Wow! Firehouse Subs Went Belly-Up In A Hurry

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Wow! Firehouse Subs Went Belly-Up In A Hurry

We stopped for a couple of good old Chicago hot dogs at Big City Grill yesterday and asked where their new shop would be on the Spanish Springs town square. They said right where Firehouse Subs used to be. It seems like Firehouse Subs only opened a few months ago, but I'll admit that time flies when you're having fun. We never did buy any subs there; maybe there were too many people like us. What the heck happened? The franchisee has another shop on 441. How come this one went belly up so quickly? They had to have a pretty good understanding of the market. Comments?
Old 03-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts
Default Re: Wow! Firehouse Subs Went Belly-Up In A Hurry

Firehouse subs are great in our neck of the woods.
However, I'm always partial to a Chicago hot dog.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Platinum member

Wow, That was quick! Ate there twice. Great subs, but with TooJays across the street, they were faced with major competition. (pastrami at TooJays!) mmmmm Just my opinion. Also, I hear the rents are extremely high.....The Bistro is still empty!! With the economy slowing, and costs rising, I feel developer owned properties should charge rents, accordingly. Lets face it, an occupied building profits more than an empty one. Anyone trying to start a business here in TV must take into account the much slower summer season to thrive and support themselves. Just my personal opinion. Good luck to Big City Grill. I will check them out. Should I have a Chicago hot dog??
Old 03-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Must take a lot of salomi to overtake lease payments....

Kinda like the bologna on here...........

burp fumar
Old 03-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Platinum member

Be more specific....where's the baloney? :dontknow:
Old 03-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokinronda
Wow, That was quick! Ate there twice. Great subs, but with TooJays across the street, they were faced with major competition. (pastrami at TooJays!) mmmmm Just my opinion. Also, I hear the rents are extremely high.....The Bistro is still empty!! With the economy slowing, and costs rising, I feel developer owned properties should charge rents, accordingly. Lets face it, an occupied building profits more than an empty one. Anyone trying to start a business here in TV must take into account the much slower summer season to thrive and support themselves. Just my personal opinion. Good luck to Big City Grill. I will check them out. Should I have a Chicago hot dog??

Have the Italian Beef sandwich with sweet peppers, light on the Au Jus (they will make it too sloppy if you let them). Also, ask for fresh French fries.

Maybe the new store in SS will accept credit cards and have strictly Chicago scenes on the walls instead of having New York and Harlem in addition to the State Street scene.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Veteran member

Wow, gone before I could try them out!! I guess we all should have been a little more supportive. TooJay's was too much competition, I hope this never happens to them because I love their food.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 03-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Sage

I think Toojay's is good, but can't compare to New York Deli or Carnegie Deli. I love Big City Diner. Beef combo with sweet peppers and fries! Grew up on that in Chicago. :#1:
Old 03-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Eternal Member

ASs I mentione d in another post, this is the third restaurant to try tihis location. Any bets on when it goes belly up?

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:18 AM
Platinum member

Carnegie!!! We love NY city and went often! I remember it well! Sandwich was about 4 inches thick? How about NY System weiners??? Very popular in RI. , Frozen Del's lemonade!! Actually would love a Dunkin Donuts in SS. mmmmm I just gained 5 pounds and now I'm thinking it is time for another New England restaurant run! IT IS 1 AM!!! Goodness I'm addicted to TOTV!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
I think Toojay's is good, but can't compare to New York Deli or Carnegie Deli. I love Big City Diner. Beef combo with sweet peppers and fries! Grew up on that in Chicago. :#1:
Chel,
I agree..Too Jays can no way compare with NYC's Deli's..The knishes aren't even that great..If a real NY Deli opened next to Too Jays, well......

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 03-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman
ASs I mentione d in another post, this is the third restaurant to try tihis location. Any bets on when it goes belly up?
Curious as to why that is. If I remember correctly, I went to the Mexican edition the night I closed on my house in Aug, '05. I thought the food was good and liked having the live entertainment across the street. Seemed very much "The Villages!!"

Never went back. Don't know why. I liked it. I like Mexican food. I ate at other places around the square. But I never went back to that place. :dontknow:
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 03-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Muncle..It is very strange..I walked by Firehouse so many times and never stopped in either..Why is that?? I never even tried their subs..

We have been to every place on the square for lunch, but never tried Firehouse...
The strange thing is, I never had a Firehouse sub..... :dontknow:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 03-10-2008, 01:58 PM

Firehouse Subs, they must not have had any two for one coupons available for the residents to use.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Sage

We have eaten at Firehouse Subs many times and think their great! For those who liked them there is one in the Lowe's plaza on 441.

However..... I may just be making a comparison to subs back home which I think are really bad. Dont care for upstate N.Y. subs at all altho Im sure there are those which will disagree with me.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.