motorcycle repair

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2020, 05:29 PM
Default motorcycle repair

My friend Wayne is having trouble with his Honda Goldwing motorcycle... upon inserting key, has no power, suspect blown main fuse.... but cannot remove the fuse to replace it... Anyone have any idea???
Old 10-01-2020, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

Why can’t he remove the fuse? Maybe the battery is dead. How does he known the main fuse is blown? Was it on a charger? Has he been riding it lately? What year is it? The newest ones have a smart key and then it’s a whole different problem.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,999 Times in 2,198 Posts

I am assuming this is the blade type fuse, these can usually be persuaded to come our with a set of pliers. You may want to disconnect the battery first in case the fuse breaks. Also, these type of fuse usually have small metal contacts at the top that you can use a voltmeter to read voltage across the fuse (indicates a blown fuse), or use and ohmmeter to see if the fuse is still intact (near 0 ohms reading). Hope this helps.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I am assuming this is the blade type fuse, these can usually be persuaded to come our with a set of pliers. You may want to disconnect the battery first in case the fuse breaks. Also, these type of fuse usually have small metal contacts at the top that you can use a voltmeter to read voltage across the fuse (indicates a blown fuse), or use and ohmmeter to see if the fuse is still intact (near 0 ohms reading). Hope this helps.
It maybe fuseable link somewhere in the harness? Too lazy to google Honda gold wing electrical harness, plus he didn’t mention the year?
Old 10-02-2020, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsoleil52@yahoo.com View Post
My friend Wayne is having trouble with his Honda Goldwing motorcycle... upon inserting key, has no power, suspect blown main fuse.... but cannot remove the fuse to replace it... Anyone have any idea???
I would first load test the battery.
Closed Thread

Tags
fuse, motorcycle, power, replace, remove

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.