Motorcycle Clubs, Members, and Activities

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2008, 12:05 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund
Default Motorcycle Clubs, Members, and Activities

I understand there are two motorcycle clubs in TV, one for Harleys and another for all the other brands. What I am wondering is does anyone know how many members each has? What are the activities of the clubs, do they have rides and go out for meals? Finally, are there regular club meetings and where are they held?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Default Re: Motorcycle Clubs, Members, and Activities

My husband has a Harley. He recently joined The Nomads in The Villages and said there are Harley's, Honda's, BMW's, etc; in other words a little bit of everything. They meet for breakfast rides twice a week and also go on short and long trips. There is always a full description of the club's activities in the Recreation News that we receive each Thurs with the Daily Sun. Not sure how many members, but I gather it is a good size club.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Sage

MSNPA,

Do you ride with him? We were thinking of buying a bike when we get there for short trips with the club. I love to ride even tho it scares me to death.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:16 AM

Nonie,
I use to love to be on the back of the Harley. A few years ago we lost it on gravel and we skidded across the road sideways! I had road rash even though I was dressed appropriately. I have been scared ever since and have not gotten back on. Being here in Florida the roads are great so eventually I may tackle my fear and get back on. I really miss it.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund

MSNPA,

Thanks for the information on the clubs. I find it interesting that Harleys would join the Nomad club. I wonder if there are any non Harleys in the Harley club.

I have ridden for years and luckily never gone down. But I have friends that have and it is kind of like riding a horse. If you fall you need to get back on. lol

You mention the roads are nice in FL, but how is the traffic and do they respect motorcycles? I have heard that traffic can be quite heavy at times.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Banned

When it comes to others on the road, it's no better or worse in FL than anywhere else.

"Florida Ice" (that slick residue right after a rain) catches folk for a surprise - cagers and bikers. Also, summertime heat coming off the road is more intense, so proper hydration and road glare are more of a consideration than in other locales. Add to that, for air-cooled bikes it can be more of a concern to be stuck in long-term traffic jams.

While those may be the negatives, the positives include a long-time (11 month, 3 1/2 week) riding season (I avoid 4th of July) and many places to visit. Bike Week and Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach have to be seen to be appreciated.

Keep the rubber side down....

Old 01-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

MSNPA

You have to remember that us Harley riders don't really want to be seen with those crotch rockets. They can go faster, corner better, and beat us off the line. BUT we can just rumble along with that wap wap wap sound, set off car alarms, look bad, and just enjoy the ride. And besides it's a culture thing, keep the Harleys with the Harleys, the others with the others. There are just some things that are sacred.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Default Motorcycle clubs

I am not a TV resident , but in my two visits I learned that there is a club for Honda Goldwingers, and the Nomads for all makes. I'm sure their must be HOG and other clubs in the area. I am also an MSF ( Motorcycle Safety Foundation) nationaly certified Rider/Coach, teaching in NJ. I am very startled and distressed by the number of riders I have seen in this state that are riding ill prepared for any road mishap. I urge all riders to take the MSF course either BRC (basic), or ERC( experienced), and to use this knowledge to ride safely.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Veteran member

Where can I find more information, perhaps a link to the Nomads club? I did a search and this thread is all I found.

We are coming down in September for a LSV and would be interested in meeting up with some members of the Nomad group. My husband is not 100% sold on TV yet, but I'm thinking if he could meet up with some Harley riders he would be!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Nomads The Villages, Florida
Old 08-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Sage

The Nomads are for all brands and I would guess about 80% of them are Harleys. Last I heard they had over 300 members.

The Villages Goldwing Association with is over 100 members and being a Goldwing club you must ride a Goldwing to ride with them.

Both clubs have several rides every week including breakfast, lunch and dinner depending on the time of year.
Being a resident of The Villages is a requirement of both clubs.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:23 AM
Cool motorcycle clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetterlund View Post
I understand there are two motorcycle clubs in TV, one for Harleys and another for all the other brands. What I am wondering is does anyone know how many members each has? What are the activities of the clubs, do they have rides and go out for meals? Finally, are there regular club meetings and where are they held?
Hi rsetterlund, There are a couple of bike clubs here. We don't belong to any of them but we would like to find someone to ride with. If you would like to meet when you come down just pm us. We are from Plaistow NH and have been here since Jan. My other half Dave is from Medford Ma originally.

As far as I know, there is no Hog club.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:30 AM
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNPA View Post
Nonie,
I use to love to be on the back of the Harley. A few years ago we lost it on gravel and we skidded across the road sideways! I had road rash even though I was dressed appropriately. I have been scared ever since and have not gotten back on. Being here in Florida the roads are great so eventually I may tackle my fear and get back on. I really miss it.
MSNPA,

We too have gone down a couple of years ago. On our own street a few house from home. A dog, Aridale came out and bit the front wheel backed off and attacked again. We went down. Had all the right gear on but still got hurt. My other half broke his clavicle in 4 places and I fractured my wrist and tore my meniscus. It took me a couple of months to get back on the bike but I did. Its like falling off a horse. You need to get back on. Trust me, you will not regret it.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

There used to be a company that advertised little inexpensive motor bikes on this sites. Does anyone know the name of the site?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.