Movie Pass, too good to be true?

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2018, 07:58 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by remarks006 View Post
Does the movie pass work at the AMC THEATER in Leesburg?
LMGTFY
Old 07-30-2018, 09:24 AM

So sad I had no problem but I last saw a film a week ago, before the glitches started.

Hopefully they will do something. Make it one movie a week? Double the $9.95 price? Something more than just ban new releases and not allow the same movie twice.

I notice mention of AMC Leesburg. Do people pull out cell phones there? I moved from New Jersey where I stopped going to movies due to cell phones. Don't others realize it is like shining a flashlight in your eyes? This is true in every theater when the culprit is anywhere in front of you. It is especially true in a rocking chair theater when the culprit is near. It completely breaks the spell of the film.

Cell phones should never be checked for texts and messages during a movie. Would you turn on a flashlight during a movie? (I know ushers occasionally come through but would you?) If not, then do not turn on your cell phone.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by erojohn View Post
E-ticketing remains fully functional today.
Has anyone used e-ticketing with Moviepass? How do you do it?

"Sometimes, we receive a bad showtime feed. In these instances, just use the "unlisted showtime" button in the app to check into your movie. "

Has anyone ever used or even seen the the unlisted showtime button?

Last edited by tomwed; 07-30-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:01 AM

We have enjoyed Movie Pass now for about 6 months but probable won't renew after my one year is up. Movie Pass is not allowing us the opportunity to see the latest Mission Impossible movie, which is understandable, but they have not communicated at all to us about a timeline when the movie will become available to us subscribers. Not good PR!! Also, they had to borrow $5 mil. dollars on Friday to stay afloat. Not a good sign.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:32 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Price is going to $15 & they will be limiting movies.

New plan to survive.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Price is going to $15 & they will be limiting movies.

New plan to survive.
I wonder if the most popular movies at the most popular times will be unblocked if you go to a morning show. Or if they will be unblocked 2 weeks after they open.

I also wonder if they will charge an extra $5 to those of us with year long contracts.

Now that I've got the bug---I would hate to loose going so often. You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Last edited by tomwed; 07-31-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:52 PM
Veteran member

MoviePass has implemented several new cost-reduction and subscription revenue increase measures:

Actions that have been implemented are currently cutting the monthly burn by 60%.
A future increase of the standard pricing plan to $14.95 per month within the next 30 days.
First Run Movies opening on 1,000+ Screens to be limited in their availability during the first two weeks, unless made available on a promotional basis,
Implementation of additional tactics to prevent abuse of the MoviePass service.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:42 AM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

I just received an email from Movie Pass this morning. Basically, an apology to members for the past couple weeks of interrupted services and lack of customer service. But they also stated that they are going to restrict use for certain movies, like the new Mission Impossible, and also restrict viewing times. Not all screen times will be accessible by Movie Pass. They are reviewing their business model.
I cancelled. They are toast.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:53 AM
Sage

Doesn't restricted use mean I have to wait 2 weeks after a Blockbuster opens or I can only see it during matinee time?

But I can see the other ones in the evening too everyday?

I get all that for 50 cents a day?

That's like free exec golf. Moviepass isn't going to make any money with me as a member I'm hoping Golden Corral comes up with a Buffetpass.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

We have been MP annual members since Jan 10th. Paid $90. I have seen 73 movies since then, Jurassic World today, after being out of town for a week and reading all the nasty MP happenings. So yes, I'm certainly one of the folks draining MP $$$$. But with the time and nearby theaters...

Today MP worked perfectly at Old Mill. Got onto the app pronto, theater, then movie selection. Within 1 min. at box office to get ticket. Will continue to use MP until they (no doubt) go belly up.

Personally I WOULD NOT invest in an annual plan, but absolutely would spend the $15/mo.

Still irritates me that each TV theater charges the full $9 per ticket, even with the TV ID card - should be $8.50. I've called them on it many times - but they continue to gouge MP. The theaters will get a huge negative hit when MP dies. I would see perhaps 5 movies per year then. Matter of time - their business plan cannot succeed.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:00 PM
Sage

Earlier today there were 5 movies I could see at the 3 different theaters 5 or 6pm. Before I left my house I looked again on the phone and now only movies starting 8:30 or later are showing up. Anyone else having that problem?
Old 08-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Earlier today there were 5 movies I could see at the 3 different theaters 5 or 6pm. Before I left my house I looked again on the phone and now only movies starting 8:30 or later are showing up. Anyone else having that problem?

There is no problem - the MP app will show ONLY those time showings during the rest of the day. If it's past the start time, they will only show those avail until the day's end.

Tags
moviepass, additional, subscribers, demand, peak

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.