Movie Pass

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2018, 08:18 PM
Default Movie Pass

The app is no longer dependable and so it's becomes
impossible to make plans to see a movie.
All of the movie times are available first thing in the day then by time time that your ready to head out to see a movie all of the movie times have disappeared.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:59 PM

Same thing happed to us
Old 08-14-2018, 09:05 PM
Sage

Lots of discussion about this here: Sorry MoviePass users - New Limits announced
Old 08-14-2018, 09:10 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimondAngels View Post
The app is no longer dependable and so it's becomes
impossible to make plans to see a movie.
All of the movie times are available first thing in the day then by time time that your ready to head out to see a movie all of the movie times have disappeared.
Ditto here too. We would like to see Mission Impossible before MP goes belly-up...unfortunately can't do that until Friday. Unsure if they will make that long. Appears to me that MP is trying to rake in as much revenue as they can and expend as little expense now in order to pay the execs. They've really unwound their improbable business model the last couple months. It's inevitable MP is gone soon.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Article from today in Business Insider about their cash burn

Helios and Matheson reveals cash shortage in its second-quarter report - Business Insider
Old 08-15-2018, 08:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Looked at MoviePass app just now for our 3 TV theaters...Rather than showing each movie and the daily showings (as they did weeks/months ago in better MP times)... here's what the app shows>

1. Barnstorm - "There are no more screenings at this theater".

2. Old Mill - Crazy Rich Asians, at 3 showings rest of today.

3. Rialto - The Meg, 3 showings.

So at ALL 3 TV theaters a total of TWO movies available today. BTW this is EXACTLY what Mitch Lowe indicated during a recent comm a couple days ago>>>

After announcing a price increase and then immediately reversing it at the end of July, MoviePass spent yet another weekend making headlines for all the wrong reasons. According to a New York Post report, the service crashed once again on Friday, but before it went down, users discovered that they were only being offered two possible screenings: the poorly-reviewed Slender Man and Mission: Impossible – Fallout at inconvenient hours.

“Unfortunately, in order to stay financially stable we’ve had to curtail the service,” MoviePass CEO Mitch Lowe said to the Post. “We had to right the ship as far as the amount of money we were burning.”
Old 08-15-2018, 11:29 AM
Sage

Has anyone successfully used moviepass in the last couple of days? I tried today with the modest offerings but could not connect at the theater. I have an annual pass.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:44 PM

Movie Pass is dying everywhere....they are having huge financial problems and are not predicted to make it. Nice idea, but lousy execution.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:03 PM
Veteran member

MoviePass began limiting movie access daily since Thursday August 9th. They had previously limited access over the August 4th weekend as a lead up.

I had no problem with limiting access to newly released movies or potentially having an upcharge to see it sooner rather than later. However, given that MoviePass has made it near impossible to see a movie without jumping through hoops, I am another who will be suspending/canceling my MoviePass as soon as my current monthly subscription ends. I don't trust MoviePass to suddenly go back and provide access to movies like before (I am referring to movie availability, not quantity of movies we are allowed to see). I refuse to front them my hard earned money and hope that all will be well. Who knows? Maybe they can turn the ship around, but I prefer to get on the life raft now rather than seeing if this sinking ship can plug the holes in time to keep afloat.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

Just checked MoviePass at 8:41 AM and no movies available at Sumter, only one movie at each of the other Villages theaters, and the box office hasn't even opened yet. Clearly they are trying to control their cash burn rate. Only a few more days for me and I probably won't be able to get a movie ticket with the weekend upon us. At least I did get my money's worth this cycle.....
Old 08-16-2018, 09:18 AM

I canceled my subscription for the same reason
Old 08-17-2018, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

The service has made another change - only allowing users to pick from a selection of six film titles, which change day-to-day. The movies are pre-selected by the company and published on its website a week in advance. For MoviePass subscribers who haven’t abandoned their membership, this means they either have to wait for the specific day that MoviePass offers their desired movie (if it’s even available) or they must watch whatever the company is offering on the day they go to the theater.

My schedule doesn't allow a lot of flexibility in seeing movies on various days of the week. This new plan won't work for me. I will probably cancel my subscription as well. Sounds like the company is about ready to go belly up.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
The service has made another change - only allowing users to pick from a selection of six film titles, which change day-to-day. The movies are pre-selected by the company and published on its website a week in advance. For MoviePass subscribers who haven’t abandoned their membership, this means they either have to wait for the specific day that MoviePass offers their desired movie (if it’s even available) or they must watch whatever the company is offering on the day they go to the theater.

My schedule doesn't allow a lot of flexibility in seeing movies on various days of the week. This new plan won't work for me. I will probably cancel my subscription as well. Sounds like the company is about ready to go belly up.

Since they change their plans so frequently...it’s a moving target. People on a monthly plan will transition to the three a month movie plan on their next payment date. That was supposed to come with no time or movie choice limits. My last monthly was on 8/8, so I assume I will be on the limited choices until 9/8 when the new terms kick in. Of course, that’s assuming they are still in business and don’t change the terms again. It was enough for me to give it another month to see how the three a month plan works out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2018, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

For MP purchasers at Costco:

I got my 2 x MP from Costco in Jan. (1yr upfront $89x2 cards) We saw 4 movies then around April it started going down the tubes. I just ignored it until last weekend when there were ZERO movies available for 39 miles around TV. I went on Costco's website Monday and looked up my order knowing how good Costco's CS is hoping for some sort of refund. They actually offered a refund on the website (no phone calls needed) in my order listing but PRO-RATED for time used. I figured that was fair enough, I'd get back $45 (~25%) of the $180 I spent, better than nothing and fair enough.

Send cards back Monday afternoon and surprisingly 2 days after sending back my 2 cards with their pre-paid UPS label and before it even got to their central warehouse in NJ I had a refund posted for the full $180 while only expecting $45.

So if you are tired of dealing with the MP BS and bought the 1yr passes for $89 each from Costco go online to your account and request a return.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
For MP purchasers at Costco:

I got my 2 x MP from Costco in Jan. (1yr upfront $89x2 cards) We saw 4 movies then around April it started going down the tubes. I just ignored it until last weekend when there were ZERO movies available for 39 miles around TV. I went on Costco's website Monday and looked up my order knowing how good Costco's CS is hoping for some sort of refund. They actually offered a refund on the website (no phone calls needed) in my order listing but PRO-RATED for time used. I figured that was fair enough, I'd get back $45 (~25%) of the $180 I spent, better than nothing and fair enough.

Send cards back Monday afternoon and surprisingly 2 days after sending back my 2 cards with their pre-paid UPS label and before it even got to their central warehouse in NJ I had a refund posted for the full $180 while only expecting $45.

So if you are tired of dealing with the MP BS and bought the 1yr passes for $89 each from Costco go online to your account and request a return.
I gotta join Costco.
Closed Thread

Tags
movie, times, time, pass, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.