole lot to be desired.

Evey time I hear Joe Buck's voice, I expect to be watching a World Series and hearing..."it's a home run."

Azinger tries too hard to be as controversial as Miller (without the talent/career) and his color commentary, is filled with a lot of nasty/demeaning comments toward certain players...not interesting insider info.

And the last person who should be making any comments about players showing anger/displeasure after a shot is Curtis Strange, who almost invented...the modern-day player petulance.

The one bright spot to me, is having the noted architect Gil Hanse on staff who provides an authoritative voice on aspects that the average golfer...may never have thought about.

All in all though...I'm personally not impressed.
Personally I'm AOK with the Fox TV coverage. But it was special to see and hear Jim Nantz from CBS in the Fox booth as a guest for 15 minutes yesterday - He is the BEST. He has a home on Pebble.

I simply cannot stomach the STUPID yellouts by some in the galleries - I wish the networks would develop an audio AI system to mute them out.

OH, BTW - it is NOT simply California galleries - it's nationwide. Simple solution- supply a roll of duct tape for every volunteer, law enforcement, ushers, etc. Locate the offending 'yeller' - place 8" strip over their mouth. Any attempt to utter 'IN THE HOLE' again - another one over the nostrils.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:47 AM
Platinum member
Default Masters

Notice that this behavior is not present at the Masters? That is because it is NOT tolerated. Etiquette is very important to the powers that be there. The PGA should do the same for all tournaments. As someone pointed out, the idiots just want to hear themselves on the recording when they get home. I'm just waiting for someone right at the tee box to yell something in a crucial match. Maybe then, the golfers themselves will get something done about it. The yellers, not cheering fans AFTER a shot, should be immediately ejected from the grounds for the remainder of the tournament.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-16-2019, 12:29 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Throw out the loud mouth bums
Old 06-16-2019, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

When I golf the only 3 words I hear is "It went where!!"

Tags
watching, green-, chip, constantly, pros

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.