Originally Posted by GeriS View Post
Then why is there pig dna in it?
Source, please
Old 03-26-2021, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Maybe because it woke up her immune system?

Saw a study reporting a trend for 40-50% of long haulers reporting improvement after vaccination.
There is no known cause for stucco keratosis, but one theory is that HPV is the etiologic agent (Human Papillomavirus). If so, it's not out of the realm of possibility that a mRNA vaccine against a coronavirus has some crossover effect on HPV.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:38 AM

So many doctors, so little knowledge
Old 03-26-2021, 06:39 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Many doctors disagree with other doctors, which are correct? This may be the best thing since sliced bread but I do not want to be the experiment that finds out.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I have no opinion one way or the other regarding the vaccine being gene therapy, I haven’t researched it.

I am surprised, though, that a gal I know had developed a skin condition called “stucco” a few years ago and was lamenting she wouldn’t be wearing shorts this summer because of it. A week after the vaccine shot, the stucco disappeared from her legs and arms. It’s completely gone and she is thrilled. Nothing else in her life had been done differently. Any theories from the medical pros here?
The vaccine is not Gene therapy as stated in the OP.
I am not a pro, although I did quite a lot of the biology in College and worked in the medical field beside genius level medical doctors. I went to the technical side rather than the medical part though. I'm not in that now though, but I have a pretty good background in it.

I say that because I built medical billing systems and I was the guy who had to understand everything. I recall seeing Stucco on one of the GPs medical record technical audits. A technical audit was simply running a database against a different database to make sure that the submitted records wouldn't bounce back from the insurance upload. This one did(Stucco??? You doing a remodel??), so I figured it was an error or typo and I learned something new!

I recall that this condition spontaneously remits most of the time. I also recall being told that having a different condition that makes you sick, can cause it to remit. This is probably because the condition affects the outer dermis and it isn't well vascularized. Meaning that in times of sickness, when your immune system is pumping out a LOT of T-cells, they might take notice of it and clear it up.

The same thing happens with warts. I recall one patient who had warts all over, including her face. They tried all the creams and a few internal drugs to some limited success. Ultimately that failed, so every couple months she came in to get the worst ones cut off her face. I remember the head doctor found one that was super deep and bled a lot. The nurses were unhappy with all the blood. Anyway, a few weeks later, her entire body cleared it! He told me that he finally got the immune reaction he was looking for since the virus was finally seen.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:57 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,557 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
And yet there will still be people who insist it's an elephant
Very true. There are many who will find the most obscure articles from a rag newspaper written by a malcontent and believe everyword of it
Old 03-26-2021, 07:13 AM
Veteran member
Default Vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I'll say NOT gene therapy since it does not alter genes
I really don't know because I have no idea whats really in it, and no amount of reading will reveal the truth. If you believe what the government and media are telling you is the truth I have a brand new bridge over the turnpike I'd like to sell you cheap.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:22 AM
Veteran member
Default Vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
The vaccines have no DNA and do not affect our DNA in anyway so not gene therapy.

The definition of vaccine is something when administered produces an immune response that prevents a disease. Those of us who have had COVID know it is a disease and no one who has had the vaccine has been hospitalized or died so if it looks like a duck, talks like a duck and walks like a duck it is a duck.
Not saying it is or isn't a vaccine but apparently you haven't been paying attention because many people worldwide have died shortly after receiving the vaccine. Especially the single dose version. Of course you will have to look deeper than the government news source to find the real story and that has probably been true of every new vaccine but it happens none the less
Old 03-26-2021, 07:24 AM
Default Is it "gene therapy?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I have read on this forum countless times (specifically from one poster) that the mRNA vaccines are not vaccines. If I recall correctly, there is intimation that these vaccines are actually gene therapy. Seems these vaccines are referred to as "vaccines" everywhere with the exception of the poster on this forum.

Here is an article that debukes that the mRNA vaccines are gene therapy. I apologize if you don't think the source I used is reliable. I did look up the bias rating on Forbes and they are middle of the road so really no bias there...............

Covid-19 mRNA Vaccines Are Not ‘Gene Therapy,’ As Some Are Claiming
Vaccines until now have been oroteins that stimulate an immune response. The new Maderna and Pfizer mRNA vaccine instruct the body to make the protein that stimulates an immune response. Is that "gene therapy?"

Call it anything you want. The technique will revolutionize medicine.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:30 AM
Veteran member
Default Vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Very true. There are many who will find the most obscure articles from a rag newspaper written by a malcontent and believe everyword of it
Also those who listen to the government and any and all news sources and believe everything they say. Being in print or on television does not make it true either. Do a little research on government fabrications and lies over the decades and you will understand. How do you know when a politian is lying? His mouth is moving.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry chappel View Post
I really don't know [if it is gene therapy] because I have no idea whats really in it, and no amount of reading will reveal the truth. If you believe what the government and media are telling you is the truth I have a brand new bridge over the turnpike I'd like to sell you cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsocrates View Post
Vaccines until now have been oroteins that stimulate an immune response. The new Maderna and Pfizer mRNA vaccine instruct the body to make the protein that stimulates an immune response. Is that "gene therapy?"

Call it anything you want. The technique will revolutionize medicine.
OK, let's try this again for those that do not read (or comprehend) previous posts:

Definition of gene therapy:

gene therapy
[jēn ˈTHerəpē]
NOUN
the transplantation of normal genes into cells in place of missing or defective ones in order to correct genetic disorders.

The VACCINES (yes, they are vaccines)(definition: a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease)

ARE NOT GENE THERAPY
Old 03-26-2021, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriS View Post
Look at who wrote the article & his credentials. He is not a doctor & there are many doctors who disagree.
I cannot think of any REAL doctor or any doctor from any reliable or responsible institution that doesn't support being vaccinated against Covid-19 with one of the vaccines that have already been administered to almost 100 MILLION people in the U.S..
Old 03-26-2021, 07:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,301 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I have read on this forum countless times (specifically from one poster) that the mRNA vaccines are not vaccines. If I recall correctly, there is intimation that these vaccines are actually gene therapy. Seems these vaccines are referred to as "vaccines" everywhere with the exception of the poster on this forum.

Here is an article that debukes that the mRNA vaccines are gene therapy. I apologize if you don't think the source I used is reliable. I did look up the bias rating on Forbes and they are middle of the road so really no bias there...............

Covid-19 mRNA Vaccines Are Not ‘Gene Therapy,’ As Some Are Claiming
Any chance of giving out a vaccine to teach people to negotiate a roundabout! I'm thinking of purchasing an old pickup truck and teaching them to stay in their lane!
Old 03-26-2021, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry chappel View Post
Not saying it is or isn't a vaccine but apparently you haven't been paying attention because many people worldwide have died shortly after receiving the vaccine. Especially the single dose version. Of course you will have to look deeper than the government news source to find the real story and that has probably been true of every new vaccine but it happens none the less
Your source please for all your claims

"Many people world wide have died". "Especially the single dose version".

Please supply who is the"government news source"

Thank you
Old 03-26-2021, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobullymom View Post
As are you...those in glass houses...
Absolutely correct on all counts.

Tags
vaccines, mrna, therapy, gene, bias

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.