Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Default moving direct tv dish

I have heard that you can move your direct TV account
to another location(vacation home) for the summer. Anyone
here that has info on that?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Bosoxfan

Yes, we had another dish at our camper in New Hampshire. We would bring a receiver with us, then call and tell them our new zip code. That would swap the local channels back up to New Hampshire for the summer. Never a problem. One account, two locations.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Yes, we had another dish at our camper in New Hampshire. We would bring a receiver with us, then call and tell them our new zip code. That would swap the local channels back up to New Hampshire for the summer. Never a problem. One account, two locations.
What if one is staying in Florida and one will be in the RV in another state? Can the service work in both places at the same time? I realize that one will most likely not get local channels...but that's ok. Will this work?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post

If you have DirecTV back home, look into their Movers Connection program. They'll do a free antenna install (roof mount - pole mount in the ground is extra) at your TV house and allow you to bring your receiver(s) from home down to TV and pick up the satellite signal there. No additional charges! But you can only have service active at one location or the other - can't leave one receiver back home being used while also using one in TV. You'll also be able to receive the local stations in central FL while you're in TV. A phone call to them each time you're switching service locations is all you need to do to make that happen - PM me for details of how to make that call very simple as it can get to be time consuming if you don't get hold of the right people with DirecTV!

You can check into this by going to DIRECTV Movers Deal™ -- Special Offers When Moving With Your DIRECTV Service of calling them at (888) DTV-MOVE. It's intended as a program to keep customers when they move to a new home. But they do also allow it for people who are going to be maintaining a second vacation home.

Bill
Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
What if one is staying in Florida and one will be in the RV in another state? Can the service work in both places at the same time? I realize that one will most likely not get local channels...but that's ok. Will this work?
As long as the receiver is active it will work .We had 2 receivers at our camp, suspended one when we headed south.Once we werein Florida we activated the recivers here which gave us the Florida locals.The receiver up north lost the locals but still received all the other channels
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
As long as the receiver is active it will work .We had 2 receivers at our camp, suspended one when we headed south.Once we werein Florida we activated the recivers here which gave us the Florida locals.The receiver up north lost the locals but still received all the other channels
So, I'll be able to have use of the TV in the RV and the home here at the same time? Pardon my stupidity regarding technical stuff.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Gold member

Direct TV told me that I had to take all receivers with me. I couldn't leave on in Florida and take one to NY.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
So, I'll be able to have use of the TV in the RV and the home here at the same time? Pardon my stupidity regarding technical stuff.
2 years ago you could...I don't know if things have changed.Call & ask them
Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
Here is a website that gives you all the information needed. Have a great day. DIRECTV Movers Deal™ -- Special Offers When Moving With Your DIRECTV Service
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.