Mount Dora???

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2008, 01:17 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Mount Dora???

Oops, sorry I forgot to report in. :P doh
Mt Dora was very nice, though a bit tourisy. I expected more antique and shabby chic type shops. It is a very old town with downtown buildings from the 40's era that have been restored. The town square is above the shopping area and below the Town Hall which strongly resembles a Plantation House. Very old Florida.
The lake is much larger than I thought.Most homes have docks and a power boat, some even enclosed with screen houses for entertaining. We found a perimeter road that we followed around maybe half the lake. Scattered along the road were a varirty of homes from gated mansions to summer cottages.
We ate in a pub style restaurant( can't remember the name) in the shopping area, fair prices and good salads (which we had)and probably burgers, although that is a guess.
I would love to go back and have dinner at a restaurant called Picses Rising. It is at the "bottom" of town just across from the lake. Menu looked good and the patio faces west so they suggest dinner there while watching the sunset over the lake. Could be really spetacular.
I would definately recommend a trip to Mt Dora.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady
Mt Dora was very nice, though a bit tourisy. We ate in a pub style restaurant( can't remember the name) in the shopping area, fair prices and good salads (which we had)and probably burgers, although that is a guess.
Beady and I ate at The Frosted Mug (not on the Lake). We walked down to see Pisces Rising and both agreed it would be a great place to watch the sun setting over the Lake. The weather was beautiful, we had a great time walking around.

Barefoot :bigthumbsup:
Old 01-10-2008, 03:22 AM
Sage

Barefoot,

so glad you enjoyed it. I guess I am very fortunate to have my daughter living right on Lake Dora. Have watched the sunset many times and will never take the beauty for granted. Now promise youll take another trip back with Beady & me sometime, we can even stop off at my daughters house and have some ice tea on her lanai!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:27 AM

There is a fantastic nature walk along the lake right near downtown Mt Dora. If you want to see eagles, alligators, hugh bald cypress, herons, storks etc it is really woth the time. It's just east the downtown area near the park and boat launch.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie
Barefoot,

so glad you enjoyed it. I guess I am very fortunate to have my daughter living right on Lake Dora. Have watched the sunset many times and will never take the beauty for granted. Now promise youll take another trip back with Beady & me sometime, we can even stop off at my daughters house and have some ice tea on her lanai!
Nonie, lookin forward to it, hurry on down. :bigthumbsup:

BF
Old 01-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

The Villages FloridaAll these beautiful nature walks,The Villages Florida the Old Town and The Villages Floridasunsets to see while sitting in the restaurant..

Here I sit looking at filthy melting snow,The Villages Florida trees with out leaves, The Villages Floridaand the weather calling for more snow, and last but certainly not least...THE FLU...The Villages Florida

Calgon..take me away..The Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 01-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Gold member

Nonie,
Thanks I would love to go back to Mt Dora and sip iced tea with you, your daughter and Barefoot. We'll make a date as soon as you arrive.
Beady
Old 03-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Taltarzac

Went to Mt. Dora with visiting relatives yesterday. Nice trip once you got there. Ate at Pisces Rising which was quite nice. The waitress even gave a quick tour of the restaurant Pisces Rising which is an old house converted to a restaurant.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Sage

Tal,

How long did it take you to get there???

Old 03-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie
Tal,

How long did it take you to get there???
We got lost going there, but would say that it should only take about 45 minutes. Depends on the traffic though.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Platinum member

The art festival is great! love art! I have eaten at Pisces, very good food, and atmosphere. . Some of the cafe places are a bit pricey. Also, downtown area heading east is a restaurant/bar called Jeremiahs On N. Highland Ave. It is a family style place that we have lunch often when on the road working. (yesterday actually) Nothing fancy, but a local favorite. They have a chicken walnut apple salad that I love. Hub has the chunky beef chimichanga. The menu has a wide variety and is inexpensive! Many leave w/doggy bags.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokinronda
The art festival is great! love art! I have eaten at Pisces, very good food, and atmosphere. . Some of the cafe places are a bit pricey. Also, downtown area heading east is a restaurant/bar called Jeremiahs On N. Highland Ave. It is a family style place that we have lunch often when on the road working. (yesterday actually) Nothing fancy, but a local favorite. They have a chicken walnut apple salad that I love. Hub has the chunky beef chimichanga. The menu has a wide variety and is inexpensive! Many leave w/doggy bags.
Jeremiahs also has fantastic corned beef and cabbage on St. Pattys day, but you have to be willing to take the 45 minute ride.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Gold member

Nonie,
We still need to make a date to go on down to Mt Dora. I guess we got caught up in the frenzy of the Villages. : :
Old 03-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Sage

Yes Beady definitely. Frenzy isnt the word, I cant even find time to do the laundry or clean my house. I feel like Im losing my mind dont even know what day it is!! I think Im over-doing it a bit!!! I need to go back north for a rest.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Sage

Nonie, you need to come and take Yoga. Beady and I go on Wednesdays, and find it very relaxing. Also I find the dog park a great place to chill out.

I'll bet we all overdo it when we arrive in TV thinking we can jam in everything. I'm thinking it would be great to actually spend time at the pool for a change!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.